Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you still "play" with LEGOs? / How old are you?

I recently bought my 10 year old brother a pretty decent set.. Except that, I took it home and built it. Before I gave it to him. LOL

Now, let me clarify, I didn't do it just to be a dick.. I used to play with Legos a lot as a child, and had a lot. Due to some burglary one day when I was still a kid, I lost all of mine. By that time I was around 14 or 15, so I didn't really play with them all that much anymore. But I still had plans on giving them to my first younger brother. (who was around 8 or 9 the time they were stolen)

Now I'm older, (27) my first brother is at the age where "playing" isn't something he does now, (17) But my second brother is 10, so perfect time for some Legos.

There was no special occasion or anything, he didn't even know I was going to get them. But I figured all the fun I was going to get out of them was pretty much done, as I still enjoy building up the big sets and making everything functional, but I don't do so much "playing" anymore.. Haha. So I pretty much bought it and figured I'd go home and build it, and then take it over to my lil brothers' to surprise him with it.

(He was pretty happy to just get the set I built, and didn't even mention me building it first.)

So.. Any of you still "play" with Legos? And play could mean many things such as, just building things/sets up and never touching them again, or collecting. Or still like the good ol' days, and just plain playin'. And, mind if I ask how old?
    Last edited by Violent; 2014-10-06 at 07:59 AM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

15+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing with legos (and any other toys) when I went to school aka when I was 7. That's pretty much the standard here in Finland, playing ends when school starts.

Although I'm interested about that burglary thing. Are you telling us someone actually broke into your house and stole your legos? What the fuck? Acidman must have been tripping.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Although I'm interested about that burglary thing. Are you telling us someone actually broke into your house and stole your legos? What the fuck? Acidman must have been tripping.
    Haha, yes! Well, to be fair they didn't just take my Legos.. They took a lot of other stuff too. But it did kind of throw me for awhile, who steals a kids' toys?? TV, dvd-player, these are things I would expect to go.. Now that I think about it years later, it's pretty funny and they were pretty damn stupid. They left one of the TVs (the big one), but took Christmas decorations.. >.<

Not sure if it was because both my Legos and the Christmas stuff were in plastic storage tubs.. But who doesn't look in them before they load'em up in the truck? (or vehicle, what have you).
    My parents often thought it was a bunch of teenagers trying to get whatever they could. Never found out, police were no help.

And again, they left the big TV... Still don't understand it to this day.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    I still play with my Lego Techhic whenever I need to stress off Just built a car with shock absorbers on each wheel ..and by the way I am 33

- - - Updated - - -

i think legos are great for activating the creative part of the brain, and really fun when you have the set with motors, gears and stuff

If I still had my lego table that I had when I was a kid, I might. But I doubt it, if I want to play a game like that I'll just play Minecraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing with legos (and any other toys) when I went to school aka when I was 7. That's pretty much the standard here in Finland, playing ends when school starts.
    Dafuq? Why would 'playing' stop when you went to school? I remember playing with all kinds of toys during elementary school. Granted schools in Finland are a lot different, but still. o.o

I used to play with legos A LOT. I usually had certain 'phases' when I went on a building spree or what not and then after a week or so I'd stop playing for awhile.

My legos always went missing as well. I usually didn't have that many of them either tho.

And no, I'm no longer playing with legos. I reckon it'd be a bit expensive to start up again and well, I'm always playing on my PC instead :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Occasionally. I played with my 4 year old nephew last year in Arizona when I visited, he loved my spaceship I made for him. I know once my daughter grows up she'll want to play as well. We got her some Duplo blocks that she likes to play with every now and again. I'm 24.

Fun fact, lego is already plural, legos is not a word. The more you know~
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, on a regular basis, I'm 36

10+ Year Old Account
    I still got all my LEGO, even though I don't use it a lot. It does happen on occasions though.
    I'm 20

Deleted
    I gave all my legos to my nephew, wish I never had, that collection would be considered pretty insane nowadays. I want to start buying at some point again. Also, I'm 28.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had a bunch of Lego + technical Lego that I used to combine with electrical motors and batteries to make all sorts of stuff occasionally until I was like 16-17. Was pretty relaxing and a good way to be creative.

Think I still have it in the attic, maybe I'll get it down again soon

It's "LEGO" not "Legos". It's an uncountable noun.

Think of like, milk or sand. You can have bottles of milk, cups of milk, buckets of sand... but you can't have one milk or seven sands. So you can't drink milks or play with sands. If I ask you to "pass me a sand" you'd wonder what the fuck I was talking about, I'd have to say "pass me a grain of sand" to make any sense. Similarly, you can have a LEGO model, or a LEGO man, or a LEGO house, or a box of LEGO, or a pile of LEGO, but you can't have LEGOs.

I have a big collection of Star Wars LEGO, though I haven't actually played with it in ages.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-10-08 at 12:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actively play with mine, but I still have them (28yrs old).

Come to think about it... why not assemble the good old spaceships once again....

Prob something to do with this.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...lue-soars.html

Remember hearing about it on the news a while back. There are like individual lego pieces going for hundreds of dollars or more, some as simple as normal bricks that just have an unusual color.

I think my parents still have all my old legos. I used to have a shitton of em, my grandmother would buy me one of the big sets every Christmas. I haven't touched the normal ones since I was young, but I did pull out the old Mindstorms set a few years ago to see if I could make a little lego arm on a motor to press a key every 60 seconds or something. Not to use it practically (the battery would die too fast), but just to see if it would work. Pretty simple project, so it did.

edit: I'm 25.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 36, and i while i do still have some legos from ages past, i don't play with them per se. A couple years back I did use some technics parts to prototype an aileron linkage assembly for work. That wasn't playing though, that was for science!

I play with more advanced construction kits of star wars based ships such as star destroyer and deathstars. Im 24

Gradually lost interest, but I don't see anything wrong with that. The Lego Movie reminded me that I kind of miss that freebuilding aspect, even though I wasn't that good at it. I've still got a few of my old creations up on the shelf.

I certainly wouldn't look down on anyone for it, they're a great, flexible creative toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'm 27, and while I haven't played with my Legos in years, my two-year-old just got his first set(s) of Duplos, which has kindled in me a fair bit of anticipation for the day, a year or two from now, when I'll get to show him how much fun building can be

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll still play with legos, I don't care. I made an iPhone stand a few months ago with mine.

And I also don't give a shit who I offend by saying "legos." Deal with it.
    Putin khuliyo