Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Would this boost sub-numbers to WOTLK levels?

Warcraft 1,2,3 HD Remake free.

You get access included with a WoW subscription. No subscription, no play.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, why would it?
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aseros View Post

Short Answer: No Long Answer: No because people can get the original's for cheap to dam near free. Also I could be wrong but I don't see them doing a HD remake they are just making it easer to run on Win7/8.

Hell a modder with some free time could do a HD graphic pack for those and it wouldn't cost you $15 a month.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Short Answer: No Long Answer: No because people can get the original's for cheap to dam near free. Also I could be wrong but I don't see them doing a HD remake they are just making it easer to run on Win7/8.
    Hey Microsoft did a HD remake of Age of Empires and then charged $40 for it. Don't know how successful that was, but if it pays out, I can see other following suit.

Just as the numbers didn't drop by 50% over 4 years for a single reason, no single change is going to cause them to go back up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBy8JDi-OqY#t=2113

35:13 if link fails to remember it
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Hey Microsoft did a HD remake of Age of Empires and then charged $40 for it. Don't know how successful that was, but if it pays out, I can see other following suit.
    But that was a one time flee. No one would spend $15 a month to play old games with HD graphics unless they was already paying for WoW.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBy8JDi-OqY#t=2113

35:13 if link fails to remember it
    That's interesting.

Nothing, short of F2P, will get "subs" that high ever again. Even if they made an expansion so good, every active player loved it and didn't complain at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making potential customers more aware of the game is the only thing likely to boost sub numbers at this point beyond returning players.

Deleted
    WoW will never see WotLK-level sub numbers again, even with going F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Making potential customers more aware of the game is the only thing likely to boost sub numbers at this point beyond returning players.
    Blizzard has said that there are probably more people out there who've played and quit than there are who've never played at all.

Personally, I suspect they're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. A lot of players I know never even played the original games. Unless you came from that era, as I did, you wouldn't have much interest in it.

What about making WoW itself as rich as Vanilla/TBC/WotLK?

Maybe if they included a HD version of the 70's Atari Table Tennis??

Honestly, why would outdated rubbish boost their numbers? HD or not....

I might be able to understand nostalgia in some areas. People dreaming about a time when they were young and beautiful, life seemed full of possibilities.... Being nostalgic about gaming takes a whole new standard in stupid though, it was SHIT and it is getting better by the second.

Super Nintendo was shit, Atari was shit, Warcraft 1, 2 and 3 were shit...even Vanilla was shit if you compare it to today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    WoW will never see WotLK-level sub numbers again, even with going F2P.
    Subs no, but if WoW went F2P probably everyone who at some point has been a subscriber would at least reinstall the game and check what's going on. And that's not a small number.

WoW will never return to WoTLK levels as a subscription MMO no matter the incentive.

not a good idea at all, why would pay for a game i dont want to play, so i can play a free game?

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    What about making WoW itself as rich as Vanilla/TBC/WotLK?
    please tell me about all the awesome features that vanilla had, that are missing in pandaria or wod?
    Last edited by A Dark Knight; 2014-10-03 at 05:16 PM.
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account

Nope, the only thing that could do that would be a "WoW 2"..

I think WC I, II, III HD remake would be cool, and I think it would generate some additional subs. But nowhere near WotLK numbers.