Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cuddlr: The App for Cuddling with Strangers.

If anything bad happens to you as a result of using this, blame no one but yourself. These have to be some of the most awkward social encounters imaginable, and I can't imagine that most people that use this app are of sound mind. I mean, what if the guy accidentally gets a chubby? That's the least of worries when you end up missing or dead. If something horrible happens, like sexual assault, you have to remember "I just wanted to cuddle with a stranger..."

http://cuddlrapp.com/

1) What is Cuddlr?
    Cuddlr is a location-based social-meeting app just for cuddling. It's a way of finding people near you who are up for a cuddle, without any pressure or expectation. When you and another person decide to have a cuddle, the app gives you live-updating walking directions to each other, so you can meet up.

2) What was the inspiration for Cuddlr?
    Our culture doesn't have a space for closeness without pressure. The way we talk about meeting and sharing space and contact with someone assumes that it's centered explicitly around sex and dating, or based on the kind of affection a parent might show a child. We're not getting the right type of contact often enough; we don't give and get enough hugs. Hooking up is certainly not always a bad thing, but there's definitely an under-explored time and a place for a more gentle, no-pressure intimacy, and that's what Cuddlr aims to help with.

3) How does Cuddlr work?
    It finds the closest cuddlers in walking distance and shares their first name, picture, and successful and problematic past cuddles (if any). Tap to request a cuddle from a specific person or respond to someone else's request. If you both agree, you can shoot them a brief message like "let's meet at the park" or "I'm wearing a green shirt". Cuddlr will then show real-time walking directions between the two of you. Once you meet and have a cuddle, you can give a thumbs-up if everything went ok, or in the event of a somewhat too-grabby cuddle, you can report the user. That's it! The app also lets you share a picture of the cuddle, and, when you're ready, you can ask for another cuddle through Cuddlr.

4) What's the difference between Cuddlr and certain popular "hook-up" apps?
    Many features, such as chat, photo albums, shared interests and likes, can keep users from actually meeting: they just chat for months, or swipe left-or-right, or send photos. On Cuddlr, you get together straight away, have a little cuddle, and then part ways. If you want to hang out again, you can exchange information then and there— but you already know what kind of cuddles they give.

5) How do you build in trust and safety measures?
    For potential cuddlers, you can see how many successful and unsuccessful cuddles they've had in the past. Users with a substantial proportion of reports are unlikely to have their requests accepted, and we ban anyone who is consistently using it improperly. In addition, we don't share your location until you've indicated that you do actually want to cuddle this person, and you can block anyone if you don't want them to even see you on the app.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I've been told I give amazing hugs. Not sure I would use this though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the fucking without cuddling app.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have to be a sad excuse for a humanbeing to resort to this
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Not sure one would want to cuddle with total strangers just like that. :|

We need a "lean against each other's back while hanging out in a park" app
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Pretty creepy app.... cuddling without any intimacy is what animals are for :P
    Gonna have to agree with this, and if my dogs could talk I wouldn't cuddle with them either lol.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dumbest effing app ever. We know what it's for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this isn't weird at all...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Dumbest effing app ever. We know what it's for.
    It's clearly to lure women into your home or get into theirs under false pretenses. There's actually probably a wide market for this app.

There's the Free Hugs Campaign

Kind of similar except you get to check the hugee out before you go for it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Like others have already said, this is weird. Can you imagine how awkward it is to meet some random person just to cuddle...?

Which is precisely why I'd want to try it out. I like putting myself out of my comfort zone once in a while.

Deleted
    This is weird and creepy at the same time. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    You have to be a sad excuse for a humanbeing to resort to this
    Oh no, how dare people want to feel good in a world that consistently shits on them for the dumbest of reasons. How fucking dare they.

If this app can make someone happy, or even multiple people, then who are we to judge? From the sounds of it the app has built in ways to protect users, so I see no issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrigerated Marmot View Post
    Like others have already said, this is weird. Can you imagine how awkward it is to meet some random person just to cuddle...?

Which is precisely why I'd want to try it out. I like putting myself out of my comfort zone once in a while.
    Well, there's such stuff for meeting random people for sex. Which is kind of awkward.

"What happens if you get a chubby" ... Yeah, good start to the thread there mate ...

Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    Well, there's such stuff for meeting random people for sex. Which is kind of awkward.
    I dunno. Sex with strangers sounds like a bit more complicated, at least to me.

At least when it's cuddling no one worries about having a rubber, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    "What happens if you get a chubby" ... Yeah, good start to the thread there mate ...
    I'm sure this has happened to many users of Cuddlr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrigerated Marmot View Post
    At least when it's cuddling no one worries about having a rubber, right?
    I'd be worried about attachment in such a case if it's done in the wrong manner. >.<

Deleted
    "Cuddling". Sure.