Deleted

Icons vs text/bars for aura addons

I'm currently debating with myself on whether its best to use text plus a cooldown bar (if the latter is needed for a spell) or use an icon with an animation (the first is usually done on weakauras, the latter on tellmewhen). I get a sense I prefer a text line with a color and a cooldown bar (the bar only if the ability is too important) because an icon is more 'abstract', and I'm not a toddler requiring shapes to recognize patterns. What do you think, what's the best approach to display aura/info on the screen with such addons?

PS. Don't tell me circular auras that encompass the whole screen a la how blizzard does it now too. I hate those. They are too big and only cover one spell usually.

If you like Icons with just a timer on it for while X is up, on CD and usable... use that.

If you like Bars do the same with a bar?

Its pretty much that simple you can do both easily with either of those addons.

I personally use Icons. I am not so much of a fan of bars. I like just icons together in a box showing everything I need.

IE:
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2014-10-05 at 06:13 AM.