Thread: Clicker Heroes

Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Btw Betty Clicker has been my bottom bitch. She was gilded for me before I ascended and she put in work.
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. I gotta say, having ascended twice now, Betty Clicker doesn't really help me out anymore. My DPS blows past those levels. It would have been significantly better for my guild to land on Grant or Shinatobe or Frostleaf or one of the "I'm the only good hero to level at this stage" heroes who holds shit down by themselves like a single mom.

Btw I have 4 relics now but they're all garbage. How do I discard them to make room for new relics? Or will it automatically teach me about the "junk pile" when it's time? Because I sure as fuck don't know what a forge core is...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. I gotta say, having ascended twice now, Betty Clicker doesn't really help me out anymore. My DPS blows past those levels. It would have been significantly better for my guild to land on Grant or Shinatobe or Frostleaf or one of the "I'm the only good hero to level at this stage" heroes who holds shit down by themselves like a single mom.

Btw I have 4 relics now but they're all garbage. How do I discard them to make room for new relics? Or will it automatically teach me about the "junk pile" when it's time? Because I sure as fuck don't know what a forge core is...
    When you ascend you can have only 4 relics, everything in the junk pile will have to be salvaged for forge cores which can be used to somewhat upgrade your existing relics.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted

New relics will automatically go into the junk pile. You can then just drag and drop them to the places of the current relics to switch them. Then, as the previous poster said, the junk pile gets destroyed when you ascend. Afaik there's no possibility to create an empty place in the 4 relic slots when you have 4+ of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to the ancients that started you off with extra gold and started you at a higher level? Those were great because the lower levels are super boring once you get high enough. Finally getting to the point where getting 100k souls is easy, but it still takes too long because of those early levels.

Ok, bought first autotapper, ascended for the third time. Have 2 idle ancients (gold and dps) and Morgulis.

One thing: do i need to hoard on the hero souls or spend them as soon as i can on new ancients/leveling them up? Also started to mercenaries, what they are best used for?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Unspent hero souls increase your DPS by 10%/soul. Depending on the level of the ancients, how many you have, and how many souls you have it can be better to either invest in a new ancient, level up the ones you have or keep the souls. There's not one single answer to the first questions.
    As for mercenaries: I personally find they're useful in the order +1 merc > souls > rubies > gold > skill activations. Though I always take the longest missions anyway due to laziness, with the exception of getting another merc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What happened to the ancients that started you off with extra gold and started you at a higher level? Those were great because the lower levels are super boring once you get high enough. Finally getting to the point where getting 100k souls is easy, but it still takes too long because of those early levels.
    Yeah, I was wondering where they'd gone... I mean, if you restart while idle you can usually get enough gold from your first click to level up Treebeast to at least 100 and start the massacre off.

But that's no reason to junk the two early game skipped Ancients.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    One thing: do i need to hoard on the hero souls or spend them as soon as i can on new ancients/leveling them up? Also started to mercenaries, what they are best used for?
    I would say you need to strike a solid balance. It's worth keeping a good amount of ancients in your pocket, because the damage boost is amazing, but at the same time you NEED to level the idle ancients to clear later levels, and souls spent on Solomon will pay for themselves soon enough. So even if you skip all the others, it's ALWAYS worth putting a few points per restart into those three ancients.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I would say you need to strike a solid balance. It's worth keeping a good amount of ancients in your pocket, because the damage boost is amazing, but at the same time you NEED to level the idle ancients to clear later levels, and souls spent on Solomon will pay for themselves soon enough. So even if you skip all the others, it's ALWAYS worth putting a few points per restart into those three ancients.
    Ok. Currently i have dumped all souls but i just need 8 more for Solomon (i have him readily available, maybe i can spend 500 rubies on 9 souls) so when i have those 4 ancients i can strike to hoard more of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Currently i have dumped all souls but i just need 8 more for Solomon (i have him readily available, maybe i can spend 500 rubies on 9 souls) so when i have those 4 ancients i can strike to hoard more of them.
    Yeah, sounds solid. It's best to be a bit spend happy early on, to get those baselines set. Once you've got a few Transcends under your belt and you're getting 90k+ souls from one boss, they come in fast enough anyway

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, sounds solid. It's best to be a bit spend happy early on, to get those baselines set. Once you've got a few Transcends under your belt and you're getting 90k+ souls from one boss, they come in fast enough anyway
    Ok that sounds nice XD - how do i transcend? I suppose i'll have to unlock last hero or something similar.

Ok that sounds nice XD - how do i transcend? I suppose i'll have to unlock last hero or something similar.
    Get to area 300.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's pretty good . Transcending won't be done for a while. It essentially send you RIGHT back to square one, but with special souls which can be used to get "Outsiders" who are basically Ancients on crack.

Had my first transcendence yesterday. A few millions souls and whatnot gone. Things were bad afterward because I didn't realize just how slow it was to start back up again after all the quick ascensions and ancients.

However, once that Transcendence bonus kicked in... Sweet Jimmy Crickets!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Had my first transcendence yesterday. A few millions souls and whatnot gone. Things were bad afterward because I didn't realize just how slow it was to start back up again after all the quick ascensions and ancients.

Yeah I got back up to 100k souls in like, three resets after that. And I didn't have millions of souls before the transcendence.

The bonus to Solomon from the Outsider is so insane. I am almost tempted to split my AS 2:1 to pump Solomon and the idle bonus Outsiders (respectively).

I don't use calcs or cheats, so I prefer to try things out and find stuff out myself. However, I feel the above strategy is very sound considering the incredible compounded bonuses I reaped with almost no effort. Where I went from entry Rangers to about 2-3 Rangers down considering re-gilding. That's huge for six hours of work.

The bonus is amazing; I got 7 million hero souls from my last ascend. It's sick.

Deleted
    The bonus to Solomon from the Outsider is so insane. I am almost tempted to split my AS 2:1 to pump Solomon and the idle bonus Outsiders (respectively).

I don't use calcs or cheats, so I prefer to try things out and find stuff out myself. However, I feel the above strategy is very sound considering the incredible compounded bonuses I reaped with almost no effort. Where I went from entry Rangers to about 2-3 Rangers down considering re-gilding. That's huge for six hours of work.
    I tested a lot with the outsiders, too. I went the same way at first like you. Then, with more souls, I invested more in the others to test stuff out. One can respec every Transcension without losing any Ancient Souls, so it's no problem to test many configurations. I'm most likely ending up with something like this: (Spoilertags if people want to test it out themself. It's self-tested, not calculated, so those people who want to find the optimal way should go to a calc)

- 15 in Xyl, with quite early on already 5-10 points in it. Mostly to speed up that first Ascension after Transcending, but it's also nice later on.
    - 10 in Chor. Not worth it early on, and not really worth if after 10 as the cost increases. Generally the worst Outsider I'd say.
    - 15 in Phandoryss. Not many early on, as the costs get really high, but this Outsider is extremely strong. If I'm at 15, the increase in the gain of Souls from Trans Power should be high enough to soon reach the cap on every Transcension, at which point Borb becomes more and more powerful. In the very late game, when Trans Power without Phandoryss it enough to push the Souls gain to really high levels early on, I may even take points out of it again. But I'll test that when I'm there.
    - Rest in Borb. When the other Outsiders are strong enough to really push the levels and gain of Souls, this one seems to be the strongest to make Transcensions longer and longer, and get further and further. I don't really find him that useful eary on, with low levels on Phandoryss and not much Transcendent Power.
    - 30 in Ponyboy, with quite a few points in it early on. Just pushes Solomon so far, and with many points in it early on you can ascend already at ~110-120 and get so many souls (if you have Solomon) that you're there again in a few minutes.

Just for reference: Currently I'm at 10/10/12/13/25, and if I'd let it run during the day (~12 hours/day or so) and then set the guilds / autoclickers new every hour or so, I could transcend in a week for 12 Ancient Souls.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2017-02-22 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted

Put around 5 Ancient Souls in Xyliqil (For Idle speed up)

Save up 100 rubies. Buy 2 Quick Ascensions. Get Siyalatas (And Libertas if lucky enough, speeds it up a bit more). Keep re-rolling until you get atleast Siyalatas. It'l take around an hour to reach lvl 100 this way if you keep it idle. Buy Solomon next. It'll go really fast again from that point forward.

I personally didn't buy two Quick Ascensions after a Transcendence, but definitely spend 50 Rubies for one. A Quick Ascension gives you 7 Hero Souls if used right after Transcension, which worst case scenario is +70% DPS, but if you're lucky enough to buy Siyalatas, Libertas, or Juggernaut (if you have at least one auto-clicker), it'll help much more. Another huge benefit of Quick Ascension after Transcending is it restores your Mercenaries; you should send them out on Gold missions a while before Transcending and then claim the rewards when needed after Transcending.

Note that the amount of gold received from a mercenary mission is a factor of your DPS, GPS, and current Zone, so don't claim them immediately. Once the going gets slow, claim one, use it to level up your doods a ton, let them get as far as they can and once it gets slow claim the next mission, and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    I personally didn't buy two Quick Ascensions after a Transcendence, but definitely spend 50 Rubies for one. A Quick Ascension gives you 7 Hero Souls if used right after Transcension, which worst case scenario is +70% DPS, but if you're lucky enough to buy Siyalatas, Libertas, or Juggernaut (if you have at least one auto-clicker), it'll help much more. Another huge benefit of Quick Ascension after Transcending is it restores your Mercenaries; you should send them out on Gold missions a while before Transcending and then claim the rewards when needed after Transcending.

Note that the amount of gold received from a mercenary mission is a factor of your DPS, GPS, and current Zone, so don't claim them immediately. Once the going gets slow, claim one, use it to level up your doods a ton, let them get as far as they can and once it gets slow claim the next mission, and so on.
    You are right. Buy 1 Quick Ascension first (It's what I do too). If you're lucky, you can get them all. I haven't been that lucky yet so far.