Poll: PVP with your mount?

PVP ground with mounts?

Wouldn't it be cool? Riding on mounts while casting spells, swinging your axe around? Might be hard as a Rogue though lol, but I've been playing some WC3, and its awesome how Thrall keeps riding his mount and casting spells

10+ Year Old Account
    It works in Nagrand. Also as a Rogue.

I still don't like the idea in PvP. Especially in battlegrounds... imagine CtF

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do something similar to that in Nagrand should you use a certain outpost. You can't mount your own mounts. It basically functions as a 60% movement speed boost in combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Yes and no.

I believe that every mount should have an additional action bar popping up when you mount up, that has abilities that can be used by the mount.

*Ram. You charge an enemy target and ram it, doing damage and knocking it back 5 yards.
    *Trample. You move forward at great speed for 40 yards, similar to monk's Flying Serpent Kick. Enemies in your path are knocked back 3 yards and stunned for 3 seconds.
    *Kick. The mount kicks with its back legs knocking an enemy back 5 yards and stunning it for 3 seconds.
    *Mounted (passive). You can use autoattacks and autoshots while mounted. Using anything else will automaticaly dismount you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhoss View Post
    Yes and no.

I believe that every mount should have an additional action bar popping up when you mount up, that has abilities that can be used by the mount.

*Ram. You charge an enemy target and ram it, doing damage and knocking it back 5 yards.
    *Trample. You move forward at great speed for 40 yards, similar to monk's Flying Serpent Kick. Enemies in your path are knocked back 3 yards and stunned for 3 seconds.
    *Kick. The mount kicks with its back legs knocking an enemy back 5 yards and stunning it for 3 seconds.
    *Mounted (passive). You can use autoattacks and autoshots while mounted. Using anything else will automaticaly dismount you.
    This would be very cool aswell, and they can only be used in a battleground, or in a duel possibly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    This would be very cool aswell, and they can only be used in a battleground, or in a duel possibly.
    If anything they should only be usable OUTSIDE of bgs and duels.

Give ground mounts abilities to counter flying mounts and other ground mounts. For example a hardened shell-like ability with an increased range and usable while on the move to be used on flying mounts only and other ability with shorted ranged only usable on ground mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying mounts ruin PvP. But regular mounts are okay.
    Look! Words!

It would be cool if they did it in some sort of way to make a specific bg or group of bgs. Maybe like a race to the check points for ground mounts and like a airship battle for flying mounts. The ideas really interesting just seems hard to do with how wow currently is with mounts.

What would be interesting is if every mount had certain stats which made them unique in a pvp environment. For example riding a Kodor or Mammoth would yield high stamina and toughness but low agility and vulnerable to faster mounts like a tiger or raptor eg.

This kind of depth to mounted combat would be realistic but the drawback it would open another window of pvp to balance ( when they still haven't even got normal pvp balanced yet )

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    What would be interesting is if every mount had certain stats which made them unique in a pvp environment. For example riding a Kodor or Mammoth would yield high stamina and toughness but low agility and vulnerable to faster mounts like a tiger or raptor eg.

This kind of depth to mounted combat would be realistic but the drawback it would open another window of pvp to balance ( when they still haven't even got normal pvp balanced yet )
    Yeah or maybe even give certain types of mounts abilities like hunter pets

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    Yeah or maybe even give certain types of mounts abilities like hunter pets
    This would be a horrible idea.

You're a company who sells mounts on your cash shop. Mounts are being given combat abilities. Do you...
    A) Give the cash shop mounts good abilities and have the community accuse you of selling power (i.e. Pay2Win argument)
    B) Give the cash shop mounts bad / no abilities and have the community accuse you of ripping people off.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Should have been implemented years ago. A limited attack set while mounted, but everyone needs to have a default ability to knock enemies off their mounts as well. (something like a dismount + short stun)

Deleted
    I'm afraid the glory of such a thing would diminish quite fast, you run into the problem that WoW is still bound by the restriction of a hotkey based MMO. Would be PvP with a different skin, and that have a tendency to not be that well received.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I think it's a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    This would be a horrible idea.

You're a company who sells mounts on your cash shop. Mounts are being given combat abilities. Do you...
    A) Give the cash shop mounts good abilities and have the community accuse you of selling power (i.e. Pay2Win argument)
    B) Give the cash shop mounts bad / no abilities and have the community accuse you of ripping people off.
    Or, give the mounts the abilities of similar mount types, just with different/flashier animations? Winged Guardian would have Saber/Panther abilities and so on.

However, if you attack while mounted you need to be slowed or Melee need an increased mounted speed baseline. Since you couldn't give Melee leaps without ranged having disengages, you'd need to give melee the ability to catch up to the enemy. Since that's the whole Arms Race issue again, you'd need to find a way to sort it without turning it into MoP.