Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    Isn't anyone going to talk about the scene stealer Clock King?
    I didn't feel like the time was right yet
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god who created the outfit for flash, it looks down right terrible :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Cisco.

I actually don't have an issue with it. Seems to hearken back to golden age-style outfits.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

What should they have made the outfit look like? Wally West's "formed-from-the-Speed-Force" look? That would end up with them giving him a CGI costume, and we all remember how well that worked out for Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The question is whether Gideon is searching via Google or Bing.
    Saw some article the other day about robots that patrol Microsoft's campus, mentioned to a friend "it's like MS and Google are in a race to see who can invent skynet first."
    Then saw some MS AI article...
    That was an excellent episode, and they finally teased enough details that I feel like we can make reasonable theories now. I've got one I'm cooking up, but I'm probably going to hold off until after the episode in two weeks because I feel a lot of puzzle pieces will be exposed in that episode.
    I was really waiting for them to comment on Eddie healing quickly, in case he's the Reverse Flash. I assume the electric guy would have sensed Wells super-power-energy if he was, but in either case maybe Reverse Flash doesn't work the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I was really waiting for them to comment on Eddie healing quickly, in case he's the Reverse Flash. I assume the electric guy would have sensed Wells super-power-energy if he was, but in either case maybe Reverse Flash doesn't work the same.
    Yeah, they seemed to almost go out of their way this episode to give us evidence that neither Eddie nor Wells have speed powers. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Wells gave us a list of names of the people who he has hurt, of people who died that night. He obviously mentioned Blackout's dead friends (Jake Davenport and Daria Kim) first, but then he continued with quite the interesting little litany:
    One of the things that sort of bugged me about the setup to the series, is that all meta's were created at the same time by the Event, which is fine. Barry was in a coma while healing/adjusting, which is fine. But, all these other metas seem to have just disappeared for the 10 months between the event and the current day when they pop up to do bad-guy stuff. Certainly some may have been adjusting, physically, but given that none have any sort of healing and were not in any sort of hospital care that we know of, it's just odd.

In any case, the villains we have so far have all been from the "list of casualties" too, haven't they? So any of the others may be drifting in limbo right now.

Random idea I had: Harrison Wells is the Monitor, who is time-traveling to forge the perfect weapon to thwart the Crisis and save the universe. And that list of the others who had died due to Wells weren't just victims of the collider - they were his previous attempts at hero-forging in other alternate timelines that ultimately failed.
    I figure Wells is someone from the future that came back to restore Flash to the timeline because he is needed for that Infinite Crisis, but not because alternate timelines failed without him. I assume Reverse Flash traveled back in time to kill Young Barry, but Future Barry also traveled back in time and saved Young Barry, so RF killed his mom.

I assume in the original timeline before this, Barry becomes Flash somehow, but the death of his mother made that not happen.

So then Wells comes back to correct that. He begins the long campaign to build the Event that creates the Flash. (Perhaps originally, Barry would have gone into physics, but went to criminology due to the crime.)

So, boom, Flash is created. In the future, Reverse Flash sees that the Flash is created again, so he returns to the past, but for whatever reason comes to current time rather than 14 years ago. I also have the theory that he doesn't know who the Flash is when he arrives, and only discovers it recently. (Since I assume it's Eddie)

One of the things that sort of bugged me about the setup to the series, is that all meta's were created at the same time by the Event, which is fine. Barry was in a coma while healing/adjusting, which is fine. But, all these other metas seem to have just disappeared for the 10 months between the event and the current day when they pop up to do bad-guy stuff. Certainly some may have been adjusting, physically, but given that none have any sort of healing and were not in any sort of hospital care that we know of, it's just odd.
    Well, from the first episode, Mardon was active at least a month before Barry woke up, as the robbery he commits in that episode was the third in a month where a freak storm preceded it. Also from the pilot, Joe mentions that there has been a sharp increase in unexplained deaths, and missing people, in the police department's unsolved cases from the past 9 months. It seems likely that a lot of the villain-types have been flying under the radar, their powers allowing their crimes to go into the 'unsolved' bin because nobody could figure out what had happened or who did it. Not until The Flash appeared on the scene did dressing up in spandex and fighting it out in the streets become a thing to do.

But for some of the villains, I agree that it really seems off that we didn't hear about them while Barry was out:
    • Mardon was already active before Barry woke up; his delay in getting started might merely have been spent dealing with his brother's death, realizing he actually had powers, and then learning to control them.
    • Multiplex set out to kill Simon Stagg due to Stagg's actions leading to his wife's death. However, we aren't ever told when that happened. For all we know, Danton Black might've been fired two weeks ago, and could well have been spending his time since the accident applying his new abilities to his research up until he was fired.
    • The Mist is the first one that seems really off. He had a very specific agenda of people he wanted to kill, so I can't see him waiting 9 months to do it. He was executed, and presumably no mention was made of his body dissolving... so it's possible that he was dead and buried/cremated and only just now was able to reform. I could handwave an explanation, but the show should have explained it a bit better.
    • Captain Cold, no explanation needed, the cold gun didn't exist until Cisco invented it and the janitor stole it.
    • Plastique, again, no real explanation needed, she was in the hands of the Army until shortly before she arrives on the show.
    • Girder is the second one that seems off. He's a bully and a show-off, but we don't see him until his yellow Hummer joyride. However, in the show, they mentioned he "dropped off the radar ten months ago," so they at least tried to explain it in-show.
    • Blackout... yeah, he's waited 10 months to come after Wells? Sure, maybe draining the Flash of his powers made him feel strong enough to finally get his revenge, but no unexplained power losses in the past 10 months?

Hopefully, Ronnie's origin episode will explain where he's been for 10+ months, if he's been anywhere.

Girder "dropped off the radar" by falling into a vat of metal (and being presumed dead), but yeah. Maybe there's some unmentioned "assimilation" period, it just seems odd that there wasn't anyone else in medical care. Though, of course, since Wells was specifically looking for Barry, it does explain why he's special in some ways. It'd just be nice to get some mention.

I also thought Plastique was in hiding most of that time rather than in actual military custody, but doesn't matter. It does highlight that they kill off too many metas...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to think that Wells is actually a goodie... I think that the Flash vanishing during the Crisis event (btw, today is actually the first time I read that front page, other than just the headline... It's all nonsense, I was rather upset ), because he wasn't strong enough or fast enough to end the crisis without sacrificing himself.

THEN, Wells, using powers stolen from the Reverse Flash after Barry kicks his ass, travels back in time (but it's a one way trip, because drama) so that he can train up Barry, push him harder, make him faster, so that when the crisis returns again Barry will be strong enough and fast enough to end the crisis WITHOUT having to sacrifice himself.

Picture it, grand finalé of the show, shit is getting real, Barry pushes himself harder than ever before, and manages to save the day, everyone's happy, celebrating... Then BAMN, Wells tells Barry that he's leaving, to travel back in time again so that he can train Barry and make sure he's good enough.

Agreed though, they kill off so many Meta's I feel kinda sorry for Sir Smoke A Lot, he's the only one they've ACTUALLY locked up...
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2014-11-27 at 02:46 AM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

i think its as good as were gonna get for a flash costume. it was never a very good live action translation of a suit
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm starting to think that Wells is actually a goodie... I think that the Flash vanishing during the Crisis event (btw, today is actually the first time I read that front page, other than just the headline... It's all nonsense, I was rather upset ), because he wasn't strong enough or fast enough to end the crisis without sacrificing himself.

THEN, Wells, using powers stolen from the Reverse Flash after Barry kicks his ass, travels back in time (but it's a one way trip, because drama) so that he can train up Barry, push him harder, make him faster, so that when the crisis returns again Barry will be strong enough and fast enough to end the crisis WITHOUT having to sacrifice himself.

Picture it, grand finalé of the show, shit is getting real, Barry pushes himself harder than ever before, and manages to save the day, everyone's happy, celebrating... Then BAMN, Wells tells Barry that he's leaving, to travel back in time again so that he can train Barry and make sure he's good enough.

Agreed though, they kill off so many Meta's I feel kinda sorry for Sir Smoke A Lot, he's the only one they've ACTUALLY locked up...
    Hm didnt flash die when he run into some guy that was keep exploding? He was 0.000001s too slow and he got hit by a wave that killed him.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think its as good as were gonna get for a flash costume. it was never a very good live action translation of a suit
    Actually the show runner has said there will be about three Flash suits this season, so we can (hopefully) expect some improvement as they go along. I'm hoping they made this one look a bit shit, because it's his "Starter" suit, then as he gets a bit better his suit will improve.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    It's always one of those things where they can't really reproduce a comic suit very well. Nothing sticks to skin like the body suits in comics so you get the muscle-costumes. Colors don't show up well in a lot of cases, so you get either cgi or darker hues, meh.

It's not the best costume maybe, but it looks fine to me. It doesn't distract from the action like Superman in Black.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always one of those things where they can't really reproduce a comic suit very well. Nothing sticks to skin like the body suits in comics so you get the muscle-costumes. Colors don't show up well in a lot of cases, so you get either cgi or darker hues, meh.

It's not the best costume maybe, but it looks fine to me. It doesn't distract from the action like Superman in Black.
    All it needs is some color.
    http://nightfallunlimited.com/wp-con...sh-costume.jpg

However in 1 episode the guy says he has spare costumes. (one episode where he gets naked)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Costume will change, for sure, even though I kinda like it.

Just look at Arrow, he murdered people in season 1 and he underwent a complete transformation into season 2 and later. Changed name, new 'headpiece', new bow and more professional tools. It's not just a 1-day transformation and I found it really cool. Hopefully the same happens with Flash.

Deleted
    I am drunk and high... But what if Wells is Barrys son from the future, Bart?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iAnnEr View Post
    Crazy Idea here...what if Wells is just Wells?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnEr View Post
    What if Wells is Barry, disappeared in the future because he traveled back in time?

Girder "dropped off the radar" by falling into a vat of metal (and being presumed dead), but yeah. Maybe there's some unmentioned "assimilation" period, it just seems odd that there wasn't anyone else in medical care. Though, of course, since Wells was specifically looking for Barry, it does explain why he's special in some ways. It'd just be nice to get some mention.
    That's the thing, though; we don't know if anyone else has been in medical care elsewhere in Central City, or in Keystone across the river. Barry got moved to Star Labs for special care specifically because of Wells interest in Barry's future; everyone else was probably left in normal hospital care if they even needed it. And it's not like the police would be talking in the background about random patients in the hospital during precinct scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Crazy Idea here...what if Wells is just Wells?
    Then he'd be a character invented 100% for the show and not one of the character from the comics, which would be disappointing and a cop-out.