Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Speaking of demo set bonuses, how does "Hand of Gul'dan has a 50% chance empower your inner demon, temporarily bringing your Metamorphosis form out even while you are not transformed." this work? What's the duration and what does that mean? Does your shadowbolt turn into ToC etc.. and does it cost fury or mana?
    A ghost looking meta from of yourself spawns and shoots several soul fires at the enemy target. I haven't looked at its behavior when you switch targets but I assume it acts as a guardian and switches targets when you do, just like the imp and doomguard.

15+ Year Old Account
    i´m just here to thank OP for the time he and others spent in doing this
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Everyone is "different" because it's all relative to you gear. In general for right now I'd say go for Int > Multistrike > Mastery > Crit >= Haste.
    I'm at 579, with 557 crit (30.22%), 255 haste (12.75%) and 754 mastery (30.59%). I have 6 red sockets and 1 blue socket, should I fill them up with haste gems, since my crit is already high, or should I go with mastery and int for red gems?

Quote Originally Posted by raythelightning View Post
    I'm at 579, with 557 crit (30.22%), 255 haste (12.75%) and 754 mastery (30.59%). I have 6 red sockets and 1 blue socket, should I fill them up with haste gems, since my crit is already high, or should I go with mastery and int for red gems?
    Considering everything is extremely close stat wise at the moment you're better off gemming with the secondary stats; ie: red = haste/mastery gems and blues = mastery/crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Considering everything is extremely close stat wise at the moment you're better off gemming with the secondary stats; ie: red = haste/mastery gems and blues = mastery/crit
    So int above all else isn't king anymore? My int is 1458 right now, still missing some gems, but isn't it more beneficial to go for more int?

On a second note, for enchantments, do I go for whichever is highest of my secondary stats? For example: do I go for pandaren's step or greater haste in boots?

Quote Originally Posted by raythelightning View Post
    So int above all else isn't king anymore? My int is 1458 right now, still missing some gems, but isn't it more beneficial to go for more int?

On a second note, for enchantments, do I go for whichever is highest of my secondary stats? For example: do I go for pandaren's step or greater haste in boots?
    Well right now with all the stat inflation and considering you still get double the stats for a secondary stat on gems it's worth to not gem int at the moment. And I'd always go with the mastery enchants over anything else if there was an option.

Deleted
    This is what I'm currently at, if you could suggest anything to change, that would be great.
    Checked on MrRobot, and it says to put all my red gems into haste and blue gems into haste + crit.
    Also, should I leave the bracers and cloak enchanted for mastery and crit or go for 12 int on both?

Can't post links, but lookup Evlithruldur on Mazrigos EU.

Deleted
    Stop fretting so much over stats. Obviously they matter to a degree, but not so much to get into a panic over. Go with Not's suggestion and focus more on your play than whether or not you should swap 5% crit for haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they change set bonuses but still no hotfix to Soul Fire?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    I'm sure it's not at the top of their priority list with bosses dying in less than a minute. It'll be fixed before WoD rolls around, no doubt.

1) New PTR versions are developed internally well before they're made public. How many times have the Devs commented about something, and then had to correct themselves that they're talking about something one or two builds ahead of the current PTR?

2) Flipping the two set bonuses is probably three minutes of work. With the Soul Fire bug they have to track down the cause of the bug, develop a fix, and package it into the next hotfix. One is a trivial task and the other is not. Besides, they don't have everyone dropping everything to all work on solving the same bug.

3) It's not a game breaking bug. It majorly upsets the usual Demo priority rotation, but I'm still doing competitive DPS for my gear/skill level, and honestly you always have to write off the month between patch and expansion launch as a crazy time where nothing really matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    1) New PTR versions are developed internally well before they're made public. How many times have the Devs commented about something, and then had to correct themselves that they're talking about something one or two builds ahead of the current PTR?

2) Flipping the two set bonuses is probably three minutes of work. With the Soul Fire bug they have to track down the cause of the bug, develop a fix, and package it into the next hotfix. One is a trivial task and the other is not. Besides, they don't have everyone dropping everything to all work on solving the same bug.

3) It's not a game breaking bug. It majorly upsets the usual Demo priority rotation, but I'm still doing competitive DPS for my gear/skill level, and honestly you always have to write off the month between patch and expansion launch as a crazy time where nothing really matters.
    Oh Demo for sure is still competitive, no argument there. Just seems to always happen where they fix something and break something else.

Oh Demo for sure is still competitive, no argument there. Just seems to always happen where they fix something and break something else.
    Picture the under-the-hood code of WoW as a machine. It's a very large and complex machine, with many interlocking parts and bits that perform multiple roles in different situations. It's not a machine that was designed and build in one go.

The original machine was created over 10 years ago. Since then it's been in a state of continual change where bits get yanked out, upgraded, or repurposed. Sometimes they build whole new sections, slap them on top, and hook them into the existing machine as best they can. There are kludges and jury rigs that have been used so long they're effectively core elements, but because of the accidental nature of their creation they're arranged in the clumsiest way possible. Many of the original builders have moved on, so there's no one who really knows where cable snaking off into the darkness goes and what will happen if you unplug it, or how the level marked Pull For Whistle actually works. Even small changes to any one bit can have unpredictable and far reaching effects, due to bits that no one knew were connected.

There was a time in Cataclysm when they tried to change it so that tanks wouldn't get vengeance from PvP damage. Somehow this caused the Ret Paladin's Seal of Truth to bug out ridiculously, such that they were doing 1,000,000 dps on raid encounters. How are those two things connected? I have no idea! But they obviously were, somehow.

At this point I'm never surprised by changes breaking things in unexpected and seemingly unrelated ways. Heck, this bug isn't even that unusual, it's just a simple "double application" problem. Well, obviously not that simple in operation, otherwise they'd have fixed it already. But conceptually it's simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Picture the under-the-hood code of WoW as a machine. It's a very large and complex machine, with many interlocking parts and bits that perform multiple roles in different situations. It's not a machine that was designed and build in one go.

The original machine was created over 10 years ago. Since then it's been in a state of continual change where bits get yanked out, upgraded, or repurposed. Sometimes they build whole new sections, slap them on top, and hook them into the existing machine as best they can. There are kludges and jury rigs that have been used so long they're effectively core elements, but because of the accidental nature of their creation they're arranged in the clumsiest way possible. Many of the original builders have moved on, so there's no one who really knows where cable snaking off into the darkness goes and what will happen if you unplug it, or how the level marked Pull For Whistle actually works. Even small changes to any one bit can have unpredictable and far reaching effects, due to bits that no one knew were connected.

There was a time in Cataclysm when they tried to change it so that tanks wouldn't get vengeance from PvP damage. Somehow this caused the Ret Paladin's Seal of Truth to bug out ridiculously, such that they were doing 1,000,000 dps on raid encounters. How are those two things connected? I have no idea! But they obviously were, somehow.

At this point I'm never surprised by changes breaking things in unexpected and seemingly unrelated ways. Heck, this bug isn't even that unusual, it's just a simple "double application" problem. Well, obviously not that simple in operation, otherwise they'd have fixed it already. But conceptually it's simple.
    I just think the whole process of nerfing classes at 90 did more harm than good.

I used Chaos Wave last week on the Oozes for Shamans and I got a huge Demonic Fury return. I talked to some more experienced Demo locks and apparently we have a Fury return mechanic if we deal killing blows while in Meta, just wondering how exactly that works?
    Last edited by Xandy; 2014-10-24 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    I used Chaos Wave last week on the Oozes for Shamans and I got a huge Demonic Fury return. Just wondering how exactly that works?
    Demonology gets a small amount of fury for killing blows while in demon form. You got a bunch of KBs on the oozes with your Chaos Wave.

100 fury per killing blow on targets that yield xp or honor.. A well timed Chaos wave on Shaman adds, Imm adds, Sha adds, Naz faithfuls, etc can be a nice DPS boost from all the free fury.

This along with Soul Consumption Glyph is a great combo for farming.

Awesome thanks for the info, it is pretty sweet if you can time it right

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Demonology gets a small amount of fury for killing blows while in demon form. You got a bunch of KBs on the oozes with your Chaos Wave.
    Even without the the Soul Consumption glyph? That's why I roflstoped meters in Shamans on the reset day. Man, was playing demo the whole ToT and did never notice that.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Even without the the Soul Consumption glyph? That's why I roflstoped meters in Shamans on the reset day. Man, was playing demo the whole ToT and did never notice that.
    Soul Consumption is not a DPS increase, just a utility glyph.