Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Or, you know, if it touches the ground, you could, like, just leave it there. It's not like it's a crime, and I'm pretty sure most people don't give a crap.
    Some of us care.

Anyway, the only time it is appropriate to burn a flag is when it is being retired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BruceKarrde View Post
    Like people before me have answered: The flag is a symbol.
    I would argue that the symbol is part of human tribalism. Not only to distinct yourself from other tribes, but also to unite people. Sports teams, business, gaming communities, certain ideologies, activist groups, all use a symbol one way or the other. May it be a gesture, handshake, flag, icon, a bandana. Showing disrespect for the symbol therefore implies that you care less for that particular group's morals, ideas, way of living, accomplishments.

However I am not sure when the symbolism stops and idolism starts.
    This is a good post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    One of the biggest distributor and manufacturer of US flags is 100% US made. http://www.valleyforgeflag.com/36/10...in_the_USA.htm.
    Hell, just look at the name of the company, Americans are awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    austria here, nope, not normal
    To each their own I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    To each their own I guess.
    i wouldn´t mind if people put up flags... it´s just nothing we do, despite national day, but even then their mostly on state buildings
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally wouldn't burn it if it simply touches the ground. But if it gets in a state of disrepair or is dirtied to the point where it can't be cleaned I will dispose of it properly and with respect.

That's the Marine in me. We have the utmost respect for our countries flag.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Brainwashing at its finest. /slowclap

- - - Updated - - -

What would you do to someone who insulted the flag? If the answer is beating the shit out of them then something is wrong with you. Harming other human beings, your brothers, for a piece of cloth.
    They are not my brothers, my brothers lay in rest in places like Arlington, USS Arizona, on eternal patrol in the Atlantic; they wear OD Green, or Navy Blue.