10+ Year Old Account

6.0 gear upgrade cost

I'm wondering if the upgrade cost of gear is the same as the conversion rate for unspent valor. is it 117g per upgrade or there-abouts assuming my math is right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its actually 50 lesser charms of good fortune per upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

he mean at lvl 100 I assume

I believe you won't be able to upgrade gear in Warlords

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I believe you won't be able to upgrade gear in Warlords
    You can continue to upgrade gear that can be upgraded. (MoP-only gear). All other gear will be un-upgradable.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats soo much lesser coins.. damn. I think that even takes longer to farm then the 250 valor

Quote Originally Posted by sargior View Post
    thats soo much lesser coins.. damn. I think that even takes longer to farm then the 250 valor
    Are you kidding? I had enough lesser coins to never need to gain another one to be able to turn the stupid 50 lesser coins quest in before tier 15 started. By the time tier 16 started I had enough for another two years of turn ins. Lesser coins are stupid easy. Just play and you get them all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Saichotick View Post
    Are you kidding? I had enough lesser coins to never need to gain another one to be able to turn the stupid 50 lesser coins quest in before tier 15 started. By the time tier 16 started I had enough for another two years of turn ins. Lesser coins are stupid easy. Just play and you get them all over the place.
    I was huge into dailies and got exalted all over the place. Even no-lifed the hell out of Timeless Isle when it was new. On the PTR I still ran out of lesser charms just before finishing upgrading all my gear to 4/4.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The difference is you won't be capped either.. so you can upgrade at your own pace instead of trying to make sure you don't miss a weekly cap.

I take it you haven't been in the timeless isle much? That place is literally lesser charm heaven

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm. I wonder if I should try the math. through the charm quest you can get 45g for 90 lesser charms+ 3 loots to sell or 30ish+ gold each non-loot roll?

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    hmm. I wonder if I should try the math. through the charm quest you can get 45g for 90 lesser charms+ 3 loots to sell or 30ish+ gold each non-loot roll?
    It was changed by 5.2 (maybe 5.1) to only require 50 lesser charms for the weekly turn in.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks, didn't dawn on me despite having done it a number of times since having been back. was gone since april of last year and am amazed that the old number would be more ingrained .

you only need like 3200 coins to max out all gear slots 4/4 thats just a few hours of farming frogs at timeless isle I average about 300 coins per hour solo so make a group and you get even more peeps and more coins . It will suck for newer chars that dont have previous lesser charms just rotting but for mains and 2nd alts that have at least 1k charms it will be a breathe of fresh air to never have to do scenarios again in mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get 1 coin per kill of an elite on the timeless isle period. Most give 2-3. Rares/chests give like 10-20. I currently have nearly 20k coins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I was huge into dailies and got exalted all over the place. Even no-lifed the hell out of Timeless Isle when it was new. On the PTR I still ran out of lesser charms just before finishing upgrading all my gear to 4/4.
    Hybrid problems.

Since I finished doing the Isle of Thunder dailies (getting exalted with Sunreavers) I haven't farmed any Lesser charms and I still have over 3000. And all my gear is 4/4 and I have around 20 items in my bank with 4/4.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Strange. I barely go out to the isle, even when it was new and upgraded everything on ptr with plenty to spare.

Maybe it's just in what you kill? I've never bothered with rares, I usually only go to help friends and aoe grind up the hill so they come really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Hybrid problems.
    Shh. Don't blow my cover. (Stand down, Blue Team! Cat is half-bagged. I repeat, half-bagged.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."