Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Good riddance.

Deleted
    Is that new bliz tool cross-realm? They never said. On official notes.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Is that new bliz tool cross-realm? They never said. On official notes.
    The answer is yes.

Deleted
    Playing on a german realm will limit me to german only groups with blizzards new tool...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    If you have ElvUI, then you need to check out ElvUI Shadow & Light. Enable Armory Mode. Now that is brilliant.
    nope, no uglieness like elvui is used here

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    RIP Oqueue. You belong with the legends like DBM, Recount, Skada, Xperl, and Battleground Targets
    SOrry that DOUCHE clearly does NOT belong in that legue at ALL. first his bad attitude and most of all his ugly and overbloated code.

Quote Originally Posted by Limp0r View Post
    Playing on a german realm will limit me to german only groups with blizzards new tool...
    can you link a source for that cause that would really suck.
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2014-10-12 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twerking As Intended View Post
    http://solidice.com/forums/12/topic/...te-oqueue-v205

"It's been a crazy 2.5 years and we really appreciate the support everyone has shown. Now that blizzard will be embedding oQueue's core functionality into the game, and disabling a key function utilized by oQueue, oQueue should cease to function as of 6.0."

Big thanks to Tinystomper for maintaining one of the most significant addons in WoW's recent history. There have been ups and downs but oQueue provided many raiding and PvP opportunities that would not have been available otherwise.
    A big thank you, I ve used your add-on many times and loved the option that shows gems and enchants( I'm glad this is staying).
    Thanks to all of the Solid ice team.

Deleted
    finally! updating oqueue 2-4 times a week almost drove me insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    finally! updating oqueue 2-4 times a week almost drove me insane.
    This and RIP headphones users with that stupid sound it would play when it was out of date every few days. Before it started playing those sounds it would /hail everyone around you repeatedly.

The groups on there were often bad, it was basically just like Blizzard's LFG tool.

OpenRaid was alot more useful, especially before it became popular and everyone started using it.

Deleted
    yay!! no more playing with russians!!

Funny how a part time DJ/rapper in his 20's was able to make a better raid finder tool then Blizzard ever has in 5+ years.

RIP Oqueue. You belong with the legends like DBM, Recount, Skada, Xperl, and Battleground Targets
    oQueue is not the first addon to inspire blizzard to bake in their core functionality.
    It would be IMO more accurate to describe oQueue as showing blizzard where there was room for improvement.
    Look at the equipment manager, the action bars on the right-hand side of the screen, the bag searching/filtering.
    There are a LOT of default features inspired by addons.

Whatever the opinions may be on how well it worked or not, and the regular updates.
    It prompted a major rethink of in-game tools for forming groups.
    And that is something we should thank the author for.
    They left the game in a better state.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-10-13 at 05:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I didn't use it much, being on the most populated Horde PvP server didn't warrant much use from us but I did use it a few times for alts on other realms -- finally stopped using it when there were forced updates every other day.

Interesting. I think I played before oqueue existed. I wrote my own addon to create groups that worked incredibly well. I never shared it with a soul however. I think mine was way better.

Thank you to Tiny for developing and maintaining oQueue. Without it, I would have quit the game in Cataclysm. I was lucky enough to be in some of the first oQueue groups back when we were trying to set the AV ragequit tears records. Good times for all, before it was up on Curse and while the people that used it were cool and before the dregs of the WoW community got their hands on it. I even got one of my suggestions put into the addon, though I don't know if it's still there because I haven't PvP'd in a while.

To all the people who like to insult the addon for being buggy or updated too often, I didn't see you doing any better. I didn't even see Blizzard doing any better themselves. And trust me, after using their new group finder tool, you'll be wishing for oQueue back. It's that bad. oQueue had listed hundreds and hundreds of groups you could pick from. The Blizzard tool lets you choose from what, 20? And you should be glad it was updated often. I'm so sorry you had to take 2 minutes out of your day to download an update and reload your UI. Boo frickin' hoo.

oQueue is definitely in the pantheon of WoW addons along with DBM and Recount. It improved the game tenfold for all who used it, and it made playing on a backwater server bearable. It was pretty much a required addon if you were on a low pop server.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    To all the people who like to insult the addon for being buggy or updated too often, I didn't see you doing any better.
    You don't need to be developing a competitor to point out the flaws in a product. Anyone with a basic grasp of LUA could tell you the code atrocious. Add in the developer's poor attitude and no wonder people were annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    To all the people who like to insult the addon for being buggy or updated too often, I didn't see you doing any better. I didn't even see Blizzard doing any better themselves. And trust me, after using their new group finder tool, you'll be wishing for oQueue back. It's that bad. oQueue had listed hundreds and hundreds of groups you could pick from. The Blizzard tool lets you choose from what, 20? And you should be glad it was updated often. I'm so sorry you had to take 2 minutes out of your day to download an update and reload your UI. Boo frickin' hoo.

oQueue is definitely in the pantheon of WoW addons along with DBM and Recount. It improved the game tenfold for all who used it, and it made playing on a backwater server bearable. It was pretty much a required addon if you were on a low pop server.
    Get out. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by semlar View Post
    Oh yeah, there's no question that OQ was extremely bloated and poorly written, but it's a fantastic proof that none of that matters when it's the only option around and there's no room for any competition.

People will put up with an amazing amount of annoying, unrelated features to get what they want.
    I tried to use it a few times - it was pretty @#$#@# but it worked...sometimes. Looking forward to something more reliable and user friendly from Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yeah, sometimes I really ask myself what the fuck the devs get paid for
    Maintaining a very basic UI that allows players to function (at a low level, mind) without having to resort to third party addons, while ensuring that third party developers have a stable platform on which to base their addons.

Blizzard has always been pretty conservative about what they added to the core UI. And why wouldn't they be, when there's a metric f***ton of third party addons available to cater for players needs, whatever they may be?

The highest honor an addon can receive is being incorporated in some way into the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    You don't need to be developing a competitor to point out the flaws in a product. Anyone with a basic grasp of LUA could tell you the code atrocious. Add in the developer's poor attitude and no wonder people were annoyed.
    Tiny never had a poor attitude for constructive criticism. When oQueue was young, plenty of people, both with and without any LUA knowledge, offered suggestions and feedback and many things that people suggested made it in the addon. The problem came in after it went mainstream as a result of being uploaded onto curse, where all of a sudden lots of people hiding behind internet anonymity just point out faults in their typical internet uncouth rude manner. Then when he decides to be dismissive of those people, then you get self-important forum heroes like Snowfox who will take any opportunity to insult the addon and the author for very little substance in reasoning.

The fact of the matter is that oQueue made the game exponentially better for a whole heck of a ton more people than it made the game worse for. The fact that it had bugs and didn't have the best user interface in the world were minor inconveniences at worst, and were well worth being able to find groups to actually be able to do stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Get out. /10char
    somad. umad? hemad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how a part time DJ/rapper in his 20's was able to make a better raid finder tool then Blizzard ever has in 5+ years.
    the creator really should get recognised somewhere in game, maybe a statue.
    Hi