Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Deleted
    Haven't read all the post here, but I am sure this has been brought up already.

I have only watched the first couple episode, but I am sure other people (who have seen Smallville) must be getting that smallville feel for this show? Hope it takes a turn, as Smallville first seasons got very repetitive very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Also wondering what will happen with killer frost.. She is a villain in the comics so.. Will catlyn go insane? Or will they re-write the character?
    There have been a number of supervillains named Killer Frost over the years. The Caitlin Snow version (from the New 52) was transformed into a heat vampire, which means she needs the warmth of a human's life in order to sustain her. She discovered that Firestorm's powers can temporarily heal her condition, meaning she needs him to be "the fire for her ice." From what I remember reading during the Forever Evil storyline, she wasn't depicted as bat-shit crazy supervillain type, but more of a "I'm so hungry, I need to survive" type who still managed to occasionally not kill people while searching for Firestorm.
    Last edited by Khime; 2015-01-30 at 05:05 PM.

I think it will start picking up in s2. I like a lot of the appearances people make like the prison break Reunion. Ive been a flash fan from since I was a kid. Im waiting for more screen time on Firestorm!

Deleted
    Hey guys, after watching the last episode I have a question with regards to Piper attacking Wells when he is escaping his cell. Wells is lying on the ground because of his temporal disability to run and Piper is facing him. In the next shot, we see Barry running inside the HQ but Wells is sitting on his wheelchair again. Did I miss a scene? What happened between Wells and Piper?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    Hey guys, after watching the last episode I have a question with regards to Piper attacking Wells when he is escaping his cell. Wells is lying on the ground because of his temporal disability to run and Piper is facing him. In the next shot, we see Barry running inside the HQ but Wells is sitting on his wheelchair again. Did I miss a scene? What happened between Wells and Piper?
    It's a mystery. Is Hartley in on more of Wells' secrets that he's let on? Maybe we'll find out next week.

Deleted
    Thanks for the response, I thought we would have gotten a resolution at the end of the episode. Maybe next time then

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    Thanks for the response, I thought we would have gotten a resolution at the end of the episode. Maybe next time then
    I get the feeling that a lot of stuff in this series should be flagged "To Be Explained Later".

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    There have been a number of supervillains named Killer Frost over the years. The Caitlin Snow version (from the New 52) was transformed into a heat vampire, which means she needs the warmth of a human's life in order to sustain her. She discovered that Firestorm's powers can temporarily heal her condition, meaning she needs him to be "the fire for her ice." From what I remember reading during the Forever Evil storyline, she wasn't depicted as bat-shit crazy supervillain type, but more of a "I'm so hungry, I need to survive" type who still managed to occasionally not kill people while searching for Firestorm.
    Well that makes sense... I guess

Deleted
    Hideous actors. Nothing more to say.

Quote Originally Posted by David Coppershield View Post
    Hideous actors. Nothing more to say.
    Well that's a relief.

- - - Updated - - -

Time travel ep coming up

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/02/flash-time-travel-episode-turns-groundhogs-day-0
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Well that's a relief.

- - - Updated - - -

Time travel ep coming up

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/02...oundhogs-day-0
    OMG!!!!!!!!

What is the whole reserves flash thing happens because the ground hog comes out when it is not supposed to? We must stop the ground hogs guys! kill all of them!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Is it really a spoiler that Cisco loses the guy? Did anyone anywhere not see it coming?

- - - Updated - - -

Holy hell, police actually achieved something in a superhero show on their own!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    How did cisco escape the high pitch sound?

So are we ever gonna find out How they feed the prisoners in there, or how they go to the bathroom?

That ending tho :O Finally he shows up
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2015-02-04 at 04:30 PM.

As someone who uses a hearing aid, my guess would be that the battery powering the sound had a short life once activated
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    How did cisco escape the high pitch sound?

So are we ever gonna find out How they feed the prisoners in there, or how they go to the bathroom?

That ending tho :O Finally he shows up
    I'm also wondering about that lol. It seems like they just put them there and never hear from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    When it comes to things like this, I find that I must ultimately fall back on the full form of the MST3K Mantra: "If you're wondering how he eats and breathes / And other science facts / Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a show, / I should really just relax.'"

Like, we've been shown that Barry needs more food to function because of his metabolism when he's speeding... how come he doesn't instantly deplete all of the oxygen in the local area when he's breathing at super speed?

Lalala!

Or, to be less flippant about it, they probably aren't nailing down any of the specifics because it's not yet plot relevant. We'll probably never see them fed until such a time as one of them is able to use feeding time as a means of escape. Or until one of our heroes gets trapped in one by Wells.
    Last edited by Khime; 2015-02-04 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another solid episode. I think that's Flash all over really, every episode is solid, there's very little except picky shit to complain about, but very few episodes really WOW me. I mean the mid season finalé was epic, but the best bits had been predicted months in advance, which lessened the awesome somewhat...

Then you have an episode like this week's... nothing REALLY to complain about (except Pied Piper's pronunciation of Bakuden no Kage ), but there was no part that had me perched on the edge of my seat either... (although the Karaoke scene was pretty hilarious).

That said... #GroddLives.

p.s. Anyone else getting metahuman vibes from Linda Park? I mean I KNOW she doesn't have powers, but something about that "Oh by the way, check out this new app" scene seemed off to me... Either it was her using her strange powers, or a REALLY shit advert for some new app they're plugging
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Another solid episode. I think that's Flash all over really, every episode is solid, there's very little except picky shit to complain about, but very few episodes really WOW me. I mean the mid season finalé was epic, but the best bits had been predicted months in advance, which lessened the awesome somewhat...

Then you have an episode like this week's... nothing REALLY to complain about (except Pied Piper's pronunciation of Bakuden no Kage ), but there was no part that had me perched on the edge of my seat either... (although the Karaoke scene was pretty hilarious).

p.s. Anyone else getting metahuman vibes from Linda Park? I mean I KNOW she doesn't have powers, but something about that "Oh by the way, check out this new app" scene seemed off to me... Either it was her using her strange powers, or a REALLY shit advert for some new app they're plugging
    I believe it was just her way of showing interest in Barry. The drunk Caitlin was interesting to watch with Barry saving her from that evil dress and all xD. Looking forward to next week's episode
    Everyone can piss on the floor. So be a hero, and shit on the ceiling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

I still think Snow/Barry could be a thing, if anything this episode might have confirmed it for me. Like every fucking time Barry is leaving and the scene is ending and she has that "last look" on her face just thinking.

Also the metahuman this time reminded me of the night crawler, or jumper.

Honestly now days, I think everyone on the show has powers.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose