need help finding a gaming laptop

so my girlfriend lives in Australia and is in need of a new laptop
    she has 1.2k to spend and could go a little bit over the limit
    any Aussies who can help us out? she is on a clunker as of now and it sucks for her
    it disconnected/overheats etc, so this new laptop is gonna be a great upgrade for her
    anyways if anyone could lead me to a few sites with good laptops for 1.2k australian dollars, I would appreciate it!

More mac type of gaming laptop
    or
    Desktop replacement type, with an ASUS version

If you want a bit of further help, would be helpful to know what type of laptop she wants

Disclaimer: Not an Aussie, so don't know how good CPL are, just got their site from PC Part Picker AU
    Last edited by Xs; 2014-10-04 at 01:37 AM.

thanks for the help Xs but now she is dead set on this one http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...140&cPath=1539

what do you think? she is a gamer and will be using it majority for that, but she is also starting uni in a couple of months

I have what is basically that laptop with a 17" screen. It's quite nice as a gaming laptop. The only possible issue is the size - while the one she selected is smaller, it's still a bit of a load. I have mine for a travel machine - I set it up in the hotel and then it doesn't move, which works perfectly for me. If I wanted something to carry around, I'd need a different laptop.

So it'll be great sitting in a dorm room, but if she plans to carry it around all day it's not ideal.

Yeah gotta agree with Braeldiil, if shes wanting to take a laptop to lectures, that one will be a total pain in the ass, even if it is damn cool. Personally if I was in her shoes.. well I'd still buy the MSI one because I'm a sucker for MOAR POWAH, but having had that type of laptop for years now, I loathe every time I have to lug it around anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Yeah gotta agree with Braeldiil, if shes wanting to take a laptop to lectures, that one will be a total pain in the ass, even if it is damn cool. Personally if I was in her shoes.. well I'd still buy the MSI one because I'm a sucker for MOAR POWAH, but having had that type of laptop for years now, I loathe every time I have to lug it around anywhere.
    What do you carry it in? Because a shoulder bag is really ill-suited to carrying a serious laptop. A good backpack is far better, or if you're also bringing textbooks, a rolling case.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters