Deleted

Sell the druid class to me

Im thinking of picking up a druid as my alt in WoD, feral or balance I dont know yet. Sell the idea of DPS druid to me, which spec and why should I pick it over the other classes?

I play a fury warrior atm in a 14/14hc guild and have picked a few ranks on WCL on some bosses. I like a spec thats deep but still not annoying if you understand what i mean, it should reward skillful play.

Well I play feral so I would pick feral because for one I love it so much better than any class or spec in the game just the play style of feral is just fun + it wrecks in damage in mop (Not sure about WoD atm) and I think Balance is f'ed up atm in wod beta correct me if I'm wrong anyone. I also think melee is just 10x more fun than range but it differs for everyone. Feral has good damage, good heals, good mobility but I guess balance has the same and who doesn't want to be in cat form all the time? ;p

Play a druid. You sold? /shrug

And we have 4 roles (tank, healer, melee dps, ranged dps)

Also being able to do all those things is precisely why I chose druid, especially with the new gear that transforms stats based on your spec.

Also shape shifting is really really fun. That's why I made my druid a Worgen. Cat, Bear, Bird, Stag, Manatee, Human, Wolf. Oh, and never having to use a mount too. Running wild and Flight form ftw!!

After typing all that out, damn I love my druid. Only one minor complaint, is I can't see my badarse CM gear while in kitty or bear.

Coming from a warrior you will face a lot more downtime as energy is a slow resource. You also will not be able to see your gear in any of the forms.

That said, you have the only class that can perform all 4 rolls, you get stealth!, and you can shift out of roots and snares which is huge. You also cannot be polyed by mages which is nice.

Balance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH0z6rZEZ8o

Feral: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYeBTPGO3VM

I've not watched these videos, but I did see his MW/Reso Druid vids and agreed with them so I'd say he's got a pretty good outlook on what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Im thinking of picking up a druid as my alt in WoD, feral or balance I dont know yet. Sell the idea of DPS druid to me, which spec and why should I pick it over the other classes?

I play a fury warrior atm in a 14/14hc guild and have picked a few ranks on WCL on some bosses. I like a spec thats deep but still not annoying if you understand what i mean, it should reward skillful play.
    I think there are much better ways to pose your question or request, don't you?

If you're in a guild of full heroic clear raiders, then there should be at least one other druid there for you to talk to. If it's 25-man, there is bound to be at least one Balance druid that can talk about Restoration, and at least one person who has played a Guardian druid that can talk about Feral.

Really, if you want to play the class, hop onto the Beta and try it out. If you're not fortunate enough to have the Beta, go onto the PTR before it is brought down and try it out with the pruned abilities. Sitting here and telling you why I love Restoration is not going to do anything to help you figure out if you like the Class/Spec/Role or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post

Currently Fury is light years better than Feral but of course that is subject to change. If you are ranking and clearing in HC you already have a pretty good idea of what Feral has been like. Still too soon to say for WoD. From Fury to Balance would be a pretty big change. If I was going to switch to caster I would have to go Warlock. It seems like you can always count on at least one of their specs being fairly OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    Balance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH0z6rZEZ8o

Feral: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYeBTPGO3VM

I've not watched these videos, but I did see his MW/Reso Druid vids and agreed with them so I'd say he's got a pretty good outlook on what's up.
    That balance video is exactly why I stopped leveling my druid : /

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    That balance video is exactly why I stopped leveling my druid : /
    Can you elaborate please?