Deleted

Is this PC good for WoW

Will this PC be able to sustain high fps at high / ultra graphics??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FX32B-62W-Pr...s=r9+270x+6300

High very likely in most cases, but Ultra not at all especially in BG's, Raids, or areas with lots of characters on screen.

If your demand is large group activities(such as LFR, Raiding 20Mythic), that AMD CPU is holding you back big time.

Inb4 the usual comments about "Build your own PC", I'm just gonna say it right away, just build your own. You save money and can thus get a better PC for the money you spent.

That processor will choke in 25m raiding, large scale PvP and cities, you'll likely see sub 25 FPS in certain situations, even on lower settings. Even the cheapest Intel parts will do remarkably better since WoW is CPU bound and Intel's core IPC is so very far ahead of AMD.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    I am really not looking to build one myself (even though I acknowledge how much better it would be) - my budget is upto £700 ($1100) any suggestions

I build a AMD pc with a10 7850k without a videocard atm - working on getting one, fried out after 4 years xD - and it works fine with WoW. I've tested beta at high settings, not ultra for gpu reason, and it works. If you can build a PC, just order the same thing with it and see if you can save a sterling or 2 since i saw pounds.

i bought an a8 6600 from ebay for about £200 less (similar sort of bundle case/mobo/ram/hdd/dvddrive etc some other extras) it performs about the same as that fx6300, 150fps in the middle of nowhere, 35-45 in flex and about 25-30 in LFR mid fight with the full raid on screen. thats with most of the bells and whistles on high/ultra. like 8xAA, shadows on high, everything at least on high and a couple of things on ultra like particle effects. although i'm only running at 1600x900.

with a budget of about £600 something like this would be better as an example. the i5 seems to be the better option for medium/high gaming. and amd seems to fall into the low/med category. building your own pc can sometimes come out on top, usually the bundles have crappy PSU's for example.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-10-07 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    If you don't want to build your own, at least look for a pc with an i5 4690(k) cpu and gtx760 (R9 280) upwards. 8gig of ram, good 550W psu and having an ssd is a plus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    If you don't want to build your own, at least look for a pc with an i5 4690(k) cpu and gtx760 (R9 280) upwards. 8gig of ram, good 550W psu and having an ssd is a plus.
    so would this be good - http://www.amazon.co.uk/RG35B-8TWX-Q...=5+4690+gtx760

Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    Sure it would be fine if you don't mind spending more.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    Sure, except for the fact that A) You're overpaying. B) The seller just launched and has no reviews. Looks like some random guy building computers out of his house probably. No way of telling the quality of his service. and C) I'm not a fan of the OEMs of the PSU brand inside that case. No idea what PSU it is exactly either. No ram brand either nor wifi card brand name.

Price aside, if the seller came through and the computer runs as advertised, it would run WoW about as good as it gets. How long before something like the PSU craps out is another question of its own.

If you don't mind me asking, why is it that you have no interest in saving money for better performance by building it yourself? Majority of users of go prebuilt get screwed on low quality parts and are usually the first to have issues.

EDIT: There's also no CPU cooler so you couldn't even OC that 4690k if you wanted without purchasing one and basically rebuilding it yourself to put it in. Even more of a waste if you didn't.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-10-07 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    Yes although we can't see what hdd and wifi card, its far better than your first post. I suspect the power supply is going to be crap tho, i'd never reckon an aerocool psu.

For price comparison, i've placed the parts together except different psu/wifi pcie card and aftermarket cpu cooler:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£171.54 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler (£30.14 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£125.20 @ Aria PC)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£61.20 @ Kustom PCs)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£37.50 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II Video Card (£149.71 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case (£51.97 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£46.36 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£10.09 @ CCL Computers)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£69.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N10 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter (£12.57 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £766.27
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-07 13:56 BST+0100

take cpu cooler away its about 100 quid difference, if psu was decent i would say you overpay 15%