WoD PvP changing main question

Hey guys, I recently was doing my research on WoD and had a few questions for the people who actually had access to the beta since I have not, So at the end of cata start of MoP I stopped playing my Hunter I try to be loyal and choose a main to stick with and continue to play through good and bad after retiring my Hunter after playing him for years I didn't enjoy his gameplay he wasn't viable in RBG's etc, I wanted to play WW Monk after rolling monk Hunters got buffed in WoD and they were needed in RBG's and my Monk was left in the dust. So Im trying to prevent that in WoD who is the most viable in RBG's Raiding arenas, The classes I would like to play are Death Knight, WW Monk, Hunter. Im leaning towards Death Knight how do you guys feel

10+ Year Old Account
    Dk's always will be, and always have been viable in every season. Not to mention most teams pretty much think at least 1 is mandatory for RBG's.
    As for raiding, they've never been bad. Obviously they haven't always been top, changes with each patch, but I'm pretty sure they've never been bad dps or tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisky View Post
    Hey guys, I recently was doing my research on WoD and had a few questions for the people who actually had access to the beta since I have not, So at the end of cata start of MoP I stopped playing my Hunter I try to be loyal and choose a main to stick with and continue to play through good and bad after retiring my Hunter after playing him for years I didn't enjoy his gameplay he wasn't viable in RBG's etc, I wanted to play WW Monk after rolling monk Hunters got buffed in WoD and they were needed in RBG's and my Monk was left in the dust. So Im trying to prevent that in WoD who is the most viable in RBG's Raiding arenas, The classes I would like to play are Death Knight, WW Monk, Hunter. Im leaning towards Death Knight how do you guys feel
    From the classes you have listed and the reasons for playing you stated i would say death knight.
    Its viable for both pvp and pve as both dps and tank. You will probably always have a spot as a dk
    compared to a monk or a hunter (speaking purely Rated bgs).

Arena is a whole other subject where i would say go hunter and never look back.

But.. since you mentioned rated bgs i would suggest dk! Gogo!

Deleted
    Completely off-topic guys but similar question as OP. Would you say mage/lock for pvp in wod? can't decide which to main, which is in a better state as a caster and less fucked against the meleetrain atm?

10+ Year Old Account
    ive played for 2-3 weeks on beta mostly.. being a coward and camping rank on live.

i feel like fire mage is going to shock some people with the multi-target damage it can put out, it does require them to be grouped up a bit but its still pretty nasty. class will suck in 3s but in RGBs it's my dark horse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spardaE View Post
    Completely off-topic guys but similar question as OP. Would you say mage/lock for pvp in wod? can't decide which to main, which is in a better state as a caster and less fucked against the meleetrain atm?
    this depends on the spec you like to play. demo is a top tier class right now, hits like a truck - pretty damn fun too... aff is passable but will get stronger as always with stats.. destro seems iffy on dmg and boring when i tried it.

mages worse overall - arc is king atm for mage specs pvp. frost i think could be ok but right now if feels like a lot actions for low returns - you basically have to mix in a shattered comet storm to surprise anyone with big numbers - without deep this is tricky. fire is fun and somewhere in the middle - but the play style is basically cast scorch to max stack and spam quick FB for pyro procs..it just gets tedious in arena - RGBs it will be good though.

everything gets sh^t on by melee atm.. mages are your best bet i guess.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2014-10-09 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Dk's always will be, and always have been viable in every season
    You didn't really give an explanation for this statement; DKs have had some truly awful seasons where they're flat out worse than other melee. There's no reason to assume that they will always be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidRussian View Post
    You didn't really give an explanation for this statement; DKs have had some truly awful seasons where they're flat out worse than other melee. There's no reason to assume that they will always be viable.
    dks have NEVER been the worst melee spec for pvp, sure they had meh seasons but never the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    dks have NEVER been the worst melee spec for pvp, sure they had meh seasons but never the worst.
    I didn't say they were worse than every other melee. Being better than absolutely terrible classes/specs doesn't make something viable. Outside of like two comps, DK's were awful seasons 10 through 13.

Deleted
    I didn't say they were worse than every other melee. Being better than absolutely terrible classes/specs doesn't make something viable. Outside of like two comps, DK's were awful seasons 10 through 13.
    Don't wanna be that guy, but...yes you did.

DKs have had some truly awful seasons where they're flat out worse than other melee. There's no reason to assume that they will always be viable.
    Can't remember a season where a DK comp hasn't been 2.4k+ viable. With the removal of Necrotic Strike I'd say they're no longer mandatory for RBG's but they're still pretty strong with DG and such where they'll be taken over other classes that bring less utility/damage. So I'd say go DK from what you've asked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scapegoat View Post
    Everything is viable for anything, except ret paladins ofcourse, they're a joke in rated pvp unless you're a god or something.
    Ret is viable. There's quite a few rets over 2200 this season.
    On beta they are looking incredibly good right now so I'm
    Expecting the numbers to increase.

Everything is viable if you have skills.
    Some classes/comps have to work harder
    Than others but that's just how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between being viable for a season and being a rank 1 class. There has never been a season where, if you're a fairly competent player, dk's couldn't get 2.2k-2.4k+ even when they're at their worst state.

In comparison, a non viable example would be say, warriors in season 11. Getting over 2.2k was a massive struggle when running warrior in almost any comp that season. Pretty sure there were less warriors in the 2.2k+ range that season, than rets from any given season, and thats saying something!

Quote Originally Posted by Oogabewga View Post
    Don't wanna be that guy, but...yes you did.
    You not understanding something doesn't change it.