Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    A lot of our local neighborhoods have seen a lot of hispanics moving in, spurring something of a white flight from the suburbs.
    And when a lot of rich people move into a new area they often displace the poor whites living there. This is not a new phenomenon and doesn't represent 'cultural displacement'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Highlighted, expanded and in Comic font to emphasise the correct answer.
    I see what you did there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And when a lot of rich people move into a new area they often displace the poor whites living there. This is not a new phenomenon and doesn't represent 'cultural displacement'.
    That isn't going to stop 'em from believing that.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Highlighted, expanded and in Comic font to emphasise the correct answer.
    If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?

Quote Originally Posted by the batman View Post
    if pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?
    *conspiracy keanu reeves*
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?
    Hurr hurr.

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Mark Twain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's not displacement, but what would you call southern white conservatives fleeing from formerly dominated neighborhoods because they believe mexicans will bring crime, poverty, their illegal families, etc? The best term I could think of for that was white flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    It's still going to be economy.
    And who isn't doing anything to help the economy? CONGRESS. Can you say congress? I know you can.

Topping his predecessor in breaching amendmental laws.
    (Not even a joke, looking at both of you bush and obama)

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    OK, let's not say "cleaning up after Obama", as that wouldn't be specific enough.

Will it be ISIS?

Healthcare?

Education?

Immigration?

The economy?

Vladimir Putin?

Something else?

Let's hear what you have to say.

Trying to maintain the belief that Americans have any choice in this nations direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a democrat, it'll be republican obstructionism.

If it's a republican, it'll be finding another country to invade so as to pump trillions into the military industrial complex and other heavily lobbied special interests. That and coming up with new and exciting ways to fuck the general population (mostly the uneducated base of republicans and poor people) with the support of the uneducated republican base that vote with their bias, not their brain.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-10-07 at 03:07 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting elected. None of our presidents do shit but take vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Compared to Congress, this is nothing. Obama hasn't even taken half the days off that Bush did as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If it's a democrat, it'll be republican obstructionism.

If it's a republican, it'll be finding another country to invade so as to pump trillions into the military industrial complex and other heavily lobbied special interests. That and coming up with new and exciting ways to fuck the general population (mostly the uneducated base of republicans and poor people) with the support of the uneducated republican base that vote with their bias, not their brain.
    it´s like reality tv on a whole nother level

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    now now don´t be so hard on your leaders, some of your presidents do shit between vacations, that has to account for something
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not sure why we should chain our presidents to their desks in the oval office until they drop dead. Never really understood that mentality. I prefer my country's leader to be as rested and able to handle things as reasonable.