Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Haha no. It's always been the worst choice and a terrible one at that.
    "Good" I'm defining in this case is average.

Haha no. It's always been the worst choice and a terrible one at that.
    I mean you can run Aff Cata on Tectus and do well enough during farm (as one of our Locks did this week out of boredom) but progression wise it's a terrible choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    "Good" I'm defining in this case is average.
    So say average? Then people won't get confused.

Deleted
    I was mostly wondering about the 6.1 version of Cataclysm; 8xall 3 dots might bump it up a little, I understand it wouldn't be optimal though but it sounds like fun

I did some very limited, very unscientific testing on PTR about affliction's aoe burst, and it is certainly viable for mythic tectus. My ~20 second burst as affliction was higher on just 3 targets than demo (even with 4 chaos waves).

As to technique, you can preseed the two tectuses (one SB'b), and any pale orcs that are up, then hit them with a full cooldowns cataclysm + seed explosions -> spam seed for a very reasonable chunk of damage. Affliction will still be worse at contributing to pale orc damage throughout the fight, and worse after the initial 20 second burst.

Wait for some sims for a better answer, but it looks promising to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    I did some very limited, very unscientific testing on PTR about affliction's aoe burst, and it is certainly viable for mythic tectus. My ~20 second burst as affliction was higher on just 3 targets than demo (even with 4 chaos waves).

As to technique, you can preseed the two tectuses (one SB'b), and any pale orcs that are up, then hit them with a full cooldowns cataclysm + seed explosions -> spam seed for a very reasonable chunk of damage. Affliction will still be worse at contributing to pale orc damage throughout the fight, and worse after the initial 20 second burst.

Wait for some sims for a better answer, but it looks promising to me.
    Well, I mean, Tectus is 10 targets, but yea ..

Pretty sure he's stepped down from raiding, could be wrong.
    Confirmed. Need new person to maintain this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    No I will still maintain. Working on new trinket list now for BRF and tier DPS gains.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    Your confirmation has been denied.

It's possible to quit raiding but still maintain a guide . Could be a confirmation still but no need for someone else to maintain.

Yes I did quit raiding. Had to go save the world. In the mean time BRF trinket list is up.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Yes I did quit raiding.
    Sorry to hear that Cabana.

Don't be sorry for anything ever.

Updated tier dps changes for 0-2-4 piece.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Yeah I guess I didn't have to make that assumption. We all know what happens when you make assumptions.

Quick question, my current 668 iLvl sims are now showing haste > mastery and Heroic T17 sims are as well. I did not see that changed in the original post, are others seeing this or just me? Wasn't sure if there was a break point somewhere that haste shot up over mastery. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkmamba View Post
    Quick question, my current 668 iLvl sims are now showing haste > mastery and Heroic T17 sims are as well. I did not see that changed in the original post, are others seeing this or just me? Wasn't sure if there was a break point somewhere that haste shot up over mastery. Thanks!
    Haste is roughly equal to Mastery on single target but quickly falls behind on multi-target, which is why Mastery is generally the preferred stat.

Yes I understand that. Before Mastery was slightly better than but equal to Haste, now my sims are showing Haste quite a bit ahead of Mastery, for a single target fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkmamba View Post
    Yes I understand that. Before Mastery was slightly better than but equal to Haste, now my sims are showing Haste quite a bit ahead of Mastery, for a single target fight.
    Not sure what your question is if you understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Yes, right now sb:haunt is superior on pretty much every encounter except possibly imperator due to length but my point is that it's justifiable to pick it under certain circumstances as a newer player who doesn't play at a 100% level. Rank 1 on twin ogron was demonic servitude during first 1-2 weeks ( good players are not loggingg blahblah kappa keepo, hopefully you get my point).
    1. Why is SB:Haunt doing less DPS than Servitude for my Simcraft (as well as the officially posted Simcraft with BiS and Set Bonus) on both Single and Multi Target? All guides say that SB:Haunt gets better with gear, but the latest simcraft doesn't say so, even in multi target and ilvl 690+.

2. What is the tier 5 talent that goes with SB:Haunt? I would assume Grimoire:Service for both single and multi Target if I follow the sims, but again is this accurate?

3. Anyone tested Grimoire:Sacrifice with SB:Haunt? Do you think it will have any potential after the buff?

This is my first post by the way. Would like to thank everyone who spends time here to help others.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Darkheart; 2015-02-01 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
    1. Why is SB:Haunt doing less DPS than Servitude for my Simcraft (as well as the officially posted Simcraft with BiS and Set Bonus) on both Single and Multi Target? All guides say that SB:Haunt gets better with gear, but the latest simcraft doesn't say so, even in multi target and ilvl 690+.

2. What is the tier 5 talent that goes with SB:Haunt? I would assume Grimoire:Service for both single and multi Target if I follow the sims, but again is this accurate?

3. Anyone tested Grimoire:Sacrifice with SB:Haunt? Do you think it will have any potential after the buff?

This is my first post by the way. Would like to thank everyone who spends time here to help others.

Cheers!
    Drain soul doesn't do much damage to begin with, so increasing the piddling damage by 25% isn't going to make it worth it. I will admit I haven't tested it, but on average drain soul itself hasn't been a significant source of damage to forego having a pet.