Deleted

ASUS VG248QE vs BENQ XL2420Z vsBENQ XL2420T

Hi so I would like to buy a new 140 hz monitor but I can't decide between the Asus and BENQ ones

My setup is
    Cpu i5 3570k
    GPU 670 oc
    8 GB ram

I only play wow, Diablo 3 and other rpg s not fps games
    I also watch a lot of movies and TV series so I want the monitor to also be good for those as well as gaming

Which one would you recommend I should buy and most importantly why I should pick they one

Thanks

Deleted
    all what u described is someone who wants an IPS monitor
    tv series, movies, youtube videos are normally display on 30fps(some new movies like Hobbit are trying to start new tendency of 48fps but still is inside the 60hz range), besides the fact that normally one move backwards and relax while watching series etc. the angles, colors and image quality are superior on an IPS monitor and if you do watch a lot then you will note the difference
    WoW i dont know how much fps u can get in 10 man , but if its 25man /Bgs u will never get more than 60fps or 100fps, a descent amount to notice the difference between 144hz vs 60hz
    diablo 3 is the same u will have to see if u can run more than 120fps

at the end ppl who use TN monitors (120hz, 144hz and 1ms response time) sacrifice image quality, color, contrast etc. everything for better video run smooth which is totally worth it, but again not everyone and not everything can run at +120-140fps

Deleted
    Ok so then what are some really good ips 24/27" monitors
    With low response time below 5-4ms

- - - Updated - - -

What do you guys think about the BenQ BL2411PT?
    Is it worth buying it considering it's quite expensive?
    Last edited by mmocc546f961d4; 2014-10-09 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bad monitor but remember it is 16:10 which is not for everyone. I like 16:10 resolution but some people obviously don't.
    https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/benq-bl2411pt/

I'd get a U2414H at that price point.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

Of the 3 you listed though, XL2420Z.

A 27" at 2560x1440 I'd go for a AOC q2770Pqu, however you'd probably have issues running at that resolution with a 670 (on high settings).
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/aoc_q2770pqu.htm
    You probably don't want to try and read the review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuzdul View Post
    at the end ppl who use TN monitors (120hz, 144hz and 1ms response time) sacrifice image quality, color, contrast etc. everything for better video run smooth which is totally worth it, but again not everyone and not everything can run at +120-140fps
    I'm going to note that both TN and IPS have a typical 1000:1 static contrast ratio. While VA typically has 3000:1 or 5000:1.

Deleted
    what do you guys think about this the ASUS MX279H monitor ?

its clear i have to go for an IPS one as i don't have an insane cpu/gpu combo for a 144hz monitor
    i looked at the benq bl2410 and bl2411 but the one i liked had a 16:10 ratio and the other one didn't have an IPS panel
    so now i am considering the Asus MX279H one

1st its 27" vs 24" = so bigger monitor at the same price the other 24" ones were at
    2nd its an AH - IPS (Advanced High Performance IPS) better then a standard IPS monitor
    3rd Tracer Free Technology improves the response time of ASUS monitors, eliminating ghosting and tracers during video playback.

i do have some questions tho
    This is my full setup now :

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    CPU: i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
    GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2048MB DDR5 OC
    Memory : Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz rev A
    HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA3 64MB
    Case Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
    PSU : Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2
    Monitor IPS 23 Asus VS239HR Full HD
    Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme
    SSD Intel Seria 330 2.5 SATA3 120GB 25nm MLC
    DVD Writer LG GH22NS50 SATA Black bulk

1st can my setup make a dual monitor setup work ? Is the PSU enough for a 2 monitor setup considering the config ?
    2nd if not should i buy a bigger PSU ? 700/800 or more ?
    3rd can my gpu handle a dual monitor setup without losing performance ? it seems to have 2 dvi/vga entrances

should i go for it or not ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore the fact it says AH-IPS. At one point it mattered, not anymore unless you're looking at a GB-r LED wide gamut monitor and if you have no idea what that means then you definitely don't need it.

Tracer = RTC aka response time compensation. It increases pixel response not signal processing. If it's too strong it leaves a blue-ish dark artifact instead of motion blurs. A lot of monitors have this.
    Bigger at 1920x1080 = less pixel density which majority of the time isn't that good.
    There's nothing wrong with 16:10 tbh, but that's a personal choice. It does give a bit more real estate to work with.

After seeing two threads on the MX series getting messed up, I'd opt to not go for it.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-10-09 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyAI View Post
    Ok so then what are some really good ips 24/27" monitors
    Qnix 27" 1440p Evolution single DVI input (not the SE model), if you're willing to take a gamble on not getting any dead pixels.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Qnix 27" 1440p Evolution single DVI input (not the SE model), if you're willing to take a gamble on not getting any dead pixels.
    No please let's not go there.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/qnix_qx2710.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a few notes on that:

• Those graphs on lag etc are the multi input which uses a completely different PCB for which people have noted significant frame skipping and other issues. (This is proven by the fact they show images of an OSD which the single input does not even have).
    • A 2100 page thread (which is almost as long as the Titan thread) on OCN can't be a bad sign.
    • I have three and they are better than any Dell, Sony or Iiyama screens I've owned.

Sure the stand is crap and some of the power bricks get warm, but the sellers are all happy to refund (even $20-$30 where a simple rubber foot is missing, for example) or issue replacements for serious issues. I made the gamble and bought three, only a single one had one dead pixel which I wasn't fussed about and when all three cost me around £700, then you take a look at this here - http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Monit...roductId=53190 of which two of them would have cost me almost £140 more than the three I bought - well, you get the picture I guess. The panel quality itself is amazing.
    Digital Rumination
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    so i guess if i buy a 27" monitor i need to go for a 2560 x 1440 resolution instead of a 1920x1080 one ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally a better idea, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Just a few notes on that:

• Those graphs on lag etc are the multi input which uses a completely different PCB for which people have noted significant frame skipping and other issues. (This is proven by the fact they show images of an OSD which the single input does not even have).
    • A 2100 page thread (which is almost as long as the Titan thread) on OCN can't be a bad sign.
    • I have three and they are better than any Dell, Sony or Iiyama screens I've owned.

Sure the stand is crap and some of the power bricks get warm, but the sellers are all happy to refund (even $20-$30 where a simple rubber foot is missing, for example) or issue replacements for serious issues. I made the gamble and bought three, only a single one had one dead pixel which I wasn't fussed about and when all three cost me around £700, then you take a look at this here - http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Monit...roductId=53190 of which two of them would have cost me almost £140 more than the three I bought - well, you get the picture I guess. The panel quality itself is amazing.
    I'm just going to note popularity != quality. The main attraction to it was the fact it was over clockable, but it's useless when the pixel response can't keep up.

I'd rather wait for AUO's AHVA native 144Hz 2560x1440 offering over this.

Is the panel horrendous, no, but of all of em it isn't great. Only saving grace is the fact it's using an AHVA panel.
    Contrast is poor, like very poor, okay default set up. Very bad IPS glow and mediocre backlight bleed. The build quality is just poor.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-10-10 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    quick question
    if i buy the ASUS*PB278Q that has a 2560x1440 resolution will i have lower FPS in games like WoW because of my GPU , that is a GTX 670 then if i would get a normal 1920X1080 resolution monitor ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely yes, but in contrast you may be able to turn down some of the graphical settings without it looking much different due to the higher resolution, to claw back some of those FPS.
    Digital Rumination

10+ Year Old Account
    It most likely will.

That said, I'd still recommend the AOC q2770Pqu (needs a better name) over the PB278Q. Has better default, flicker free, semi-glossy coating, USBs and such.
    ASUS may be a well known name, but doesn't really make their monitors great.

Deleted
    yes given all the informations i gathered in the past days between 24vs27 / resolutions / 60hz vs 120hz vs 144Hz / pixel density / TN vs ips vs pls / response time / asus vs benq vs all other

i came to the conclusion that that only monitor that fits my budget (didn't want to spend that much money on a new monitor for the dual monitor setup) / current need (because of the setup i now have) i will end up buying the ASUS MX239H from all the other ips models i looked at this one seems to be just right just hope that the 650W PSU will be enough to run my setup plus 2 monitors

i would like to thank you all for your input and help