Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Surprised this wasn't already posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVOR9D8FRbQ

Little teaser of what to expect in the coming season or at least first few shows

"I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    amg first flash

I find myself kinda disappointed with the season 2 premiere. The villain-of-the-week subplot and its resolution felt very weak, and too easily resolved; I do realize the whole point of it was to introduce the season 2 villain, though. Plus they killed him off, along with his Earth-1 counterpart (who was already mentioned as having died during the particle accelerator explosion, guess that was retcon'd), meaning they've killed off this guy 3 times now.. A lot of it felt rushed (ha ha), trying to cram too much exposition into a single episode, so many things were basically over with before they began, while at the same time not really getting into the meat of this season's story arc until the last few minutes, so it also felt slow.

was a nice follow through to the previous season finale, and kinda felt it may have fit better in Season 1, it needed two episodes, cos the most interesting thing was at the very end, and that should have been the last episode of season 1, with next week's episode the premier.

didn't like Barry's dad going away either, doesn't make sense, he's only a danger to flash if the villains actually know Flash if Barry, and as he cares about all the team, why is his dad more liability than his girl? it makes little sense for him to go away, him staying would be an inspiration to Barry, to help others more, keep the city safe and actually make him happier, i mean give the guy a break, he's been waiting for this his whole life, and then you up and leave? i didn't like that .

In other news, who are they going to replace Eddie, Ronnie and Wells with this time? I always welcome new faces.. also when is Barry going to develop into the brainy scientist he is also supposed to be? I don't like how they tend to leave a lot of brain out of the super heroes who are supposed to be quite spart too, Superman is supposed to be highly intelligent yet all we see is him being courageous good but all the bright innovations tend to come from was it Chloe in smallville. Same with Batman, who's more often shown killing bad guys than being brainy. You need to show both quite well

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    didn't like Barry's dad going away either, doesn't make sense, he's only a danger to flash if the villains actually know Flash if Barry, and as he cares about all the team, why is his dad more liability than his girl? it makes little sense for him to go away, him staying would be an inspiration to Barry, to help others more, keep the city safe and actually make him happier, i mean give the guy a break, he's been waiting for this his whole life, and then you up and leave? i didn't like that .
    Barry's dad left because him staying would have been a liability to the Flash's personal growth, not to his safety. Barry would spend all of his time trying to make up for the past 14 years, rather than moving "forward" and being a better Flash. Plus it's not like Henry's role on the show has changed - he'll probably still be talking to Barry on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    In other news, who are they going to replace Eddie, Ronnie and Wells with this time? I always welcome new faces.. also when is Barry going to develop into the brainy scientist he is also supposed to be? I don't like how they tend to leave a lot of brain out of the super heroes who are supposed to be quite spart too, Superman is supposed to be highly intelligent yet all we see is him being courageous good but all the bright innovations tend to come from was it Chloe in smallville. Same with Batman, who's more often shown killing bad guys than being brainy. You need to show both quite well
    Eddie is being replaced by Patty Spivot (Joe's new partner), we've seen in some released footage that someone else is joining the Firestorm matrix (Jason Rusch, most likely), and Wells' role at S.T.A.R. Labs looks like it's being filled by Professor Stein now.

As soon as i saw the bad guy he looked just like The Persuader, but it wasn't him. Same body armor style with the helmet.

In the promo they kept showing Barry with blue lighting, wonder how he gets it.

lol did they straight up kill off ronnie in the first 10 minutes? guess that rumour of amells family getting fired was true, shouldnt have been a greedy shit
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I was kind of unhappy with that, overall. Spoilers for details, of course;

1> You can't have a season-ending cliffhanger like "world-eating black hole" and then resolve it with "Flash runs in circles and Firestorm goes boom". Just felt like they wanted to get rid of it to get on with things, which means they should never have introduced it in the first place.

2> His dad getting free and then immediately leaving is basically the writing team not wanting to deal with his character any more, rather than character progression. Now Barry doesn't have to be upset that his dad's in jail, but he spent all last season trying to pull that off, and this just seemed cheap. This could've been the season finale. End on that happy note, then have the season open with him leaving.

3> Atom Smasher was wildly unimpressive, and they never really explained how "growing big" translated to being able to punch Barry perfectly every time. Felt like a filler character, not story progression, which isn't good when you've only got a dozen shows a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

1> You can't have a season-ending cliffhanger like "world-eating black hole" and then resolve it with "Flash runs in circles and Firestorm goes boom". Just felt like they wanted to get rid of it to get on with things, which means they should never have introduced it in the first place.

2> His dad getting free and then immediately leaving is basically the writing team not wanting to deal with his character any more, rather than character progression. Now Barry doesn't have to be upset that his dad's in jail, but he spent all last season trying to pull that off, and this just seemed cheap. This could've been the season finale. End on that happy note, then have the season open with him leaving.

3> Atom Smasher was wildly unimpressive, and they never really explained how "growing big" translated to being able to punch Barry perfectly every time. Felt like a filler character, not story progression, which isn't good when you've only got a dozen shows a season.
    feel like black hole was just a plot device to bring in earth 1 heroes and villains like jay garrick and zoom and a way to kill off ronnie due to monetary disputes (if the rumours are true after the duff did well he demanded more money now that hes a "movie star" and they called his bluff)
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I don't think Ronnie is dead. He'll be gone for a while, sure, but when the time is right we'll find out that he went through the portal into Earth-2 and eventually we'll get him back into our world. His replacement in Legends of Tomorrow would be temporary and wouldn't give anything away as we haven't even seen the footage past first episode or so. It's probably going to happen in Season 2 finale, can't be the mid-season finale (unless it's post credits reveal for the viewers only) because then he would be back in time for Legends and we know he's not in it.
    Overall, a decent start to the season. Was disappointed by some things that have happened, but if Season 1 has taught me anything it's to trust the writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to see how they are going to incorporate Harrison Wells back into the show. (Tom Cavanagh or whatever the actors name is, is still included as a series regular).
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I don't think Ronnie is dead. He'll be gone for a while, sure, but when the time is right we'll find out that he went through the portal into Earth-2 and eventually we'll get him back into our world. His replacement in Legends of Tomorrow would be temporary and wouldn't give anything away as we haven't even seen the footage past first episode or so. It's probably going to happen in Season 2 finale, can't be the mid-season finale (unless it's post credits reveal for the viewers only) because then he would be back in time for Legends and we know he's not in it.
    Overall, a decent start to the season. Was disappointed by some things that have happened, but if Season 1 has taught me anything it's to trust the writers.
    I just dont see any reason to bring back ronnie.

they cut almost all of his scenes from season 2 to the point he only had what? 2 flame on scenes all season? then they kill him off with no fan fare or really any impact other than snow lookin a bit sad in a scene or two (not to mention they had her crushing on barry pretty hard)

im pretty sure ronnie is gone. and im pretty sure his leaving has nothing to do with the story and has everything to do with external stuff due to how the actor was behaving.

otherwise why kill him off in the first place before he even does anything cool? why even bring in a whole different dude and make THAT DUDE a main character of a big spin off show?

makes no sense if they plan on bringing ronnie back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I wanted to see how they are going to incorporate Harrison Wells back into the show. (Tom Cavanagh or whatever the actors name is, is still included as a series regular).
    we find out reverse flash spent many years on an island in asia

Henry going away is such a writing failure.
    The singularity thingy was meh.
    At the end I thought Zoom just came to say hi Which brings the question, is Eobard Thawne Zoom? And if he calculated the possibility of failing, what did he do about it? I'm sure he had some backup plan, which the guy who came to Barry is gonna put in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    As soon as i saw the bad guy he looked just like The Persuader, but it wasn't him. Same body armor style with the helmet.

In the promo they kept showing Barry with blue lighting, wonder how he gets it.
    you see, i don't watch promos, everything they do in these shows is totally new to me, i much prefer that, it's so much better too, promos spoil things, i know i'm goin g t o watch it anyway, i don't need the promo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

totally agreed, it's kinda how i felt, overall it felt like a season 1 closer rather than an opener. and while it is always nice to watch the flash, i have to say i've enjoyed other shows premiers a lot more, including Heroes, MARVEL, Quantico, NCIS New orleans, Blindspot and a few others that are definitely on my to watch list

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I just dont see any reason to bring back ronnie.

they cut almost all of his scenes from season 2 to the point he only had what? 2 flame on scenes all season? then they kill him off with no fan fare or really any impact other than snow lookin a bit sad in a scene or two (not to mention they had her crushing on barry pretty hard)

im pretty sure ronnie is gone. and im pretty sure his leaving has nothing to do with the story and has everything to do with external stuff due to how the actor was behaving.

otherwise why kill him off in the first place before he even does anything cool? why even bring in a whole different dude and make THAT DUDE a main character of a big spin off show?

makes no sense if they plan on bringing ronnie back.
    the actor went from being the lead in The Tomorrow People, to support role, and been in a movie too, that was successful, I kinda feel it for him, Flash was a step down, it had to be something temporary till he got himself a main gig again.. remember tomorrow people?

I watched that, it kinda felt like Jumper, overall i think they could have done a lot more with it, they tried to make it a bit like Nikita meets x-men, and very teeny, it needed to be brighter, theme un-necesarily heavy for such young heroes, a bit depressing,

i thought it was cool in many parts, but not enough. His co-star is now a regular in S.H.O.E.:.D season 2, and good for him, sticking it out until he got a regular role offer, kept his head down, and now he is in a show that defintiely has movie connections, even though i' a little surprise no one from the show ever shows up in the MARVEL movies so far, i mean coulson, yes, but that was before the show started. And Samuel L Jackson refused to do the show, he still wants a SHIELD movie

Deleted
    Arrow is the frowny-face soap opera. Flash is the rated G for all audiences kids' series. Gotham is dark and broody and takes itself a bit too seriously. Agents is delightfully witty, yet has actors like Iain De Caestecker who manage to bring forth some true emotion every now and then, and it's tiny saving grace is a nominal tie in to the MCU. Daredevil managed to be pretty decent. No idea about the new ones yet.

A lot of what bothers me with the DC series, as well as Daredevil to some extent, is the inexplicable "city universe", meaning all exposition is delivered in a framework of "this city", and all that bla bla bla. Like anyone really cares about one tiny flyshit spec of a city on an entire planet. At least in Arrow and Flash they have two cities, so that opens the scope of their existence up a tiny bit. So what, Arrow, if you "failed this city"? Just go to the next city and try again. And who cares, if someone "rules Gotham!" Just surround Gotham with the national guard and bomb it to the stone age if the bad guys in there don't give up. Also, guess what Daredevil, there's a lot more to New York than goddamn Hell's Kitchen.

But yeah, meh... The Prison Break Brothers in the first episode of this season in Flash were just so horrendous that I just couldn't take it. Going from a hit series like Prison Break to delivering lines like "...yeah! TO DIE!" Oh god. It's like it's deliberately aimed at 12-year olds.

As said, who knows what the upcoming series will bring, but the way Arrow, Flash and Gotham have been, I for am holding no hope for a great DC series any time soon.

Also... The costumes in Arrow and Flash... I'm half expecting these guys to pop out at some point:

But I guess you have to have merchandising. Have to sell those action figures.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2015-10-07 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Henry going away is such a writing failure.
    I see it more of a episode cost failing; making Henry a permanent member of the team would cost $$, and he wouldn't really have all that much to do.

I kinda feel bad for non-comic book nerds/people who don't follow shows during the offseason. I imagine this is what their response was to the dramatic "Zoom" and "Jay Garrick" reveals:

http://media.giphy.com/media/tKLq9YGlFGPxm/giphy.gif
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I see it more of a episode cost failing; making Henry a permanent member of the team would cost $$, and he wouldn't really have all that much to do.

I kinda feel bad for non-comic book nerds/people who don't follow shows during the offseason. I imagine this is what their response was to the dramatic "Zoom" and "Jay Garrick" reveals:

http://media.giphy.com/media/tKLq9YGlFGPxm/giphy.gif
    that's why I don't like reading forums, i had no idea about these developments and now all of a sudden they are giving insights to the season ahead, do i need to watch them? or shoudd i wait till midway through the season to check it out.