Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Leveled my 587ilvl hunter 90-100. first replace came by 98lvl, replaced my heroic 4/4 upped ring to 590 ring

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    This is good news i guess as i don't feel like coming back to do heroic raids for BiS right now. so my average 563 gear will last til 96-98. Good i guess. how bout crafted lvling greens and blues?
    If they made it so that you needed heroic raid gear to level in an expansion most people would be screwed. My main is 557 and, based on experience with those I end up grouped with, far better than averagely geared. I have no way of getting heroic raid gear and if I was doomed then the majority of players would also be doomed and that would be bad for the game.

Ilvl 480 will be good enough lol

15+ Year Old Account
    just think about at roughly what gear level you were when you hit lvl 90 the first time with your first char with no leveling BoA or BoE items, nothing. you most likely were in the ~420-430 itemlvl range. if you were lucky you had some 450 weapon as quest reward. maybe.

that's about the gear level the first zones are balanced around. and should be. because people may still level the classic way. they get one 483 geared boost char for free, yes, but maybe they'll level another one from scratch. and they're not paying 50 bucks for that. so they have to be able to level with gear that low, hence it is why they will be balanced for that gear level.

so yes, 550-570 is only-god-knows-how-OP for leveling. as others said, you most likely wont replace a single item until you hit 96 or so.

You'll need 589 to kill the first quest mob, sorry.

Maybe 587 if you use all your cd's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, gonna be like leveling in mop atm with the op blues you can buy off the Ah...and then some, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Ilvl 480 will be good enough lol
    Pretty much, the starting zones are designed to be playable in simple quest greens/blues from MoP, a 550-570 ilvl should be sufficient till at least 95 when you start seeing potential upgrades.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    After taanan you'll be in full ilvl 500 rares, so 500 may be what's meant for SMV and FFR
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Keep in mind, they expect people to be able to level new character through Pandaria with questing/pre-90 dungeons leaving them with an ilvl around 450 at the best and then stepping into Draenor. The opening sequence and first questing zone will tuned for people a hundred ilvls below you.
    This seems about right. A boosted 90 starts with 483 so it would be a little below that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."