Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    How have the proving grounds been going for disc priests so far? Anyone with some experience to share?

I just hit 100 last night so I will be looking to do some attempts soon!
    Very Easy, just spam PWS + Clarity of Will + Penance on the tank.

For the other only PWS and use Flash Heal for emergency.

Did endless wave 30 on the 1st day I dinged 100. Had done it in MoP as MW, so being a Disc with CoW made this a cakewalk. Easy pizi.

I one shot through Gold as soon as dinged 100.Didn't try endless. I struggled through Gold in MoP and went into gold thinking I'd put in a few attempts and come back later. Surprisingly easy. All anecdotal evidence, but still.

Yeah, I found it even easier than on beta. Most people won't need it, I haven't seen anyone who has yet. I'll get round to an endless guide eventually, but I most people aren't going to need it. Compared to MoP proving grounds its an absolute joke. I suppose it needs to be, but still...
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    Yeah, I found it even easier than on beta. Most people won't need it, I haven't seen anyone who has yet. I'll get round to an endless guide eventually, but I most people aren't going to need it. Compared to MoP proving grounds its an absolute joke. I suppose it needs to be, but still...
    I don't think it was easier. The damage was there, the same "oh, I will interrupt later" mage was there, the same "move, hunter, move" hunter was there and the mechanics were the same as in double debuff etc. It's just that (I think) disc is so well rounded for it. As a MW I had to pre-plan everything, and I did the same with disc, but almost on the fly.

The npcs on live don't scale properly at least i would think so because there's no logical explanation that the tank npc would have 190k hp the rest 120k and you have as the healer around 230k at 632 ilvl, which is why it's super easy right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    The npcs on live don't scale properly at least i would think so because there's no logical explanation that the tank npc would have 190k hp the rest 120k and you have as the healer around 230k at 632 ilvl, which is why it's super easy right now.
    Yeah, I mentioned this in bemusement to some of my guildies earlier. I was sitting around 200k health and Otto had about 150k. A lucky PW:S and CoW was enough to keep him shielded for almost 100% of his health. That basically reduced Proving Grounds to spam PW:S / CoW and use Atonement. No tactics needed.

Yeah pretty much

- - - Updated - - -

No doubt it's intended to be this easy though, since every pleb needs to be able to complete it to do heroics...
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

I just wanted to say thanks. I'm just an average player (or below average - a 65 year old grandma playing for fun) - normal raiding with the occasional venture into a heroic raid with guildies. This did help me. I breezed through silver and decided to give the gold a try - it took me three tries, but I got it. Just being able to anticipate each wave was a great help. Thanks from one of the plebs. /grins and waves

Did this just spamming PW:S when needed. Of course it was before EBC nerf, strangely mana wasn't even an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly - Great Guide

I find it much easier to do proving grounds as disc than holy. (I have been playing Disc pretty much since TBC though). I can't even finish Gold as Holy but I know I suck at Holy.

Disc I managed to get to Endless 25 my first try and got caught by the burrows.

The Endless waves i find the hardest:

The one with the two Aqua - That put up two DoTs (Can't dispel both without mass dispel).

The Big guy, the sonic AoE attacker and the Burrower in one.

I usually silence the AoE Sonic attack the time after the rogue (Can't trust the mage to always get it).