Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapelusz View Post
    My only issue with hardcasting DoTs is Agony needing to get 10 stacks.
    This though.

My only issue with hardcasting DoTs is Agony needing to get 10 stacks.
    I mean we did that in T14 and no one complained. We hardcasted every single one of our DoTs because Soul Swap was useless then (even more so than it is in 6.0).

If you wanted to be a badass and do lots of DPS you hardcasted all three DoTs on every single target possible.

Before inflation of logs this was my #1 on Empress with all the hardcasting in the world; two soul swap casts total. At least in a burst situation for 6.0, Soul Swap will be useful. And Agony just naturally built up to 10 stacks, just like we'll continue to do in WoD.

People have just been in SoO farm for so long that they forgot how to multidot pre t15/16, which is understandable considering it was 2+ years ago.

I guess I have been spoiled by T16 soulswap.
    Kapelusz of Encore

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I have been spoiled by T16 soulswap.
    To add to this, if we can get enough Soul Shards passively for SB:H it'll be fine to hardcast.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Aff compared to a Demo during progression is what I'm getting at, killing bosses in 2 minutes or less play whatever the hell you want. But it felt clunky on beta when doing Iron Maidens or other cleave based fights.
    Aff felt fine and well suited to IM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Aff felt fine and well suited to IM.
    Demo felt better to me personally, but we stacked them so maybe that mattered a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Also, we already have a fuckton of haste and mastery on our gear. KTT possess Multistrike.
    When you take the "rendements décroissants" (cannot for the life of me remember the english name for it) then multistrike gives much more DPS for now.
    Je préfère le rendement des croissants.

Anyways I tried affli on protectors & norushen where obviously before 6.0 I destroyed everynonlockbody. Sad sad sad. I Wonder, should we still dominate the fight as affli?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    Je préfère le rendement des croissants.

Anyways I tried affli on protectors & norushen where obviously before 6.0 I destroyed everynonlockbody. Sad sad sad. I Wonder, should we still dominate the fight as affli?
    last week i beat everyone in my raid by 15%

So they're solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    last week i beat everyone in my raid by 15%

So they're solid.
    You must not have any decent mages then http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...598&metric=dps
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    You must not have any decent mages then http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...598&metric=dps
    Fire was so stupid last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, the mages in my guild are derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    Yea, the mages in my guild are derp.
    Mages pulling 50k before nerfs on Protectors? Infuckingsane.

Oh Cabana. How I miss the days of AT raiding with my pal. Kind of want to come back and try out affliction. Thanks for the guide!

Quote Originally Posted by conz View Post
    Oh Cabana. How I miss the days of AT raiding with my pal. Kind of want to come back and try out affliction. Thanks for the guide!
    Miss ya brotha. We ran that joint. Your bro is playing still. At least come back for PvP or something.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    Great guide, really good.
    I think that the change of dinamic DoTs was really good, I just need to adapt.
    I miss soul exchange for free, that skill made Locks one of the most dangerous PVP classes, the abilty to spread Dots all over the arena.

Fire was so stupid last week.
    Still Stupid.

The top parse on protectors is from this week. Less then 20% nerf, who cares.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Poeiras, sure we could put dots everywhere easily but they didn't exactly cause any spec of any class to worry on their own unless you had haunt + DS/trinkets/etc and could freecast MG. Aff's spread pressure is laughable if you played the spec for more than MoP and especially wotlk and before. Between haunt and DS's 40% contribution its doubly throttled aff's multi target to a point the spec feels quite different. Also with the new fear's shorter duration, CC DR consolidation, all the non trinket anti fear tools staying in game, no more baseline howl, single spell school, and no way to run from a single spec of any class the thought of trying to kill things in pvp as aff seems unlikely by yourself. Maybe with SB:Haunt but last I messed with it shards were infrequent enough in pvp you had to save haunts for kill attempts.

My issue with aff pvp at 5.4, 6.0.x, and 100 is you are basically unable to kill anything by yourself. On 5.4 and most MoP aff has had some spread pressure but has mostly been a fear/CC bot needing both peels, heals, and a dps partner who can actually kill something in a CC window. Ignoring numbers for a minute that just isn't a fun playstyle for a dps class to be a limpdick CC bot totally reliant on team for so much while other classes were far more capable and still are. If all you can keep up are just the dots how long does that take to kill even the afk? 30 seconds with CD's? 45 without? That's more than the longest possible rez cycle in any RBG or BG. (45/30 respectively). We can't get away from anyone to freecast and don't have the tools to go toe to toe with anyone as a "spread pressure dot class/cc bot whose CC now is meh". Aff was played most in pvp due to destro's burst being the easiest thing in the game to stop and demo doing more damage to itself via lifetap and fel flame than FF did to its target the way pvp resilience worked.

I kind of feel like aff needs soulswap on a 2x charge system like conflag/HoG with SB:SS taking 2x charges and if charges are not available THEN it eats shards or even could be divorced from the shard system altogether (at least for basic SS). Especially since SB:Haunt is almost mandatory. Nobody will ever let you cast cataclysm and pets fall over when looked at sternly so I don't hold great pvp hope for DG/infernal option. I am not sure if its an unfinished/raw area of balance tuning but pets are way too much of our toolkit to be so fragile in pvp, especially when they are NOT dangerous to any spec of any class by themselves. Might need a 50% less dmg taken from players kind of change?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post

People have just been in SoO farm for so long that they forgot how to multidot pre t15/16, which is understandable considering it was 2+ years ago.
    I haven't forgot it. And god, i didn't missed it. I tried to raid in hc SoO as a frost mage (my alt) and i almost felt asleep. Soo boring. Than i've switched to my warlock (my main) for mythic and it was a little better but nowhere near the words "fun" or "challenging".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I mean we did that in T14 and no one complained. We hardcasted every single one of our DoTs because Soul Swap was useless then (even more so than it is in 6.0).

If you wanted to be a badass and do lots of DPS you hardcasted all three DoTs on every single target possible.

Before inflation of logs this was my #1 on Empress with all the hardcasting in the world; two soul swap casts total. At least in a burst situation for 6.0, Soul Swap will be useful. And Agony just naturally built up to 10 stacks, just like we'll continue to do in WoD.

I remember and it was just so annoying. I ran an SoO yesterday as Aff and I couldn't stand hardcasting like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember and it was just so annoying. I ran an SoO yesterday as Aff and I couldn't stand hardcasting like that.
    I really enjoy the hardcasting DOT class play style, reminds me of locking of old.
    Ha I must be weird.