Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have gone from 220 to 190 from Feb-now...I have been weightlifting 3x per week as well as cycling 10-15 miles on the trails near my home 2x per week on off days. I usually keep my calorie intake between 2200-2500. Now that I am 190 and am going to go down to 180, I'll have to decrease those amounts to around 1900-2200+ Depending on my day. You should be eating a lot of good foods to increase muscle growth, give your body proper nutrition, and fill up on calories that won't turn into fat.

As for my food, I start off with 3 eggs,( 2 white one whole). Half cup of shredded wheat cereal, and half cup of raspberries and straight black coffee.
    Lunch will be a chicken breast or fish, with a spinach salad(mix in what you like, what out for dressings)

Snack will be a protein shake if I work out, or just a handful of almonds.

Dinner/Late lunch is usually the same thing but a tad bigger portion, I add in a half cup of brown rice/pasta, some grass fed beef, other meats as well. Add in some avocado, veggies, light marinara sauce. You get the drill. Just eat clean, eat healthy and stay active. You will lose weight, enjoy what you eat, and it will be easier for you to maintain. You need to change your eating/exercise routine into a lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    Other way around, that's broscience man. As much as it's been believed for the past 30 years by the general population and there is a lot of anecdotal evidence to support it, science has enabled us to look into how our body reacts to different macro nutrients. So far, what has been found is actually quite the opposite to what we were told before. As much as an energy balance may matter, the type of calorie makes a difference to how the body handles that energy. When our bodies have two different fuel burning methods, with one being far more efficient and better for your health, you would think people would jump on that right? Wrong. Why is that? Misinformation perhaps that has been controlled by big food?

www.nusi.org

The next few years are going to be huge for nutrition.
    *poke website*

That website isn't very functional. None of the "numbers" under "the argument" showed up even when I disabled noscript and adblock altogether and reloaded the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    So i have been on a diet for 4 weeks now, only changed the amount of food i ate each day.... ;>

So far i've lost 7.4kg = 16,3 pounds.

i was just around 90kg before being 1.75high

What about you guys, how do you think i've done and how have you done yourselves?

I calculated that my calorie intake would be at 2500 something if i was to maintain my weight, the thing i did was to drink meal replacement shakes, 2 times a day, and then having my real dinner food. Which is around 600 calories all together.

so i've cut back from 2500-3500 calories a day, to 600 / day. the first week went extremely fast, and then it just went slower.

Do you guys have any tips on how to speed up the process again? -

I am drinking about 2½-3 liters of water each day
    600 calories is too low for intake mate.

When u start to stop eating, your body may go into "winter mode" or getting "ready" for hibernation, meaning you will gain fat from any foods, even apples.

I know because that is exactly what I been suffering from. In order to lose weight from not eating is, completely no food for days, and it will be agonizing. Not recommended.

I suggest, eat 6 times a day (breakfast, than a small snack like a fruit or two, lunch etc). And you can even have a cheat day (sunday) where u can eat anything u want. But you still need to exercise thought. Minimum 4 days around 1 hour each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Mists of Pandaria launched, I've lost 100+lbs just doing whatever

there's no rule that says you have to make a sandwich with two slices of bread or that you can't break a slice of big colby in two. stop using condiments, especially mayonaise. stop drinking soda. buy a sub from the deli instead of eating a burger. if you put something in your mouth and it tastes anything less than amazing, spit it out no matter how wasteful it might seem or how bad it might make someone else feel.

maybe this is just exclusive to me, but i couldn't stand eating shit tasting food after i started cooking my own. the only place i know that makes chicken as good as me is a chick-fil-a. when it comes to chicken i could outcook the shit out of any cook at most places

i break up bread routes so honestly it can be really difficult to resist eating shit like popems and cookies when they're right there just asking to be eaten, but you must resist temptation. it's okay to cave every now and then, but by every now and then i mean like once or twice a month, not every three days, and when you cave make sure that's the only thing you're eating today

but seriously, fuck your ranch. fuck your mayo. it's just a bunch of really unnecessary calories. condiments that are not ketchup or mustard are the devil.

so

fuck making your sandwiches with two slices of bread
    fuck your high calorie shit tasting condiments that you probably have more than 1 serving size of when you load something up with it
    fuck your drive thru food
    fuck your cookies and donuts and whatever shit sweets
    fuck your sodas
    only eat delicious food
    stop setting down a bag of chips next to you when you play games or watch tv
    get a physical job or start playing a sport regularly
    start calorie counting and learning what serving sizes look like so you can see and tell the difference between the quality of your meals

if your friends want you to come out and pay for delicious high calorie food that doesn't fit into your diet, tell them you can't. like, it's not because they aren't cool, but it's because you don't want to be fat. it's like, we could hang out and i could stay fat. or we could hang out and do something else besides buy overpriced food that's high in calories and i could not be fat.

its like man that sounds so good right now but im tryna get my dick sucked on the regular by hot drunk college chicks and those honey BBQ wings are not going to help me accomplish that

sorry, maybe some other time

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I believe that someone eating 600 calories a day in order to lose mass amounts of weight quickly and creating threads about it asking for tips to speed up the process might be displaying symptoms of anorexia. Maybe I didn't world it well, but I certainly know what it is. Being malnourished is not anorexia, but intentionally malnourishing yourself heavily suggests it, don't you think?
    Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I was not losing any weight at 230lbs consuming 1500 calories/day. So I would pretty much only eat 2 hot pockets or a couple of sandwiches a day. Now I can eat whatever and it's still coming off.

Obviously I wouldn't suggest staying on a 600 calorie diet for a very long time, but bodies are fucking weird and frustrating things. Sometimes you have to be aggressively abrasive to get what you want out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If you pick up an exercise regimen, do some resistance training twice a week, run three times a week, within about a month, it's such a habit that you no longer need willpower to do it, you just go do it as part of your day.
    it ain't if you don't enjoy it

i can run to play basketball, but runnin for the sake of runnin or to not be fat someday just sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake
    Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I was not losing any weight at 230lbs consuming 1500 calories/day. So I would pretty much only eat 2 hot pockets or a couple of sandwiches a day.
    Or you can eat healthy and lose weight healthy...

Deleted
    From a previous post today:

220lbs

160lbs

There's no big secret to it. Just stop eating so much and be more active. At my heaviest I was eating like a whole pack of cookies a day and doing very little in the way of exercise. These days I cycle/walk absolutely everywhere. Never drive (I don't have a license) and never take public transport unless I'm traveling more than 30 miles. To be honest I still don't eat great. I regularly eat junk, but it's offset by the fact I'm on my feet far more often.
    The best advice I can give you really is stop being so greedy. Ask yourself if you really need a portion size that large, or of you could get away with less. Remind yourself that if you still feel hungry later, you can always eat something else if you really need to.
    And don't expect instant results. You probably wont look very different after one week. But you're making changes you expect to last a hell of a lot longer than that too. Just get into the habit of being more active and eating more sensibly and forget all about the whole 'diet' concept.

Oh, and buy one of these instead of wasting money on a gym membership. They're far more useful.
    Last edited by mmoc290cb72e4b; 2014-10-22 at 03:48 PM.

Nice bike man! I have a specialized my self, they are fucking awesome and a great way to get and stay in shape!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genoreaper89 View Post
    Nice bike man! I have a specialized my self, they are fucking awesome and a great way to get and stay in shape!
    Yeah, she's my baby

If you want to lose weight on "autopilot" without exercise the best way from my experience is to do a keto diet.
    But you don't want too low of a deficit and you need to make sure you get the bare minimum amount of protein in your diet to avoid losing lean body mass.

keto-calculator.ankerl.com

Use the calculator to get your daily requirements for fat/protein/carbs. The carb part is a limit, if you eat less then the daily number then thats fine.

Once you cut to your desired level you can consider hopping over to http://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    From a previous post today:

220lbs

160lbs

There's no big secret to it. Just stop eating so much and be more active. At my heaviest I was eating like a whole pack of cookies a day and doing very little in the way of exercise. These days I cycle/walk absolutely everywhere. Never drive (I don't have a license) and never take public transport unless I'm traveling more than 30 miles. To be honest I still don't eat great. I regularly eat junk, but it's offset by the fact I'm on my feet far more often.
    The best advice I can give you really is stop being so greedy. Ask yourself if you really need a portion size that large, or of you could get away with less. Remind yourself that if you still feel hungry later, you can always eat something else if you really need to.
    And don't expect instant results. You probably wont look very different after one week. But you're making changes you expect to last a hell of a lot longer than that too. Just get into the habit of being more active and eating more sensibly and forget all about the whole 'diet' concept.

Oh, and buy one of these instead of wasting money on a gym membership. They're far more useful.
    Haha, here in Holland practically everyone has a bike. It can be pretty annoying but great at times. Not uncommon at all here to have a bicycle + a sport/gym membership. Personally I cycle to school (15min one-way) and back 5 times a day, then go to the gym to do resistance/strength training. It's perfect considering resistance training increases metabolism greatly.

I did atkins, went from 305 to 170 sorry for the big pictures. Also "zomg tattoos" don't hate, because idgaf.

Deleted
    I hope this is a troll, but still...

The first week went fast because... let us say you just went to the toilet and emptied yourself without replacing the stuff you flushed away.
    Your diet is highly unhealthy, it might work but you will not sustain it long, and the cheat days incoming will be tough.

Please, anyone that wants to loose weight, the method is very easy :

1 - Buy an electric steam cook
    2 - Put frozen vegetables and fish inside, or chicken, but fish is way better (Pangasius fish has no taste and no smell, use some herbs with it for it to be good)
    3 - A little rice on top of it to maintain enough energy for the day

There, you have a healthy calorie deficit. Want to loose more :

4 - Go to a swimming pool if you do not practice sports, or do some sports progressively, until you do one hour of cardio every day.

Rince repeat, but above all :

Get used to count calorie, and indulge yourself some cheat if you feel you "need" it.

If you dislike fish and chicken, some protein bars can help, you want 25g proteins for less than 200 kcal, one a day is enough.

Enjoy !

EDIT : electric steam cook stuff is 50 euros, vegetables are 5 euros a day (igloo is wonderfully good and healthy) and fish is 5 euros every two days, it has a cost, but health too and it is a five minutes technique, any caveman can master it since I do and Im like an alpha caveman.
    Last edited by mmoc7ce65b12c7; 2014-11-10 at 11:04 PM.