About wheather or not I should look for a PhD.

I know it's weird that I'm asking it on mmo-c but it feels more friendly than other forums, plus it has a large user pool, where some may be the appropriate people to discuss it with.

I'm nearly done with my Bachelors Degree in biology, I've started writing my thesis so I guess I will have graduated by mid-end November, hence I've started to look where to apply for postgraduate studies.

Of course one might say that I started looking rather late, but that is so because I had already decided where to apply. I had decided to study at Masters level, preferably in Europe, starting in Autumn '15.

During my undergraduate studies I took the course of bioinformatics which I liked a lot and decided that this is the field of study that I want to continue with. After that, I started doing my thesis which was actually to build a database for fungi; my work had little to do with biology, my job was like I was an IT guy.
I liked programming so much, that I wish I had studied programming rather than biology.

To this point I talked to a friend who is doing his PhD in germany and he said that I don't need to do a masters, I could go straight away for a PhD cause doing a thesis for bachelor makes it count as a masters.

The question is, should I go for a PhD if I don't know wheather I'm gonna like it or not?