Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    It's been vaguely implied but not stated.
    The implication was a bit more than vague - Wells was talking about Tess, then tells Joe that he is "one of the few people I know that truly understands that kind of loss," and then refers to Iris's mother, and how Wells and Joe are "members of a rather exclusive club, I suppose. One who's membership is too expensive."

I don't think when he refers to "loss" he's talking about "your wife left with the mailman" levels of loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    I don't believe the delay will be due to her mourning. Barry is likely the only one who will remember what happened, Cisco will have his visions, but Iris...she will go back to her sisterly mode, not only not mourning Eddie, but never knowing he existed. So poor Barry will have to make due with someone else's advances, since Iris won't remember a thing, including that he's The Flash. Of course this could be partly or completely incorrect.
    If Flash really changed his own history that dramatically, then there's no reason for her to be in sisterly mode, since RF never killed Barry's mother or framed his father (seeing as he never existed), so she would have grown up as the 'girl next door' and his childhood sweetheart, rather than the 'girl down the hall' and his foster sister.

Plus, Eddie's past wasn't changed, so I'm not sure that him being sucked into the wormhole would have erased him from history anyway.

I'm not sure about Iris's memory loss after the events of the finale. But I don't think they're going back on her knowing about flash. They were pretty happy to finally move on from that plot point. Its a Louis and Clark's thing

The Flash | Comic-Con 2015 Q&A: Part 2 | The CW
    Q: Toward the end of the season, we saw Iris beginning to work with the Star Labs team. Will we see more of that in the upcoming season?
    A: Yes! This season is Iris West: Ace Reporter. So she's going to use her smarts to help out Team Flash and kinda take down the metahumans in Central City.
    So I agree, I don't see Iris working with Team Flash and somehow going back to not knowing Barry's secret.

10+ Year Old Account

A small promo for the upcoming season.

Very small. Anyone with more DC Comics knowledge than me recognize the apparent baddies?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The one with the full head mask is Atom Smasher being played by Adam Copeland(Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So we know how they did it, with a really good Green Lantern show that teased the shit out of the character and created him. And as others have said, the movie is something they've been trying to do for ages. So my question is still valid. What does he mean he has no idea how the stuff got greenlit? It's pretty obvious what happened and none of it is against the mould of what DC is doing.
    i have no idea what you're talking about regarding green lantern, arrow isnt allowed to use green lantern.

what im saying is, whenever dc decides to make a movie about someone it basically means those characters can never show up in a live action show while the movie is ongoing (this MOSTLY applies to live action only but there have beenmultiple instances of batman villains being barred from the cartoons like joker was a while back)

examples

suicide squad, harley quinn, amanda waller, katana. all cut after suicide squad

blue beetle, cut from season 2 and replaced with atom

batman and superman and basically the whole justice leaguecan never show up on arrow. diggle was going to be john stewart but theyre making a green lantern corps movie with that character along with every other earth lantern

cyborg isnt allowed on titans

superman cant show up on supergirl ect ect

then, theres the odd man out.

flash movie, flash tv show.

you see what i mean now? every other example of someone getting a movie they get cut or banned from being on tv in live action.

somehow barry not only showed up on arrow but got his own spin off.

which makes things like blue beetle or green lantern not able to show up on arrow even more retarded.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what im saying is, whenever dc decides to make a movie about someone it basically means those characters can never show up in a live action show while the movie is ongoing (this MOSTLY applies to live action only but there have beenmultiple instances of batman villains being barred from the cartoons like joker was a while back)
    The Bat-embargo

Justice League Unlimited would have been even better with some Ra's Al Ghul.

"When it comes to live-action superhero adaptations, there’s a point in the pre-production cycle when a particular movie or series is deemed too crowded by fans who need a reason to complain. The mantra of ‘too many villains’ (or, in the case of Age of Ultron, too many heroes) isn’t one I’ve bought into yet – it all lies in the execution – but when is enough, enough? The problem with getting closer to their comicbook counterparts is that a lot of these adaptations have a tougher time handling bloat, the kind of bloat inherent to comic universes that have been around since World War II. Decades worth of stories resulting in crowded images (like the one above) can be explained away on the page a lot easier than they can on screen, where fans aren’t as familiar with sprawling continuities, and the characters are all still relatively new. The Flash, however, is the rare show that not only sticks to its roots, but makes the growth of its roster feel exciting. Its latest addition? Jesse Quick.

Assuming we don’t see Eobard Thawne again soon, season 2 already has four confirmed speedsters (Barry Allen, Wally West, Jay Garrick, and Professor Zoom) in addition to a potential fifth in the form of Patty Spivot, and Jesse Quick makes six. Quick, whose real name is Jesse Chambers, will be played by relative unknown Violett Beane. Her only credits thus far include two films that haven’t been released yet, Flay and Slash, making for a really neat IMDb page when you put The Flash alongside them. The public hasn’t seen her work yet, but she’s slated to appear in “multiple episodes” according to TVLine, so the folks at The CW must really like her.It would seem like a waste to include a known speedster/Teen Titan/Justice League member and then not have her become a superhero, so even if she doesn’t put on a suit and start running around from the get-go, it’s bound to happen sooner or later. Cisco and Caitlin aren’t too far off from becoming Vibe and Killer Frost (Caitlin’s last name is SNOW for God’s sake), but what’s really interesting about the inclusion of Jesse Quick is her place in the DC pantheon.

Much like Wally West, Jesse is a legacy character, having also taken on the mantle of Golden-Age heroine Liberty Belle at one point. Not only that, she’s the daughter of the original Liberty Belle, Libby Lawrence, and of Golden Age hero Johnny Quick/Johnny Chambers. Both Johnny and Libby made their comicbook debuts not long after the original Flash, Jay Garrick, and it’ll be interesting to see how the show approaches her lineage should it choose to. Like Garrick, she could very well end up being character from Earth-2, an alternate universe we know nothing about yet, so perhaps her inclusion on the show hints at a much longer history of the superheroes of this world. Wouldn’t that be something?"

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/08/...ampaign=buffer

- - - Updated - - -

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I wonder if we're going to end up with Arrow-style flashbacks to the Garrick era.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    So these new speedsters, more so wally and this jesse, how did they get their powers?

Not really clued up on DC

We'll kind of have to wait and see how they do it on the show, but in the comics Wally has a similar accident as Barry did and Jesse's father came up with an equation to tap into the speed force.

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    So these new speedsters, more so wally and this jesse, how did they get their powers?

Not really clued up on DC
    In the show, you mean? To be determined.

In the comics? It's changed overt the years, but it generally boils down to being able to tap into the Speed Force via some means. For Jesse Quick, her speed results from the state of mind achieved from the visualization of the speed-formula: 3X2(9YZ)4A, which allows her to access the Speed Force.

wait...what's with the blue trailings instead of the usual gold?

See for yourself

http://geektyrant.com/news/the-flash...season-2-promo

Tony Todd to do Zoom's voice in Season 2:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-...in-1201581891/

“Last year, with the Reverse-Flash, we just modulated Tom Cavanagh’s voice, and this year we wanted to do something a little bit different,” executive producerAndrew Kreisberg tells Variety. “Part of the mystery of the season is who or what is underneath the Zoom outfit, and so we wanted to do something like James Earl Jones as Darth Vader — this iconic voice coming out of this mask. Last year, we thought of the Reverse-Flash as a speed warrior; this year, Zoom is like a speed demon, and no one does demon-voice better than Tony Todd.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    wait...what's with the blue trailings instead of the usual gold?

See for yourself

http://geektyrant.com/news/the-flash...season-2-promo

Blue Lantern Corps?

10+ Year Old Account
    So wait... Tony Todd is just the VOICE for zoom and it'll be someone else under the mask? Awww...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Is anyone watching Vixens? Should I bother?

They're only 5-6 min, so not really a waste of time to check them out, nothing has really happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    They're only 5-6 min, so not really a waste of time to check them out, nothing has really happened yet.
    oh ok, I thought they were going to be like 20 minute episodes. I'll definitely watch them then.