Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb Double gathering professions since no bonuses in wod?

It seems to me that with profession bonuses being eliminated it would benefit someone to have say mining and herbalism on their main character while using alas for all of their crafting professions. Would there be any downside to this? I'm not in the beta nor do I know everything about the expansion, so feel free to comment with anything you feel would be relevant.

Methinks the way you phrased your OP shows that there's just a bit of a misunderstanding. Professions have bonuses. The bonuses that were eliminated were those that specifically tied to their direct combat bonuses-i.e. synapse springs, unique-to-themselves jc gems, unique-to-themselves blacksmithing sockets, etc.
    Last edited by medievalman1; 2014-10-08 at 11:03 PM.

Yeah, what medievalman1 stated. Ie. engineering soulbound gun, and goggles.

So no.
    Destruction!

Okay so engineering has soulbound gadgets, what do other professions have that's only available to the character using them? I can't really see anything else. The engineering goggles are listed as bind on equip, as are all of the items made by blacksmithing and jewelcrafting.
    Last edited by Briq; 2014-10-08 at 11:35 PM.

If I recall only Engi has soulbound gear (could be wrong on this) - goggles / gun. I'd drop crafting profs on my other toons but they already have maxed crafting so I'm leaving them as is. I've got 3 that have mining, skinning & herbalism and plan to level those in tandem with my main so I'll have some extra gathering materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Briq View Post
    It seems to me that with profession bonuses being eliminated it would benefit someone to have say mining and herbalism on their main character while using alas for all of their crafting professions. Would there be any downside to this? I'm not in the beta nor do I know everything about the expansion, so feel free to comment with anything you feel would be relevant.
    Double gathering profession is a mistake simply because with the limits on crafting you can fuel most professions with just your garrison.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Double gathering profession is a mistake simply because with the limits on crafting you can fuel most professions with just your garrison.
    What limits are you referring to? More mats means more of whatever crafting profession you have means more gold from selling things on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Briq View Post
    What limits are you referring to? More mats means more of whatever crafting profession you have means more gold from selling things on the AH.
    since as you said yourself you have no clue what your talking about i suggest you spend some time researching instead

try http://wod.wowhead.com/guide=2327/wa...sions-overview

Garrisons maybe sufficient to supplement your own profession but will it yield as much as a pure gathering prof? What if the intention is to sell the items on the AH? I understand some people will still be lazy and want to purchase mats as well as skip the wait times.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordreinhart View Post
    Yeah, what medievalman1 stated. Ie. engineering soulbound gun, and goggles.

So no.
    So what incentive is there to take a non-gathering profession for more than 4 weeks?
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it changed since I last looked, engineering Goggles and Gun are BOE.

at this point there's no reason, outside of "i wanna sell stuff I made" to taking crafting professions.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Unless it changed since I last looked, engineering Goggles and Gun are BOE.

at this point there's no reason, outside of "i wanna sell stuff I made" to taking crafting professions.
    Well, that's what I had first suspected. If this remains true then I will probably stick to gathering on my other guys just for extra money.

Keeping Engineering b/c well, ... Jeeves. Not sure about my enchanting though. If I keep it I could pretty much put alchemy and JC on garrison and never need the AH or an alt for that matter.

I'm thinking I'm going to just keep things as is. We don't know if profs will be like this the next expac, and I'm not seeing mining/herbing being all that profitable with garrisons being there, especially with the amount of people switching to them.

yes, please drop all your crafting professions for gathering only.

less crafting people = price goes up for makes
    more gathering = price goes down for raw mats

Can we level crafting professions with just WoD mats? If so this makes things a whole lot simpler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Keeping Engineering b/c well, ... Jeeves

Isn't there a sellable Jeeves in WoD? I'm sure I saw 1

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Garrisons maybe sufficient to supplement your own profession but will it yield as much as a pure gathering prof? What if the intention is to sell the items on the AH? I understand some people will still be lazy and want to purchase mats as well as skip the wait times.
    You get the exact same reply as Briq.
    Do some research and you will see why I make the statements I do.
    The amount of raw mats you can acquire has no bearing on how much items you can produce (past the first 50 herbs/ore which you can get from the farm/mine)

It looks like there are going to be a lot of surprised and outraged crafters when WoD hits. There is a hard limit on most items you can craft per day, and if the current supply of mats a garrison creates every day hits live herbs and ore will be vendored.

Oh, and one world boss drops i665 rings, legs and boots-

http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=87493

So no need to craft those either.

The amount of raw mats you can acquire has no bearing on how much items you can produce (past the first 50 herbs/ore which you can get from the farm/mine)
    Not sure why you're quoting me when I didn't direct any questions at you.

Stop repeating this. Yes there is a limit on crafting, but if you're someone with two gathering profs, then your aim will be to sell all on the AH. With the constant work orders, and crafts, ore, herbs, and Leather will be in high demand, especially at first.