10+ Year Old Account

Question Blood DK to Prot Warrior Which should I main for WoD?

So let me give you a little background on my wow career I played a warlock destro; in wrath. I played a Frost/Blood DK in cata, and all through out MoP I played a Blood DK and I consider my self a damn good Blood DK. But its getting boring I feel like my DK has very little...I guess the word is depth?Maybe? I've always been a fan of sword'n board classes. So I ask the warriors here What benefits do you think I can gain by maining my prot warrior over, my Blood DK. And also what are some of the cons of playing Prot over Blood.

Thanks in advance,
    <Damnabledoom>
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

please dont use boring in any question at this point in time.....blizzard has removed half of the warriors buttons and next week you are going to hear people scream about how their class has 3 buttons to push .... its going to be an awesome thing to see in the wow community! Most of the buttons have been removed from all the classes so you are going to have to "redo" your thinking to your dk. It is the same when they took away the talent trees, so many people were in AWE, but i hated it. I love the talent trees and I wish we had a point to spend for ever level. People would have cool trees and different fun versions. Now its cookie cutter just like the rotations will be for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    So let me give you a little background on my wow career I played a warlock destro; in wrath. I played a Frost/Blood DK in cata, and all through out MoP I played a Blood DK and I consider my self a damn good Blood DK. But its getting boring I feel like my DK has very little...I guess the word is depth?Maybe? I've always been a fan of sword'n board classes. So I ask the warriors here What benefits do you think I can gain by maining my prot warrior over, my Blood DK. And also what are some of the cons of playing Prot over Blood.

Thanks in advance,
    <Damnabledoom>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakecanada View Post
    please dont use boring in any question at this point in time.....blizzard has removed half of the warriors buttons and next week you are going to hear people scream about how their class has 3 buttons to push .... its going to be an awesome thing to see in the wow community! Most of the buttons have been removed from all the classes so you are going to have to "redo" your thinking to your dk. It is the same when they took away the talent trees, so many people were in AWE, but i hated it. I love the talent trees and I wish we had a point to spend for ever level. People would have cool trees and different fun versions. Now its cookie cutter just like the rotations will be for all classes.
    So essentially there dumbing down the classes, while they're excuse is "Ability pruning"?
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

So essentially there dumbing down the classes, while they're excuse is "Ability pruning"?
    Exactly.
    There is no more room to "depth" for almost every spec in the game anymore, specially for tanks. And tbh, Blood DK is the most "depth" of all tanks in 6.0, imo.
    Warriors/Monks/Druids/Pallys are all the same: generate resource to spend in your AM button. They are all very forgiving rotation wise, while DK still have some need to "time" your DS, and if you mess your rotation you can put yourself in a bad situation.
    But, they are all easy to play, and I will stick to my warrior (returning from Monk in Mists) because of theme and gameplay: charging everywhere, intervening, leaping, covering all battlefield in seconds is the most appealing gameplay from all tanks, imo.
    Last edited by Diograo; 2014-10-07 at 01:31 PM.
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

Prot warriors on WOD are going to be pretty much the same from MOP. Basically they pruned our raid utilities (RC, Demo Banner and utility shouts from L45 talent row). If you're planning to be a full time tank, then you shouldn't worry about the ability pruning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of, but not really.

The main goal of the ability prune is to allow them to continue to add new abilities in the expansions yet to come. We had too many abilities to really justify adding even more as the game ages.

This change is necessary for the longevity of the game.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

15+ Year Old Account
    isn't it forbidden to ask in the forums which class to play? I think so

You should be a Prot Warrior because I can solo Molten Core as Prot Warrior, And I can't on a Blood DK because I don't have one.