Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yea neither am I but I do know that it is not so easy as you want to put it. For example, draw blood and test? Pretty sure they would do that on the actual personnel treating in Africa or US/elsewhere in the western world already let alone air port staff.
    My point is, I find your suggestion to 'stiffen up' the air port security as really nonviable, there is just so much that can be done and it is not much.
    Authorities have to weigh in cost, effectivness, impact on the economy. All this in comparison to a disease which incubation time vary up to 21 days and that is roughly the time that it would take a person to fly commercial flights 10 times around the world which is a hint to how globalized our societies and economy is today.
    They already rub you down and squeeze your asscheeks. Are you saying that any impact or sum of impacts can counterbalance safety and deterring the possibility of an epidemic in the US? Maximum time for sudden onset is not guaranteed nor is 10 absolute as stated earlier. It varies, and thus physical expression is unreliable. Bloodwork is the only way to conclusively analyze patients. SOMETHING needs to be done rather than Obomba "preparing" to BE ready for more safety measures.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    They already rub you down and squeeze your asscheeks. Are you saying that any impact or sum of impacts can counterbalance safety and deterring the possibility of an epidemic in the US? Maximum time for sudden onset is not guaranteed nor is 10 absolute as stated earlier. It varies, and thus physical expression is unreliable. Bloodwork is the only way to conclusively analyze patients. SOMETHING needs to be done rather than Obomba "preparing" to BE ready for more safety measures.
    No I'm not saying that but I am saying that the risk you see is what pretty much every expert no matter western country define as theoretically possible but extremely unlikely so it comes down to the risk vs cost for it. You could stiffen the screening up but it will deal a nutkick to your economy. Pros and cons but I dont want to sit here and sound like what you propse is not the most ideal solution, it is simply as far away from a rational solution posible.

Edit: Have you seen WHO RC MSF proposed such implementations or anything near that(harsher)?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    No I'm not saying that but I am saying that the risk you see is what pretty much every expert no matter western country define as theoretically possible but extremely unlikely so it comes down to the risk vs cost for it. You could stiffen the screening up but it will deal a nutkick to your economy. Pros and cons but I dont want to sit here and sound like what you propse is not the most ideal solution, it is simply as far away from a rational solution posible.

Edit: Have you seen WHO RC MSF proposed such implementations or anything near that(harsher)?
    The WHO/RC/MSF have actually been treating patients, unlike the CDC. It's why I trust them more than the CDC.

When it comes down to it, I agree that it would hurt the economy. But we have to have some semblance of a plan or course of action to dissuade those who have been near Ebola to start traveling. Or at least have state-controlled measures to identify potential cases. I know my solution is not ideal, but hell it's something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    The WHO/RC/MSF have actually been treating patients, unlike the CDC. It's why I trust them more than the CDC.

When it comes down to it, I agree that it would hurt the economy. But we have to have some semblance of a plan or course of action to dissuade those who have been near Ebola to start traveling. Or at least have state-controlled measures to identify potential cases. I know my solution is not ideal, but hell it's something.
    US health care workers are to my knowlege prominent within MSF as well but I wont swear on it.
    There are a ton of US citizens working there at the moment under whatever organisation, more than I can say of my country which just pours money instead of whats needed, hands and training up domestic personnel
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.