Leveling as Fury in WOD

I've been away for years and just getting caught back up on things. Can I assume that fury remains incredibly gear dependent, and as such that leveling to 100 in WOD as smf fury with Timeless Isle gear (ilvl 505) would be a crappy experience? Would the standard process still be to lvl/gear up with arms, then switch over to fury after some threshold point is reached? Thanks for any insight.

The gear dependence was reduced when they changed Bloodthirst from 2x crit chance to +30% crit. This was a buff for anyone under 30%ish buffed crit chance (which 505 would definitely fall under). I can't give you exact numbers, but early Fury might be more enjoyable, especially if you take the Sudden Death talent in my opinion.

I still find it funny that, if you chose Fury at level 10, you can't spend any rage (sans Execute) until level 18 when you get Wild Strike since Bloodthirst replaces Heroic Strike.
    Last edited by Zederren; 2014-10-08 at 03:32 PM.

Hit and Expertise are no more so that's a plus for fury "gear dependence" (which is not the case anymore).
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

You can level pretty easily as Fury. I think Arms is still slightly stronger, due to not needing a second weapon (assuming you don't have heirlooms); but the crit/hit/exp changes make it much easier.
    Also, Unquenchable Thirst is pretty good for leveling, always gives you buttons to press.

Arms suffers whenever you can't charge and open combat with no rage, Fury does not.

Many thanks for the replies!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the main issue right now is that Arms will be boring as shit to level up on in WoD. I'm going to level up as Fury for the first time ever on my 9 year old Warrior simply because the rotation of Arms are dull (to put it nicely).

Wish they gave us Glad stance at 90 so I could grind to 100 as a Glad Prot War... Oh well.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I think the main issue right now is that Arms will be boring as shit to level up on in WoD. I'm going to level up as Fury for the first time ever on my 9 year old Warrior simply because the rotation of Arms are dull (to put it nicely).

Wish they gave us Glad stance at 90 so I could grind to 100 as a Glad Prot War... Oh well.

Agreed. For me it is simply the question of what is the most fun spec I can level with in order to get me to lvl 100 and Glad stance.