On some of the longer fights//fights with extra fury, we have to do a demonbolt set without dark soul. For those naked fury dumps, wouldn't it be better to do a 2-3 bolt dump right when the debuff falls off than to wait for the full 800?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    On some of the longer fights//fights with extra fury, we have to do a demonbolt set without dark soul. For those naked fury dumps, wouldn't it be better to do a 2-3 bolt dump right when the debuff falls off than to wait for the full 800?
    only if the 2nd debuff will fall off before DS comes off CD. Otherwise you should do a soulfire meta dump under weapon+ring procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shumjum View Post
    Ehh ye that isn't me but interesting to see your responses all the same.

My point was he holds off casting DB until he can do 4 in the opener, I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this method. He does get lucky on crits though.
    Look at his Kargath fight, and you can compare to my Kargath fight.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/hcJd3w8pLZTWyqa6#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=19
    vs
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/C4YZRmXvndLzVy1D#fight=12&type=damage-done&source=36

He does 3 cycles of doombolt in the same time it takes me to get off 4.
    It seems clear to me that it's really in your advantage if you get 2 DBs off at the start.

Deleted
    I think an exception to the above is if the fight will end soon, and delaying Demonbolt for Dark Soul will result in only getting one full cycle.

Pertinent 6.1 changes for Demo so far:
    • Grimoire of Service now summons a second demon for 25 seconds (up from 20 seconds).
    • Kil'jaeden's Cunning now has a 35-second cooldown (down from 1 minute).

KJC doesn't really affect us since I don't think anyone ever has taken KJC for Demo.

GoServ going up to 25 seconds will (likely) only put it more in line with the other talents multi-target. Could possibly make it edge out on single target, but considering we'll still be using Demonbolt (so far) GoSyn will still likely be the "best" Grimoire choice even if it's RNGcity.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So late to the party here but is this guide up to date? I have been scrolling back a few pages and got lazy so I thought I would ask.
    Yes it is....

Last edited by Woz; 2015-01-21 at 02:16 AM.
    Unless you think 2 days isn't updated enough. I may not update it instantly the moment someone comes up with a discussion, gotta let it take it's course!

What are you specifically asking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Been testing the normal encounters on Beta. If you have a couple warlocks you can kill trash packs in like 5 seconds with cataclysms into triple chaos wave, lol. Set bonus is yummy yummy yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post

- What we do with the exceeding fury? On mythic butcher i find miself in the situation where i'm over 800 fury, DB is off cooldown but DS is not ready yet. I can refresh Doom but what should i do? Cast some ToC or SF while waiting for DS or cast one unbuffed DB?

Thanks.
    I have been wondering about this type of situation too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Been testing the normal encounters on Beta. If you have a couple warlocks you can kill trash packs in like 5 seconds with cataclysms into triple chaos wave, lol. Set bonus is yummy yummy yummy.
    During beta when the 4p was 10% was hilarious.

Deleted
    Hey guys I feel pretty comfortable with demo after a week or so .....except aoe

Doesn't seem to be much conclusive information about it. From the bits I've got ...

Is it basically follow your single target rotation, when adds are coming felstorm, longer than 8/10 seconds double HoG, if up for less and dark would active double chaos wave then continue ST rotation?

Immolation aura/hell fire never used?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by souldrain View Post
    Hey guys I feel pretty comfortable with demo after a week or so .....except aoe

Doesn't seem to be much conclusive information about it. From the bits I've got ...

Is it basically follow your single target rotation, when adds are coming felstorm, longer than 8/10 seconds double HoG, if up for less and dark would active double chaos wave then continue ST rotation?

Immolation aura/hell fire never used?
    Why wouldn't you use Immo Aura/Hellfire ? I do sometimes when I'm capped on fury and I keep gaining fury so fast I can't spend it fast enough with ToC (like on Tectus last phase).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Using demon bolt my fury lasts 10 secs max and I don't know that's why I'm asking
    Last edited by mmocac6b391833; 2015-01-24 at 05:50 PM.

Anyone have an exact value for the time of flight of hand of guldan? After playing with the 4 peice on the ptr I kind of want a weak aura that counds down to when I need to hit my next HoG in order to maintain a two stack shadowflame.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zey View Post
    Anyone have an exact value for the time of flight of hand of guldan? After playing with the 4 peice on the ptr I kind of want a weak aura that counds down to when I need to hit my next HoG in order to maintain a two stack shadowflame.
    ~ 1.29 to 1.33 seconds; if your target is stationary for the most part.

I downloaded PTR. Where do you find the tier pieces?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I downloaded PTR. Where do you find the tier pieces?
    Big Tauren near the AH in Org.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Big Tauren near the AH in Org.
    FLASKATAUR

Ironically only sells the crap flasks

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Half of your demonbolts crit. Such skill wow, congrats on your lucky rng.

Considering you're missing potentially 2 or more Demonbolt casts, not so impressed.
    Yes, I know that I'm missing more than 2 DB's. Sometimes it's impossible to prevent me from making my thoughts a reality nonetheless how retarded they seems to be. Got pretty lucky there on the 3rd and 4th DB crit (+ MS Procc).
    I don't care about rankings and I admit that this 4DB Opener is just bad, but it's farm-content and I like to try something that just cross my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Caides View Post
    From previous experiences, it's usually better to cast 2 in the opener with CD's and while you have ring+prepull pvp trinket still active with SoN. This will also mean you get 2 DB cycles under Hero/Lust. The 2nd will be 4 DB's unless something stupid happens and you move. If you're glyphing IS I would still only do 3 in opener as I don't think you will reach fury for 4 before ring+pvp trinket expire.
    Yes, it's not viable. I've tried this the whole lockout this week even if I'm already knew that it's bad. It's a perfect example who lucky your dps can pull if your right casts crits - a bit ridiculous.

regards
    Last edited by raiox; 2015-01-25 at 01:27 PM.

Ran some funzies normal/heroic farm with another guild's alt group. I like how they roll ... I still had Fury from trash on a couple of the boss pulls. Being able to get in a 3rd DB with your normal opener does INSANE things for your burst, omg.

Also I need to practice the Cata rotation. Or, more specifically, what to do on Tectus at the end when my imp army from all the doom crits leaves me swimming in way more fury than I know what to do with.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Hello guys, im destro/demo lock! Can u please tell me which pets for demo i should use on certain fights? since it always ends up that my pet will die. Should i go with the imp on some fights?
    Which boss is still best to go with destro? kargath and imp maybe? maybe bracken?