Thread: [TV] Forever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Totally. When Isaac came into her life, I was super annoyed! Also, his tone/the way he talks is super annoying. Almost creepy. But I totally agree that after seeing the last episode, it makes sense that it was all so she could realize that the person she wants to spend time with would be Henry.
    Wouldnt be suprised of they already got a shipping name lol.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

The season finale airs tonight! Make sure to tweet to ABC to renew the show. They need to know it's not one they should cancel. It has so much going for it!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The season finale airs tonight! Make sure to tweet to ABC to renew the show. They need to know it's not one they should cancel. It has so much going for it!
    Both the cancellation bear and Tom Shaw give it a zero percent chance of renewal. Not a strong sign, guess all one can do it hope for the best.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...e-more/395695/

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Both the cancellation bear and Tom Shaw give it a zero percent chance of renewal. Not a strong sign, guess all one can do it hope for the best.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...e-more/395695/
    So sad. They need to see that this is a show that has had pretty consistent viewership. Nielsen ratings need to be asking more people what they think because everyone I've talked to that has watched it has been pretty hooked on it.

Sorry it's officially gone. Cancelled as of this evening.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was hanging in the air for a long time.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Well, that sucks

Saw that. ABC is out of touch. This show had consistent viewership, and lots of potential to gain more viewers. It is such a good show.

Yeah I don't understand ABC on this one. Their ratings were better than American Crime and a little worse than Agent Carter. Both of which got renewed. I haven't seen American Crime but Forever was far better than Agent Carter (and I'm a huge AoS fan). I would much rather Forever have been renewed than Agent Carter.

- - - Updated - - -

And the other thing, which I think was mentioned, is while the ratings weren't fantastic they were fairly constant. That should be a good thing I would think.

Well, no offense, but the show was bad. Not exactly bad, but boring.
    Literally nothing interesting happened over the course of the entire season. We found that there is another person like Henry, and that a weapon exists that may kill him (but not really) and that's it. It was too slow.
    The characters were also too normal and predictable.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-05-09 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Well, no offense, but the show was bad. Not exactly bad, but boring.
    Literally nothing interesting happened over the course of the entire season. We found that there is another person like Henry, and that a weapon exists that may kill him (but not really) and that's it. It was too slow.
    The characters were also too normal and predictable.
    Actually, the show moved pretty quickly. The show is entertaining, and it was interesting discovering his past while experiencing the present. Whether it was a dead person that reminded him of something in his past, or whatever, it was really intriguing.

In a way this show reminds me of Monk. Solving cases, seeing things others miss because of your "gift", and there happens to be an overarching story about another man who lives forever. In Monk, we don't resolve the mystery surrounding the death of his wife until the final season. In Forever, we didn't have to "resolve" the story of Adam and Henry until a later season. Things could have moved slower in that regard.

So, for saying the show was boring and slow, it was not. It was clearly fast paced.

Actually, the show moved pretty quickly. =
    No it didn't. At least not the immortality story.
    It basically got nowhere, we didn't learn anything about it.

Yeah, the show is character driven and puzzle-of-the-week stuff, not metaplot driven. It's not "slow", it's just not that sort of show. By contrast, iZombie focuses a lot on the zombie metaplot for example, while I wish it was more like Forever.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    No it didn't. At least not the immortality story.
    It basically got nowhere, we didn't learn anything about it.
    We learned some about it but that's not the sort of thing you reveal in the first season of a show.

Deleted
    I would have loved it if in the end Lucas, from the morgue, was found out to be like the first immortal, tens of thousands of years old. Like, he's kept an eye on immortals throughout the times but only now he's found someone who he thinks he wants to look after or some shit. I kept an eye on whether Lucas could actually have always just have been acting, and him being an immortal was possible, as he had a kind of a small role.

Anyways... I just think it would have been an awesome twist towards the end of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I would have loved it if in the end Lucas, from the morgue, was found out to be like the first immortal, tens of thousands of years old. Like, he's kept an eye on immortals throughout the times but only now he's found someone who he thinks he wants to look after or some shit. I kept an eye on whether Lucas could actually have always just have been acting, and him being an immortal was possible, as he had a kind of a small role.

Anyways... I just think it would have been an awesome twist towards the end of the series.
    That would have been funny. Lucas always made me laugh, and did you know he's in the movie "Avatar"? I knew I recognized him from somewhere. His comments were always so awkward, lol.

That would have been funny. Lucas always made me laugh, and did you know he's in the movie "Avatar"? I knew I recognized him from somewhere. His comments were always so awkward, lol.
    He'll always be J.P. from Grandma's Boy to me.

Been binging it on Prime the last few days, really like it, sad there's only one season.

Something that's been bugging me though, if he disappears on death with all his clothes, how did he keep his watch all this time? In the pilot or when he drowns in the taxi, we see it fall off or be retrieved later, did that always happen? What happens to his clothes? How did he keep Adam's burner phone when he definitely died once or twice until he was first called?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Been binging it on Prime the last few days, really like it, sad there's only one season.

Something that's been bugging me though, if he disappears on death with all his clothes, how did he keep his watch all this time? In the pilot or when he drowns in the taxi, we see it fall off or be retrieved later, did that always happen? What happens to his clothes? How did he keep Adam's burner phone when he definitely died once or twice until he was first called?
    i still miss the show, it is one of those shows that offer a different pace/feel to the usual .. but i think you're to assume he picks up his watch every subsequent respawn.