Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are we sure that HotW will buff MF? When we take LI it causes MF to scale off of our AP, not SP. It would make sense to me that HotW wouldn't make MF stronger, and idk if using it in HotW for CP would warrant the abandoning of being in kitty for white hits and shred/FB damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    LI looks really strong also as it has nice synergy with HotW.

Looks like it could be sick on multi target damage fights where u have a phase to pop HotW and spam MF and put up multi rips!!

I wonder on shorter fights if it might be better than BT on single target for the 45s of buffed MF to be more damage.

With probably 2 cycles possible in most other fights would also be interesting to see when fitting two HotW in would achieve in terms of overall damage.
    Are you sure our cat MF scales with HotW? Everything I can find on WoWhead points to the opposite, and it would go against Blizzard's philosophy of the 90 tier not providing any damage bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thandorr View Post
    Are we sure that HotW will buff MF? When we take LI it causes MF to scale off of our AP, not SP. It would make sense to me that HotW wouldn't make MF stronger, and idk if using it in HotW for CP would warrant the abandoning of being in kitty for white hits and shred/FB damage.
    I'm not sure myself but dont see why it would not, the whole point of HotW is that it buffs the abilities that your spec doesn't specialize in. If it doesn't then whats the point of the talent at all??

Agree tho its a grey area that needs looking at, since yes it scales from AP but is still a spell, so therefore should by the tooltip receive the buff from HotW, we all know how hard wrath hits during HotW, and you would stay in kitty cause of LI

Edit: Yer thinking about it, it would be very OP scaling off both AP and SP during HotW, MF would literally do 100% more damage lol, would be like when rake double dipped on steriods!!!! The LI talent must completely remove MF from SP roll table then and solely be on the AP role table, which probably makes sense to what your seeing Rioo
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2014-10-10 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    I'm not sure myself but dont see why it would not, the whole point of HotW is that it buffs the abilities that your spec doesn't specialize in. If it doesn't then whats the point of the talent at all??

Agree tho its a grey area that needs looking at, since yes it scales from AP but is still a spell, so therefore should by the tooltip receive the buff from HotW, we all know how hard wrath hits during HotW, and you would stay in kitty cause of LI

Edit: Yer thinking about it, it would be very OP scaling off both AP and SP during HotW, MF would literally do 100% more damage lol, would be like when rake double dipped on steriods!!!! The LI talent must completely remove MF from SP roll table then and solely be on the AP role table, which probably makes sense to what your seeing Rioo
    More likely we the energy version of MF replaces the mana version, or we get seperate version, a beta tester would need to check to be sure though. If the spell went with which ever is highest it would still be pretty OP with HOTW, if we could pop out and pop them on everything free of charge and build up large amounts of CP. Most likely they're completely different spells though.

If you check the WoD-version of HotW for ferals on WoWhead you see what spells get buffed, and the energy version of MF is not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no intention that any of the level 90 talents (HotW included) will provide ANY damage increase whatsoever. They nerfed Wrath significantly for feral with this reason alone. It would not follow that HotW would buff moon fire at all or make it resource free either, because to do so would be to go against their entire design philosophy which has already been mentioned.

We should choose a level 90 talent based entirely on the usefulness of its off healing capability/utility alone.