Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You make it sound like Top Gear is actually any good...
    Three men getting paid to travel all over the world, fucking around and pissing about with cars, which is a fantasy lifestyle for a lot of men, and it's extremely popular.

Everyone has different tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Meanwhile, in Argentina....
    I'm 3 minutes in this is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account

That was really good, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    That was really good, thanks.
    When I refreshed the page and saw no one had responded I figured people were still watching it. The subtitles are hilarious :P Might be interesting to know what the actual translation is, and who made it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account

Obvious propaganda but still hilarious.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Perhaps he's scouring the internet for links he hasn't read properly that he can use as evidence we should return the Falklands.

And the Elgin Marbles.

And Scotland.

And probably Jersey.

And anything else he thinks Britain has stolen in the last few hundred years.
    To be fair, I'd agree about returning the Elgin Marbles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You make it sound like Top Gear is actually any good...
    Says someone with a cartoon avatar and signature.

'Entertaining' is subjective -- Much like me finding cartoons boring and for prepubescents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Petyr Baelish View Post
    Says someone with a cartoon avatar and signature.

'Entertaining' is subjective -- Much like me finding cartoons boring and for prepubescents.
    Nien, nien, nien. Let's not start the "I r mor matoor than u" clusterfuck.

On topic, Argentina never owned the Islands and have absolutely no claim over them. They need to get over that.

That video is just sad and evil. Teaching children to hate is the most heinous crime you can do to your children.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account

Lol those translations. Yeah there was no cussing in this show at all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Nien, nien, nien. Let's not start the "I r mor matoor than u" clusterfuck.

On topic, Argentina never owned the Islands and have absolutely no claim over them. They need to get over that.
    They want the islands? They can come and get them.

Oh wait, they lost all their ships and warplanes in 1982 and haven't been able to buy any more because their government has been busy drowning the country in debt, massive inflation and recession.

They could go and clear the 20,000 anti-personnel mines they put on the islands too, if they wanted to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    That video is just sad and evil. Teaching children to hate is the most heinous crime you can do to your children.
    It doesn't say that. All the hate stuff and the British stereotypes where purposely translated wrong. All it really said is they believe it's theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    It doesn't say that. All the hate stuff and the British stereotypes where purposely translated wrong. All it really said is they believe it's theirs.
    Cliche evil laughing British
    Death skulls on British fighter planes.
    Wrongfully depicting Argentinian soldiers as the struggling few, when the British on land were outnumbered.
    Wrongfully depicting British soldiers being drafted, when in reality the British consisted of professional soldiers.

Images tell stories as well, not just text and speech.

On the topic of stoning people's cars, and even people because of their licence plates. It is never acceptable to physically harm another human being.
    Last edited by MMKing; 2014-10-03 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petyr Baelish View Post
    Argentina are still mad that we took an island from them that they took from the Spanish?
    Argentina never took the island from the Spanish. The only time it's ever been in Argentine posession is when they occupied it in 1982. The only claim they have on it is that they are the closest mainland country to the islands.... It's like the USA claiming Cuba because they happen to be the closest country on the mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I wish they would, as it might then cause the Nationalists/Republicans who identify with that supposed 'cause' here in Northern Ireland to actually shut up about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Cliche evil laughing British
    Death skulls on British fighter planes.
    Wrongfully depicting Argentinian soldiers as the struggling few, when the British on land were outnumbered.
    Wrongfully depicting British soldiers being drafted, when in reality the British consisted of professional soldiers.

Images tell stories as well, not just text and speech.

On the topic of stoning people's cars, and even people because of their licence plates. It is never acceptable to physically harm another human being.
    Yes the laughing and skulls made the British look like the bad guys but that video makes Argentina look like some crazy loons with all the cussing, u wot m8 stereotypes and especially the we should kill all their women and children. It was definitely biased but not vulgar...it's obviously a freaking kids show.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Yes the laughing and skulls made the British look like the bad guys but that video makes Argentina look like some crazy loons with all the cussing, u wot m8 stereotypes and especially the we should kill all their women and children. It was definitely biased but not vulgar...it's obviously a freaking kids show.
    I don't know why you're going on about the translation. I have made no comments at all on the translation, it's obviously poorly done and has nothing to do with the original author. What i am arguing is what you just said. The video is aimed at children, biased but more importantly it's also hateful and it's teaching children to hate.

Wait... why should Argentina relinquish its rightful claim to the islands?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Wait... why should Argentina relinquish its rightful claim to the islands?
    The Argentinian claim is based on hearsay, the British claim is based on written evidence and possession.