Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solsacra View Post
    The normalized ratios depending on gearset are still coming in @ anywhere from .7 to .8 for the three secondaries relative to strength, since strength is budgeted at half the rate on gems still, you'll see anywhere from 40% to 60% gains for gemming secondaries.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...m/90.html?dl=0

Just a quick sim of my character, regemmed most of the gear shown, in accordance to the reforge plots.
    Ok, thank you. At least your strength factor agrees with what I'm seeing on ptr unlike the ones I could get elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    So gemming strength is still bad at this point then? I suppose it would kind of make sense given that it's less than half as strong as our secondaries before the changes and only gets a 1.75x increase roughly for its input to wpndmg at least, which basic math would show isn't enough to make up for being less than half as strong before. Unless I'm just having a brain fart right now.
    It's not less than half as strong as our secondaries as such; strength has always been the strongest stat. It's just that you get a budget of 2 secondary stats for every primary stat on gems. As such, strength has to be worth at least double any secondary stat before it's worth gemming pure strength in red sockets. A simple 1.75 multiplier would have done that if the secondaries didn't increase by the same proportion. I didn't see anything to suggest that they did so was going to get busy with the bolds.

I'm still going to assume a haste of at least 40% will be preferable though, accounting for the fact we get proper haste from raid buffs now.

after stat squish and most gear to be real close to each other we could drop some tier bonus probably or go back to t154p not sure if its worth to keep that 4pt16 if its single target for 6.0 ds hits rly bad any thoughts?cant test on ptr since i cant copy my char atm

Quote Originally Posted by Solsacra View Post
    Empowered Divine Storm, which by the way is simply a low priority filler, just ahead of exorcism now

I was assuming, and I think it's what you mean... that instead of moving EmpDS up in priority when its about to fall off, in 6.02 we just let it fall off. Correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Ok, thank you. At least your strength factor agrees with what I'm seeing on ptr unlike the ones I could get elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not less than half as strong as our secondaries as such; strength has always been the strongest stat. It's just that you get a budget of 2 secondary stats for every primary stat on gems. As such, strength has to be worth at least double any secondary stat before it's worth gemming pure strength in red sockets. A simple 1.75 multiplier would have done that if the secondaries didn't increase by the same proportion. I didn't see anything to suggest that they did so was going to get busy with the bolds.

I'm still going to assume a haste of at least 40% will be preferable though, accounting for the fact we get proper haste from raid buffs now.
    Yeah I worded it poorly but it meant the same in the end for gemming.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Ret 584 ilvl, 39% haste, 68% mastery on ptr unbuffed. Seeing as multistrike isnt on any gear in SoO the stat priority will be the same. Nothing to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltentank19 View Post
    Ret 584 ilvl, 39% haste, 68% mastery on ptr unbuffed. Seeing as multistrike isnt on any gear in SoO the stat priority will be the same. Nothing to worry about.
    Except you want crit over mastery in pretty much all cases? That's in fact not the same.

So I'm somewhat unfamiliar with Simcraft. Are we gemming for Strength on Tuesday or are we gemming for Haste to 40% and then strength?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nukias View Post
    So I'm somewhat unfamiliar with Simcraft. Are we gemming for Strength on Tuesday or are we gemming for Haste to 40% and then strength?
    After the requisite amount of haste, we're gemming crit I think. Depends on which gear pieces you have I guess.

Hi guys, I usually can solo the zandalari warbringers as ret on the live server but for the life of me I cannot solo them on the ptr 6.02 and I dont understand why. My ilvl is not too terrible at 570 and again i have no issues on live soloing them.

Is it because i need to reforge all the gear again? Is it because of healing changes? to be honest i thought it would easier with hit expertise gone and not having to sit behind a mob.

Thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rygar4 View Post
    Hi guys, I usually can solo the zandalari warbringers as ret on the live server but for the life of me I cannot solo them on the ptr 6.02 and I dont understand why. My ilvl is not too terrible at 570 and again i have no issues on live soloing them.

Is it because i need to reforge all the gear again? Is it because of healing changes? to be honest i thought it would easier with hit expertise gone and not having to sit behind a mob.

Thank you
    How are you going to reforge anything in 6.0?

Thank you for your great question. Is this how you help people in the forums?

Deleted
    Thank you for your great question. Is this how you help people in the forums?
    When you've bumbled into a PTR without even bothering to read the patch notes, is there anything else that would do more good?

Still not helping ding dong

Still not helping ding dong
    Reforging is not in the game anymore. If you can't be asked to research at least that much basic knowledge about the game before jumping on and then asking why you can't do something you used to be able to do, it is no wonder you have no idea how to diagnose your own problem. And do not use name calling.

I thought reforging was staying till WoD but that was not the question. Go read my question does it say "Why I can't reforge in 6.0?"

You're obviously not getting it. You're wrong. Reforging is gone. Please stop with the passive aggressive language. We read your question just fine. You just do not have the understanding to know why it's a dumb question. Last time I'm helping you.

How are you guys helping me? I did not come here to start a fight... I get it reforging is gone but reforging we never the question.

If you wanted to help you could of said. Hey maybe you missed it but reforging is gone so that's not going to help you with the issue you have soloing the warbringern maybe you rotation is wrong ..... Some of us do not have 10 hours a day to play wow we actually have jobs and we are casual players so we use the forums for help.

So again I was not trying to start a forum fight over a game so I apologize and I will go somewhere else for help.

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I did get a reply in the ptr beta forums fyi. The zandalari warbringer got squished less than the players and its been reported as a bug. In fact while I was reading those forums I can't believe this is going live on Tuesday.

Again I apologize and Thank you.

so do I wanna gem pure STR in red gems? or STR/Crit everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDTF View Post
    so do I wanna gem pure STR in red gems? or STR/Crit everywhere.
    I think it's our current gemming but crit past 40% haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of mastery or whatever you were doing before.

I think it will be strength and crit for red gems and crit gems for yellow, After the 40% haste. Hope someone with more knowledge on the beta can confirm. I'm also curious what our gems that are expertise and mastery will turn into with hit and expertise gone.
    Last edited by bigitup; 2014-10-13 at 01:18 AM.