Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    There ya go. I woulda tested it but I couldn't see through all my tears from the nerfs yesterday.
    Your tears feed the Nerf Bat, and he only grows stronger as the Iron Horde approaches.

On a happier note, great forum and contributions. The Warlock community seems to be quite active here, and elsewhere for that manner, and it's helped me decide to pursuit picking up the class once more. So thank you all for your hard work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Secte View Post
    Your tears feed the Nerf Bat, and he only grows stronger as the Iron Horde approaches.

On a happier note, great forum and contributions. The Warlock community seems to be quite active here, and elsewhere for that manner, and it's helped me decide to pursuit picking up the class once more. So thank you all for your hard work.
    We all appreciate that bud, we definitely are trying to be more constructive and give people solid feedback. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

"General
    Corruption and Shadow Bolt damage has been reduced by 10%."

Does this mean immolate for destro, incinerate for destro and drain soul for affli are also affected by this?

Seeing as none of those spells are called Corruption or Shadow Bolt no they are not affected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    "General
    Corruption and Shadow Bolt damage has been reduced by 10%."

Does this mean immolate for destro, incinerate for destro and drain soul for affli are also affected by this?
    No? Usually the spell they say is the spell they mean.

Is the corruption nerf for both demo and affliction? Seems odd that they separated all the other demo nerfs out but shadowbolt is under general with corruption.

How is affliction outside of single target? From reading through threads is the general consensus still average single target poor multitarget? I assume its still great for council fights correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxate View Post
    Is the corruption nerf for both demo and affliction? Seems odd that they separated all the other demo nerfs out but shadowbolt is under general with corruption.

How is affliction outside of single target? From reading through threads is the general consensus still average single target poor multitarget? I assume its still great for council fights correct?
    No the corruption nerf is only for Demonology.

Affliction isn't terrible outside of ST, the multitarget is juggling 15ish dots at one time and it's annoying. Feels like more of a Cata style.

I know its not a huge deal but, I was messing with Mr. Robot. It was saying the Garrosh Trinket and Totem are BIS at 90. I just find it hard to lose 10% stats...

No the corruption nerf is only for Demonology.

Affliction isn't terrible outside of ST, the multitarget is juggling 15ish dots at one time and it's annoying. Feels like more of a Cata style.
    While you may feel very strongly about DEMO play style, I feel like warlocks were essentially built on that type of play style. I wouldn't mind them bringing back a SM/RUIN type play style because that's why I rolled a lock way back when.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voight View Post
    While you may feel very strongly about DEMO play style, I feel like warlocks were essentially built on that type of play style. I wouldn't mind them bringing back a SM/RUIN type play style because that's why I rolled a lock way back when.
    It's not that I feel strongly about Demonology gameplay, I would much rather Demo go back to more skill-based, but Affliction without Soul Swap is more a chore than a DPS spec. It does still excel on council fights like Iron Maidens, but it relies heavily on shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    I know its not a huge deal but, I was messing with Mr. Robot. It was saying the Garrosh Trinket and Totem are BIS at 90. I just find it hard to lose 10% stats...
    I don't trust AMR for much, I would assume that PBoI and BBoY is best combination because of the Haste from PBoI and Haste off BBoY.

Deleted
    actually i have more fun with affliction since 6.0, I like hardcasting dots

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyyu View Post
    actually i have more fun with affliction since 6.0, I like hardcasting dots
    The gameplay from a Mythic raider PoV is just terrible.

Deleted
    Dude I raid mythic aswell and I had a lot of fun on wednesday with affliction, especially on cleave fights like protectors or shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude I raid mythic aswell and I had a lot of fun on wednesday with affliction, especially on cleave fights like protectors or shamans.
    Aff compared to a Demo during progression is what I'm getting at, killing bosses in 2 minutes or less play whatever the hell you want. But it felt clunky on beta when doing Iron Maidens or other cleave based fights.

Deleted
    Aff compared to a Demo during progression is what I'm getting at, killing bosses in 2 minutes or less play whatever the hell you want. But it felt clunky on beta when doing Iron Maidens or other cleave based fights.
    we will see in a few weeks dependent on the following class changes

10+ Year Old Account
    we will see in a few weeks dependent on the following class changes
    Definitely if the nerfs keep you'd go Aff on Council fights.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Personally I have no idea about those features, but SPTimers @ curse is the spiritual successor from my understanding.
    The guy that builds (I think) SPTimers is keeping ForteXorcist alive but not adding any new functionality.

http://www.aleaaddons.ru/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    The guy that builds (I think) SPTimers is keeping ForteXorcist alive but not adding any new functionality.

http://www.aleaaddons.ru/
    I've never used ForteXorcist I've always used ElvUI for all DoT timers.

I raid mythic as well, I've just played a warlock for so long that hard casting dots is a normality for me. Consider up until mists that was the only option. I also alt a shadow priest though as well.

My only issue with hardcasting DoTs is Agony needing to get 10 stacks.
    Kapelusz of Encore