Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Proving Grounds Gold Tank] Warlock

Celestalon tweeted today that doing Proving Grounds Tank Gold as dps or healer awards you with the achievement right when 6.0 comes. Or any other gold spec that isn't yours.
    http://wod.wowhead.com/achievement=8812

Ciaossu updated his post so you can see the tweet.

I was thinking about creating a new thread for this becausue demon lost a LOT of it's toughness on WoD. Passive stun/snare reduction is gone, and worse of all, no longer we have Dark Apotheoses.
    I haven't tried gold tank on beta yet, but on live doing it without Dark Apotheoses I think it's impossible. You can't maintain aggro, you won't be able to tank nearly as much and so on.

My advice, if you want the FoS, do it NOW. It's a feat so I don't think Blizzard will be going easy on this one. Sparkuggz also has a video of him doing it.
    I just finished it after one hour of trys, and it's somewhat brutal. It should be named "Kitting grounds".

http://postimg.org/image/ly88vmw5p/
    Full Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did gold tanking as demo with the glyph too a while back, wasn't too difficult. But the 9th (I think it was) wave hurts pretty badly!

9th and 10th when the giants go crazy can screw you over. I swear if wasn't for these two it would be way easier, but getting crit for 290k when you have 360k hp is hard =p

It's more for a "warning" topic, because without Dark Apotheosis I think it's impossible, and it's gone in WoD. It will depend on Blizz instance of whether or not change the way the challenge works, because for dps you need to hold aggro and ilvl scaling makes it dificult.

Decided to run in and try this and it was surprisingly easy compared to what I was expecting. Not sure if there'll be a FoS or whatever but I'm glad I did this. After I got gold I decided to try out endless 1 time before I left and got to wave 6. Was really fun.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ooooh, I was wondering what the news on this achievement was, since I saw it a while ago, but had nothing confirming it until your post (since I don't frequent twitter). Thankfully I actually farmed up a cmode bis set before this, so I have something to work off to convert just for this. A simple re-gemming and hopefully it doesn't take me too long.

Thanks for posting this information, appreciate it =) Something to do this week!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made 30 Proving Grounds Tank Endless 30 waves with demo tank. If anyone is interested here's the video of 21-30 waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    I made 30 Proving Grounds Tank Endless 30 waves with demo tank. If anyone is interested here's the video of 21-30 waves.

I have to start trying that as well! Didn't know this was actually possible.

"Do it NOW" is the tracker even in-game yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Demec View Post
    "Do it NOW" is the tracker even in-game yet?
    In a way, I guess. Celestalon confirmed that it will work for everyone who did it prior to 6.0 and it will be awarded in 6.0.

@Kalen

WTF. I'm glad I created this thread just to see that oO
    Wonderfull!

Deleted
    Got gold today after 12 tries. Wave 1-9 were quite easy, but 10 was just insane. Tried endless aswell, but it's hard w/o stamina trinkets and gems/enchants.

10 is pretty difficult. Going to give it another shot tomorrow. I learned that flasks do not get scaled down, food too, so you can get 1950 stam for an hour with flask of earth and a 450 stam food buff.

Deleted
    did this a few days ago, was really fun! used my hc gear and the portal trinket from timeless isle (timelost artifact), crystal of insanity (+500 all stats) & int food. had about 400k hp.
    mass fear adds in p10, use Unending Resolve when the 2 big mobs enrage, use drain life, healthstone, pray to god you survive also use carrion swarm as often as possible

Talents: Harvest Life, Mortal Coil, Soul Link, Unbound Will, GoSup, Archimonde's Darkness. Voidlord as Pet, he died 2 or 3 times. you can disarm the big mogu mobs with your pet while they are enraged.
    Glyphs: Demon Traning, Drain life, Demon Hunting
    Last edited by mmoc37f5b53355; 2014-10-09 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    Tip: turn off auto taunt on your voidwalker for this. Did like 10 tries wiping before even reaching like wave 8 due to pet dying all the time, turned it off and it went down smooth.

Also, while it may not me 100% necessary, use the puddles. Makes it alot easier in my experience (got it on 2nd try when trying to maximize puddle usage).

Edit: anyone know if we'll get a title for this achievement? Would be nice and probably quite rare!
    Last edited by mmoc004bc643ae; 2014-10-09 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anderzon View Post
    Tip: turn off auto taunt on your voidwalker for this. Did like 10 tries wiping before even reaching like wave 8 due to pet dying all the time, turned it off and it went down smooth.

Also, while it may not me 100% necessary, use the puddles. Makes it alot easier in my experience (got it on 2nd try when trying to maximize puddle usage).

Edit: anyone know if we'll get a title for this achievement? Would be nice and probably quite rare!
    Yeah I macro'd petattack with the vw taunt, and turned off auto.

Titles I believe are account wide, would like to be wrong on this so my warlock could have the tank title

What puddles are you referring to, the fire ones? Do they actually make the enemies take more damage, because I really had to avoid those as they destroy my hp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefio View Post
    Yeah I macro'd petattack with the vw taunt, and turned off auto.

Titles I believe are account wide, would like to be wrong on this so my warlock could have the tank title

What puddles are you referring to, the fire ones? Do they actually make the enemies take more damage, because I really had to avoid those as they destroy my hp.
    Didn't mean proven defender title but a unique one for doing gold with wrong spec!

And yes, the fire puddles make enemies take more dmg (5% per stack and also a dot on them), and it's pretty easy to position yourself so you don't stand in them but the enemies do.

Quote Originally Posted by Anderzon View Post
    Didn't mean proven defender title but a unique one for doing gold with wrong spec!

And yes, the fire puddles make enemies take more dmg (5% per stack and also a dot on them), and it's pretty easy to position yourself so you don't stand in them but the enemies do.
    Thanks for the info! Giving it a shot right now. What are you doing gearing/stat wise, besides going for max gem slots? What gems enchants and all that specifically? In the video of the russian who did endless 30 he said he went all stamina so I'm doing that, but maybe int (or int/mastery since mastery reduces damage taken in dark apo) would be better?

Here's my armory if you have any suggestions for making this as optimized as possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...msbon/advanced

Deleted
    I guess stamina gems/enchants will make it easier, but gold is doable with regular raiding setup.

Quote Originally Posted by rohkemdote View Post
    I guess stamina gems/enchants will make it easier, but gold is doable with regular raiding setup.
    True but I enjoy min maxing. Gives you that slight edge.

Deleted
    Just a little tip for wave 10 in gold. Use gateway and demonic circle when mogus enrage.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Full stamina gems and enchants makes it much easier, because it allows not to wipe in some moments(In the video on 7 wave I had moment when I have 5% hp, and imagine it without full stamina). You can do it without full stamina, but it takes more wipes.