Is a bot clicking my youtube videos?

Hey
    So i have uploaded some videos to youtube started a month ago and todai i went into statistics and found this

Country Sverige

Views 244 (24%)

Estimated amounts of minutes 24 (2,4%)

Average Viewing length 0:05

I just found this really weird :/

Deleted
    There are plenty of videos where i know in the first few seconds that i don't want to watch the rest.

Usually i close a video if it has really bad microphone quality or fails basic quality things like aspect ratio/black borders. So i would rule things like that out first.
    And if you use clickbait titles/thumbnails i imagine people will go away if it's not what they thought it was too, but i imagine that takes more then 5 seconds.

Hard to say anythign usefull without the video ofcourse.

It makes little sense for a bot to click it since youtube also cares about how long people watch, not just the clicks.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2014-10-04 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    244 in a couple of months isn't that much, and nothing suspicious about the rest. The viewer length is possibly because they missclicked in the Related Videos, or simply didn't enjoy your content or something of the sort. I tend to accidentally open videos I don't intend to watch sometimes!
    But average viewing length 5 sec out of 244 people? seems like alot of people are just clicking and closing for the fun of it

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey
    So i have uploaded some videos to youtube started a month ago and todai i went into statistics and found this

Country Sverige

Views 244 (24%)

Estimated amounts of minutes 24 (2,4%)

Average Viewing length 0:05

I just found this really weird :/
    Youtube has this crap setup where if they click your profile page, there will be a video posted up that will load and run immediately without loading the actual video page. It could be that.

When I go to users pages, that video section always runs, and I often either pause it, or click a different link to get rid of it.
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".

or is it that my own clicks on my videos count as views and statistics?
    Because that's pretty fked up imo.. should be able to click my own sheet without it messing up th statistics

or is it that my own clicks on my videos count as views and statistics?
    Because that's pretty fked up imo.. should be able to click my own sheet without it messing up th statistics
    I think they do. My clicks showed up in the counts.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    I think they do. My clicks showed up in the counts.
    well i guess that's the problem then.. i click on the videos to get to the info and setting and all that, so i guess all those clicks are me then.. well shit

But average viewing length 5 sec out of 244 people? seems like alot of people are just clicking and closing for the fun of it
    A large number of people browse through videos by dismissing them if they're not interested after a few seconds, or open multiple videos at once, stop them, then browse through them to see if they're interested. Common practice, and a widely used measure to find if a video is generally considered interesting or not.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    well i guess that's the problem then.. i click on the videos to get to the info and setting and all that, so i guess all those clicks are me then.. well shit
    I have a addon that plays and stops a youtube video to let it load, maybe that could also be a possibility?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

From my experience sometimes I have a youtube video in my history, and I just use it to quickly go back to youtube instead of typing and leave the video quickly. That could be it.