Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm glad I have a bunch of uncut gems on my alt. I'm sure the JC's will have fun today.

Ok so we do not have a consensum about the which off-piece tier should we use. I'm inclined to use either Helm of Protection Tier (will be Crit/Haste replacing the Parry/Haste) or Chest of Immerseus (Haste/Crit). The decision will imply in the number of sockets each item has to offer, and with that in mind, an Helm offer 1 gem slot/1 metagem slot and the Chest offer 3 gems slots.

Seems Chest, at my opinion, with no ellaborated math, will be the winner.

I'm open to suggestions. Thank you for reading.

Tier pieces: Helm (Haste/Mastery), Shoulders (Crit/Mastery), Chest (Haste/Mastery), Legs (Haste/Crit), Hands (Haste/Crit)

If you're below 40% Haste, best off-piece would likely be Haste shoulders from Protectors or Galakras. If you're healthily over 40% Haste, it's most likely the Dark Shaman chest (Mastery/Crit) since it dumps the most superflous Haste for the most Crit. If dropping a piece of Haste gear would bring you below 40%, the Immerseus chest (Haste/Crit) is probably the best option.
    Last edited by Chris Singer; 2014-10-14 at 06:15 PM.

Finished with enchants/gems, my stats right now are (ilvl 585, armory Galathil-Azralon):

Str: 1.621
    Stam: 1.879

Crit: 41,35% (813)
    Haste: 40,45% (809)
    Mastery: 36,68% (272)

Damage: 2.899-3.278

It is considering not using any kind of buffs, even Might/Kings, just Versatility.

Any consideration about stats/gear?

Is it now 40 % buffed or unbuffed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine with the raid buff, since you won't ever not have it anymore.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

pvpers op pls nerf

This thread is just confusing.

Raid buff is multiplicative, plus Thok's.... numbers didn't add up, but I'm tired. Got a Spriest and found out with HWF Thoks its like 670ish haste. Not sure its even possible to get that low. AMR tries to gem you like the plague and its not adding it up even close to right

so unless we have a divine crusader proc, do we only Divine Storm at 4+ targets?

I'm having the same problem with amr. Can't seem to get my haste nearly low enough. Granted I have haste on every piece nearly but still.

Why not just go for 50% then?

Because its mathematically inferior?

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    Take note that Wicked Vermilion Onyx (which was an Expertise/Haste gem in MoP) is now a red/yellow gem that gives +20 Haste (for those who's deciding which gear is BiS for their gearset.)
    Last edited by Kanael; 2014-10-15 at 01:11 AM.
    i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void

Precise rubies are also a pure haste gem. Rigid blues are pure crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    ^ Wickeds get honorable mention because IIRC the former BiS gearlist (I think it was Anaxie's, RIP) has no Expertise and recommended to gem for it instead.
    i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void

I'm one shotting these Ironmarch mobs here in Blasted Lands. Are these mobs super weak or are we super strong? I can't tell.

It's tuned for people in boosted 90 gear. Assuming you aren't 483, you are overgearing it.

Yeah, 569. I see.

Quote Originally Posted by decyphier View Post
    Are these mobs super weak or are we super strong?
    We're not. Not even close.

Going to be interesting once raiders start coming onto the forum this week after having experienced this for themselves.