WoW and unplugging head phones/speakers

Ok that is something that has bothered me for a while now mostly due the fact that I have cheap head phones that unplug quite often.

So here's my question: Why do I have to restart WoW each and every time my head phones or speakers unplug? Why is WoW not capable of playing sounds after changing speakers/head phones or unplugging said devices on accident?
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-10-04 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Ok that is something that has bothered me for a while now mostly due the fact that I have cheap head phones that unplug quite often.

So here's my question: Why do I have to restart WoW each and every time my head phones or speakers unplug? Why is WoW not capable of playing sound after changing speakers/head phones or unplugging said devices on accident.

it happens to basically everything that has audio, pisses me off.

my headphone port on my pc is fucked for some reason and i have to keep readjusting the cable, and everytime i do i have to refresh what ever movie/song i have playing becuase it just breaks it. i didn't know it was normal, thought it was something to do with my audio port being shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never had to restart anything because of that but there is an easy workaround: don't unplug them. Use a dual plug or splitter cable to use both the headphones and the speakers at once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I never had to restart anything because of that but there is an easy workaround: don't unplug them. Use a dual plug or splitter cable to use both the headphones and the speakers at once.
    problem for me is that i don't unplug them, the audio jack is fucked and keeps thinking its unplugged so i gotta twist the cable and then for some reason anything with audio will have to be reset. i think thats basically the same as OPs problem

I'm pretty sure that's a Windows thing, and not directly WoW's fault. Could be wrong on that. (Basically, the way most any device works with Windows is pretty much shit.)

Deleted
    Try going to sound settings and change the sound output under "Game Sound Output."

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Try going to sound settings and change the sound output under "Game Sound Output."
    This is what I do whenever I unplug my headphones to switch to the speakers.

Problem is, and all Blizzard games do this I think, they go by what was set for the system default sound output when the game was started. Only really is an issue with Hearthstone because there's no way to change it in game.