Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Which exclusives?
    Engineering goggles are BoE(so is all other crafted gear), people can buy jeeves/mailbox alternatives for less than 2 gold, gliders will be tradeable consumables
    I can't see ANYTHING at all that requires the profession that crafted it.

- - - Updated - - -

And now all you need is a friend with enchanter building in garrison and you can disenchant on all your characters without even leveling enchanting.
    Not sure about needing a profession for certain items, but the fact remains you need a profession to craft the best shit. JC for best gems, Alchemy for best Flasks, Armour professions for the upgrading items, Enchanting for Weapon enchants... etc. That's where some of the value will come from. There will be ways to make money.

Engi goggles might be boe but they still require Engineering level 600 to equip. Thus they're not really BoE as anyone with Engi will probably go through the trouble to make them except in very rare circumstances.

The real bonus with engineering looks to be the selling of exclusive pets over the course of the expansion. Which is a good niche market!

The biggest money maker to me looks to be the BoE upgrade items for the crafted gear which only people with the building and the profession can make. Anyone with the building can craft the normal level 1 stuff. Though only through the items the people with the professions make will they get their level 3 ilvl 655 epics. Predicting these going for large money the first few weeks. Though they require savage blood. That stuff might be better just sold off if it's possible since it will be the most sought after material come WoD.
    Last edited by Ultramad; 2014-10-12 at 08:59 PM.

I'm surprised that more people haven't figured out that the amount of ore/herbs you get from your garrison in beta is VASTLY inflated compared to what it will be on live. With the absence of a well-stocked AH they inflated ore/herb production from garrisons to make sure everybody has enough mats for testing purposes. You're not going to be able able to supply all of your character's needs from a garrison, not even close.

Those smart enough to realize this and stick with gathering are going to cash in big time at the start of WoD.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2014-10-13 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    I'm surprised that more people haven't figured out that the amount of ore/herbs you get from your garrison in beta is VASTLY inflated compared to what it will be on live. With the absence of a well-stocked AH they inflated ore/herb production from garrisons to make sure everybody has enough mats for testing purposes. You're not going to be able able to supply all of your character's needs from a garrison, not even close.

Those smart enough to realize this and stick with gathering are going to cash in big time at the start of WoD.
    I eagerly await your recent blue post source on this.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You get the exact same reply as Briq.
    Do some research and you will see why I make the statements I do.
    The amount of raw mats you can acquire has no bearing on how much items you can produce (past the first 50 herbs/ore which you can get from the farm/mine)
    This is a forum designed for asking questions for professions. Asking the question here is doing the research. Don't be an ass!

I'm surprised that more people haven't figured out that the amount of ore/herbs you get from your garrison in beta is VASTLY inflated compared to what it will be on live.
    I'm surprised that you believe the conditions set for garrisons in early beta are still in place in the more recent pre-release builds. You honestly didn't notice the changes?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Unless it changed since I last looked, engineering Goggles and Gun are BOE.

at this point there's no reason, outside of "i wanna sell stuff I made" to taking crafting professions.
    Leatherworkers can upgrade *their* gear a a couple times, and I assume tailors and BS might have the option to the do the same for their stuff. Unless that has been removed, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Leatherworkers can upgrade *their* gear a a couple times, and I assume tailors and BS might have the option to the do the same for their stuff. Unless that has been removed, of course.
    The upgrade items and the upgraded items themselves are not BoP.
    They upgrade armor, not their armor.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The upgrade items and the upgraded items themselves are not BoP.
    They upgrade armor, not their armor.
    Thanks for the info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Out of curiosity, how much Ore and Stone (for Mine work orders) does the mine provide per day?
    With max work orders, mine level 3, and a follower you get around 300 ore a day. Ive gotten a bit more and a bit less.You cant really even spend 300 ore a day on anything, so mining and to a lesser extent herbalism are going to be useless in WOD. The ah will be flooded with so much excess mats that you will just use the stuff you gather from your garrison, or the ah stuff will be so cheap you wont bother with your garrison and you will just buy them all for just over vender mat price. Thats the main problem with Profs in WoD> The mat cost doesn't fit the gathering amount. Your mine gives you enough a lone to supply 2 profs each day and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    With max work orders, mine level 3, and a follower you get around 300 ore a day. Ive gotten a bit more and a bit less.You cant really even spend 300 ore a day on anything, so mining and to a lesser extent herbalism are going to be useless in WOD. The ah will be flooded with so much excess mats that you will just use the stuff you gather from your garrison, or the ah stuff will be so cheap you wont bother with your garrison and you will just buy them all for just over vender mat price. Thats the main problem with Profs in WoD> The mat cost doesn't fit the gathering amount. Your mine gives you enough a lone to supply 2 profs each day and more.
    Isn't it only possible to get so much ore because you have mining as a profession?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Isn't it only possible to get so much ore because you have mining as a profession?
    Does that even do anything? Pretty sure its the same no matter what, but I may be wrong. 100 ore a day should be the absoulate max for a non miner. 50-60 sounds about right. Miners should get 100-150 a day. Mining in the world should still be a thing.

I'm surprised that more people haven't figured out that the amount of ore/herbs you get from your garrison in beta is VASTLY inflated compared to what it will be on live.
    Do you know when/where this was stated officially?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Briq View Post
    It seems to me that with profession bonuses being eliminated it would benefit someone to have say mining and herbalism on their main character while using alas for all of their crafting professions. Would there be any downside to this?
    Having gathering professions on your main should be an excellent choice, especially if you plan on being outdoors in Draenor alot. There is herbs and ore, but beasts needs to be trapped for Savage Bloods, and Fishing will also be important.

If you have alts with the crafting professions what you lose are the daily profession cooldowns - and it will not take a whole lot of gathering to outearn those.

Professions are being simplified so much I believe the return on gathering will go up, and the return on being savvy with Tradeskillmaster will go down.