Thread: [TV] Forever

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Forever

Hello guys, I just found out about a really good TV show and i wanted to share it with you, its called Forever: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3487382/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    I just watched the Pilot and it seems very promising. Enjoy
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2015-04-05 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    I've seen the promo as well. And I fully agree with you, so I also recommend this!

Deleted
    I'm absolutely glued to this show, love it ^^ It's well worth the watch <3

Isn't it really similar to New Amsterdam? Don't get me wrong, I like both shows, but since it's pretty much the same, I doubt it'll get a second season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying this so far, its one of the ones I look forward to each week. the acting seems pretty good and the stories aren't too samey from episode to episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

I'm liking this show but would like for it to get into the back story of why he is immortal and the others like him. If they wait too long the show might get cancelled and we will never know.

It has the Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four movies playing the MC.

Watched a few episodes and I like it, but if they keep this up it will just be another "Cop show" with a twist. They should go in deeper on the immortal stuff and Adam, which is way more interesting than them solving murders.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    Isn't it really similar to New Amsterdam? Don't get me wrong, I like both shows, but since it's pretty much the same, I doubt it'll get a second season.
    I never saw new amsterdam but reading the description they do sound very similar. I don't agree that because they're the same Forever won't get a second season. New Amsterdam was on Fox and Fox has a history of canceling shows too quickly.

Also ABC just gave it a full season order yesterday so it's already doing better than New Amsterdam

Edit meant ABC not NBC
    Last edited by Dasffion; 2014-11-09 at 02:13 AM.

I just had to do a search to see if there was a topic about this show. My wife and I absolutely love this show! There needs to be more good quality shows like this. Even in scenes where they could totally be showing scantily clad women and things of that nature, they don't. The language is even good. It's an intriguing show and I so, SO SO SO hope they can do a second season.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I like Forever, it's a light show, and i like the intelligent knowledgabe character, and his grandfatherly son.. it's ute, and the she-cop is gorgeous.. why isn't an actress like that super star?

David Krumholtz as young Judd Hirch was brilliant casting. Also funny because they played father and son on Numb3rs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a ok show but it looks too much like Castle, the Cancellation Bear has this show on "certain to be cancelled by May, 2015" and everytime i see ‎Ioan Gruffudd im reminded of how bad The Fantastic 4 was...
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2015-04-05 at 08:19 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Its a ok show but it looks too much like Castle, the Cancellation Bear has this show on "certain to be cancelled by May, 2015" and everytime i see ‎Ioan Gruffudd im reminded of how bad The Fantastic 4 was...
    Isn't castle about a crime novelist that starts helping the police? I'm not sure how a crime novelist is the same as an immortal doctor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Isn't castle about a crime novelist that starts helping the police? I'm not sure how a crime novelist is the same as an immortal doctor.
    You need to watch both shows to understand why they are so much alike but i dont think Forever will get the time to distance itself from that, lots of fans upon watching the pilot of forever replied with "Lol looks like castle" especialy on Spoilertv and TVline ofc there are many other shows that both shows can be compared with.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2015-04-05 at 01:13 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The similarities are mainly due to both shows having a smart, sexy, quirky, male lead and a smart, sexy, cop, female lead with loads of sexual tension between the two. That is why I think this show needs to focus a bit more on it's supernatural element to distance it's self from Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    The similarities are mainly due to both shows having a smart, sexy, quirky, male lead and a smart, sexy, cop, female lead with loads of sexual tension between the two. That is why I think this show needs to focus a bit more on it's supernatural element to distance it's self from Castle.
    It is definitely an intriguing show. I like that they've not made it about the doctor "getting with" the detective. I really like the way they portray him as a guy who has lost his wife and he will have a hard time moving on, and wants to know what happened to her. His "true love" is not there with him any more, and he is very keen on not finding someone to take her spot. I think the show has done an exceptional job at letting the audience know he's a good guy who doesn't just look at women and think "she's cute, let's have sex". I hate shows that do that.

Also, I've never seen Castle >.< So if there are similarities, so be it. BUT, I don't know why that should have to be a bad thing. I like Forever and the concept of not dying. Well, dying, but not.

Ya i don't think the similarity's are bad either but they are there. Henry isn't trying to get into Jo pants(or visa versa) right now but it is possible. Honestly The show is more similar to The Mentalist then anything. It has the same sexy, quirky, male lead and a smart, sexy, cop, female lead, thing going on but it starts off with the male lead hunting down the killer of his wife and iirc the romantic feelings don't develop till after then.

In Castle on the other-hand the title character is a playboy man-child who is also successful novelist seeking a new muse. He comes across the female lead, a detective named Beckett and instantly falls for her. Beckett on the other hand is reluctant to share his affections, tho she does feel something from the get go. Much of the show is about how her feelings for Castle progress over the years. From a love hate teasing relationship, to solid partners who both feel something for each other but are unwilling to act, to lovers. Its quite a good show tbh, its a shame it's not on Netflix.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the series, its not 100% origional and sometimes it even feels cheesy, but theres a certain charm to the characters and the story that just grows on you.

Except the detective's boyfriend... that guy is annoying and feels forced into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Except the detective's boyfriend... that guy is annoying and feels forced into the story.
    Well going by the last episode, he's not there to stay. I think he was mostly there to make Jo realise what she wants is Henry, even though I don't really like it, it seems like that's the way it's going.

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    Well going by the last episode, he's not there to stay. I think he was mostly there to make Jo realise what she wants is Henry, even though I don't really like it, it seems like that's the way it's going.
    Totally. When Isaac came into her life, I was super annoyed! Also, his tone/the way he talks is super annoying. Almost creepy. But I totally agree that after seeing the last episode, it makes sense that it was all so she could realize that the person she wants to spend time with would be Henry.