Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Well Germany managed it and became quite the economic powerhouse. I am sure that Korea could as well.
    Germany didn't have the levels of brainwashing and atrocious conditions that North Korea does. (Not for the faint-hearted; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Dong-hyuk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoeryon...entration_camp)

Deleted
    Well Germany managed it and became quite the economic powerhouse. I am sure that Korea could as well.
    Germany still has economic and cultural problems with its eastern parts even to this day. Plus, North Korea is even more corrupt, Stalinist and consists almost entirely of mountains.

I suspect North Korea will just become another Moldova - some underdeveloped and insignificant spot in an otherwise rich region.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Germany didn't have the levels of brainwashing and atrocious conditions that North Korea does. (Not for the faint-hearted; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Dong-hyuk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoeryon...entration_camp)
    but they did.. I think you are really underestimating what the Nazi's did in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsim View Post
    but they did.. I think you are really underestimating what the Nazi's did in Germany.
    By the time the wall came down (which is what was being referred to I think?) it wasn't as prolific as it is right now in North Korea surely?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it can be done but one would be a fool to think it would be easy without the effects of it being felt for generations in North Korea.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsim View Post
    The nazis are irrelevant to Eastern Germany during the cold war, the split happened first after we had taken Berlin.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Where does this obsession with North Korea come from?
    They are the only nation in the world that has a national policy of telling the US they are going to blow us up.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Oh..there were still enough Nazis in east and west germany...and in responsible positions...
    North Korea is the main attraction of the Earth Freak Show. There's so much freaky shit about North Korea that it's not even funny.

7+ Year Old Account
    So did he step down or is this title misleading? Last I heard he just got gout and couldn't be out in public while he was being treated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Apparently Kim Jong Un has been missing from the media, and now no longer in control, because of his addiction to cheese. He got so fat his ankles fractured. This also comes just a couple of days ago when Top N. Koreans leaders [including the #2 which is assumed to be the new leader] made a trip to South Korea for a meeting. Word is civil war is brewing in N Korea as well. Could we send fat boy some more cheese?
    It's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't heard about this. That's crazy.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Deleted
    Kim Jong Un can't be a quiet little sadist dictator and hope the USA doesn't come looking for wmds, like all other dictators. His ego is of enormous proportions and thinks his buddy, China, will always have his back, so he's very bold in threatening the world with his pathetic 3rd world army that South Korea alone would eat up in one week if China would tell Kim Jong Un to fuck off.

The obsession with NK is the same that makes stupid reality shows like Jersey Shore, or whatever that stuff with Honey Booboo (sp?) is about. People enjoying watching dumb people act dumb, cause drama, etc. They just don't want to be involved themselves. It makes them feel better about themselves.

The fact that NK's foreign relations are handled like an attention-starved 5 year old, and they continue to put on fake displays of "wealth" "power" and "modernity" to foreign media and politicians who see through it and know its fake all too easily, makes it very easy to laugh at them.

It's very funny until you then fall into a sad grimace after thinking about all the people being abused or brainwashed over there to make it happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's likely that someone just as bad will replace him, assuming he's been kocked off his throne. There will be enough corrupt people enjoying the lifestyle provided to them by the suffering of many to step up to the plate and maintain the status quo.

It's not surprising he's hurt his ankles as he's been walking around in Cuban Heels, which are basically high heel shoes for men. Obesity + high heels = disaster waiting to happen.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing Nazi Germany with Germany West/East of the 1980s...... Now that shows some insight...
    Like none whatsoever...

and Germany is not a good comparison to Korea either...

South Korea is not an economic power house. West Germany however was one.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I say keep sending him more cheese. do I as a scientific study to see how much cheese someone can consume until they give out.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Comparing Nazi Germany with Germany West/East of the 1980s...... Now that shows some insight...
    Like none whatsoever...

and Germany is not a good comparison to Korea either...

South Korea is not an economic power house. West Germany however was one.
    Wait what? Are you really claiming South Korea is not an economic power house? Unless of course you mean in the 1980s they weren't but today they are one of richest countries in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expected a link to a onion article.

Our lord and savior Cheesus has helped us defeat the axis of evil again.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    That's fucking sick. Can we like send troops in and help these people? The shit going on in there is just disgusting. Someone needs to put them down.

North Korea is surrounded by much better off, richer countries with much better qualities of life. I say we go in there, take out all the bastards and send all the innocent civilians to south Korea/China and leave that pathetic land to rot or even better, give it to South Korea.
    Nah. Because China.