Thread: Dark Nights

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dark Nights

Were there ever any changes made? I recall hearing some rumbling of darker nights in WoD but judging by the PTR I can't tell if it's darker or not.

Help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayzerx View Post
    Were there ever any changes made? I recall hearing some rumbling of darker nights in WoD but judging by the PTR I can't tell if it's darker or not.

Help me out?
    From the bit of exploring that I have done on Beta, I could see a noticeable difference in Elwynn Forest and Duskwood.

Deleted
    There's a difference, but maybe it's so dark you can't see it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice as taking it away in the first place was pretty damn moronic. FF14 does it the best (softer music track version of the night time, ambient weather sfx/effects for indoors and out, etc) though and now I'm spoiled on it and want a similar look in WoW again.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot zones are updated, but not all so let's hope they are all done before launch
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    There's a difference, but maybe it's so dark you can't see it?
    BAZINGA!

/10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Would be nice as taking it away in the first place was pretty damn moronic. FF14 does it the best (softer music track version of the night time, ambient weather sfx/effects for indoors and out, etc) though and now I'm spoiled on it and want a similar look in WoW again.
    The rain in FFXIV is amazing.

Anyway, I hope the nights get darker because they're underwhelming at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account

Turns out there is a whole video and everything.

Isn't it only a couple zones that are updated and they haven't touched any others since?

Quote Originally Posted by lll View Post
    Isn't it only a couple zones that are updated and they haven't touched any others since?
    "The darker nights that Mumper mentioned recently appeared in a few locations in Beta."

Deleted
    Draenor seems to have dark nights.. at least Spires has.

Its not enough thats for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Draenor seems to have dark nights.. at least Spires has.
    Some places outside of Draenor have dark nights too. I was flying around on the PTR in between STV and Blasted Lands. In the area around ZG, it got positively pitch black. And the sky looks a LOT better no matter where you are. Not all places have dark nights yet, but there has been a lot of improvement. Some zones look awesome, but most at least look better than they do on live.

Thank god they are bringing back dark nights, night time in WoW was extremely comforting and I hated when they made it nearly as bright as day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    Thank god they are bringing back dark nights, night time in WoW was extremely comforting and I hated when they made it nearly as bright as day.
    If it was an "artistic decision" as they say, then they need to fire their artists and hire some who aren't half blind and don't suck.

I hope they add an option to make the game permanently night...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    i enjoy the daytime in WoW. however, without some sort of nighttime, i cant really appreciate the day. having a decent night effect helps make the day feel just as great as the night. going extreme night or extreme day just dulls the feel.

im really looking forward to having actual nights again, both to help enhance the day cycles, and to add some immersion back to the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i enjoy the daytime in WoW. however, without some sort of nighttime, i cant really appreciate the day. having a decent night effect helps make the day feel just as great as the night. going extreme night or extreme day just dulls the feel.

im really looking forward to having actual nights again, both to help enhance the day cycles, and to add some immersion back to the world.
    Good point. Without night, there isn't really "day" either, and it makes the whole landscape feel fake.

They said they would role these out in new zones but I haven't seen anything since. Kind of disappointing, hopefully they can get them in before WoD hits.