Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Its the type of fight where I would say it could be very useful. Generally I feel the main hold back on it is the low fury timeframe once your passive is on cooldown and not proccing imps for you. With the amount of fury you gain from the adds that are always up, this is greatly minimized in the negative end and teh extra burst during transition could be beneficial.
    It's a long fight and basic Fury gen should never be an issue with adds in all phases. So mathematically, imp swarm is just inferior. And imps don't really provide burst damage, they're primary function is to generate fury. In transition phases as noted, fury gen is through the roof anyway, imp swarm doesn't significantly alter the timeframe to build up to a DB dump.

That said, I've tried both extensively (with and w/o) glyph. I don't really notice a difference overall, in damage or ability to burst on mages. My advice is do it based on what you think benefits your raid the most, I don't think it matters that much.

Any ideas yet of ideal offpiece? Looked at the first post in this thread and the BiS list, we still going with that and taking hands off Oregorger as offpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by Spelorzi View Post
    You do more Boss damage but less to the aparitions / warmages.
    I'm not sure how you're approaching the fight but I did all of our progression + kills since as Demo and have been near top damage on Boss(es), Apparitions and Warmages.

It's 100% Fury management the whole fight and knowing when to delay a DB cycle (odd I know) and when to blow your load, etc.

I explained how I went about the fight here in this post. It's a bit of a long winded explanation but basically boils down to this:

P1 - Demonbolts go into Imperator, save HoG charges after opener for the little arcane adds to generate Fury.

First transition - Enter the phase with 800+ (or as close to it as possible) Fury so you can DB the first Warmage instantly. Use the spawning adds to generate most of your Fury from HoG only but don't overdo your damage on them. Your DB CD will be off just as you are swapping to the second Warmage and you'll use 2-3 DB on it (without DS).

P2 - Build Fury off the boss and use all your DB cycles on the Fortified Aberration (should be able to easily top damage on them). Each add spawns as your DB debuff is wearing off. Sometimes you may not have the Fury to get 4 DB off onto the add just because of lolmovement in that phase but even with 3 casts it's enough to come out on top. On the last Fortified Aberration don't use DS with your DB and only cast 2 onto the add so you enter the second transition with full/close to full Fury.

Second transition - Instantly DB the first Warmage (getting Doom on all 3 of the adds if possible), continue transition as normal and use your DB on the second Warmage again in this phase.

P3 - DB debuff should be wearing off as the Replicating add is spawning, use all your DB's into the Replicating Aberration. Cast HoG on the little arcane adds since it will for sure splash on all of them + boss instead of hoping HoG will splash from boss to the adds. You'll have a DB cycle ready for every Fortified Aberration.

P4 - Splash HoG off the Twisted Nightmares and (obviously) all your DB go into Cho'gall.

This week I mucked up my DB cycles early into the fight so my later phase damage isn't as good but if you look at the breakdown of each add you'll see all 3 of the Locks topping/near top on everything.

If you can get used to the little intricacies of the fight and how you can benefit from them you'll do very well on Imperator as Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Assuming to take AD / Synergy / Cata?
    I personally use AD / Supremacy / DB. But you can use any grimoire and do fine, just like any other fight. And I've seen some good logs with Cata but it's used if there aren't any other classes that have more reliable AoE (a la Enhance Shaman for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I wouldn't say through the roof exactly. I do that.

My question was whether people experienced better results with imp swamp glyph in these kind of fights.
    Personally I use the glyph just out of preference but the other Locks in guild don't. We do the same thing and it will end up with the same results generally. I don't find myself ever Fury starved on the fight in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    with demo if u run DB u will top boss dmg at the end of the fight and most of the fight in general, but ur transition dmg will be super meh compared to destro. if u run demo cata u can be one of the top overall but same issue transitions and p2 in general u will be quite low.
    I don't know about the transition damage being that significantly worse for Demo vs Destro, honestly. Even before they buffed Demo I was doing more/equal damage on Warmages than the other 2 Locks as Destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I don't know about the transition damage being that significantly worse for Demo vs Destro, honestly. Even before they buffed Demo I was doing more/equal damage on Warmages than the other 2 Locks as Destro.
    I feel like they must be doing something wrong for that to be the case. Every 15s you can havoc 3 shadowburns off the little adds and any time you're not shadowburn cleaving you're casting chaos bolt from the embers returned from said shadowburns. Still, demo definitely a very strong choice on this fight overall. The only real 'problem' per se is you really do have to choose where to focus your damage — demonbolting the boss is at the expense of add damage and vice versa. Good explanation though, that should be really helpful for people uncertain of how to approach the fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    I feel like they must be doing something wrong for that to be the case. Every 15s you can havoc 3 shadowburns off the little adds and any time you're not shadowburn cleaving you're casting chaos bolt from the embers returned from said shadowburns. Still, demo definitely a very strong choice on this fight overall. The only real 'problem' per se is you really do have to choose where to focus your damage — demonbolting the boss is at the expense of add damage and vice versa. Good explanation though, that should be really helpful for people uncertain of how to approach the fight!
    Entirely possible that they hadn't been Havoc Sburning, but I think that was more out of fear of exploding the adds and wiping us because lolnogear.

But ya Demo is all about choices and where to dump your damage but it's an extremely useful spec for this fight. Guild is even complaining that we (the Locks) are killing the Replicating adds too fast so they don't even get their executes, etc on them. Especially with 3 of us playing Demo adds don't live long at all, it's quite funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakAtack View Post
    Any ideas yet of ideal offpiece? Looked at the first post in this thread and the BiS list, we still going with that and taking hands off Oregorger as offpiece?
    I would take the crit+mastery pants as offpiece, more mastery (should be better for demo?) and better for swapping to destruction. Also my character sims int>sp>mastery>crit>ms=>haste>versa for single target. (680ilvl)

Deleted
    Hi guys,

I'm new poster, but a somewhat long time lurker on the warlack parts of this forum. o/

My guild is currently progressing on Imperator mythic, and i have been running destro on the tries so far. I am not on add duty during the regular phases, and they discourage too much aoe spam due to an enhancement shammie gaining a bit single target boost on aoe off the adds.
    Anyways, was considering trying demo out for the added burst on apparations and boss dmg overall on the fight. And regarding the adds, just sticking to sucking fury during the fight. But my question is regarding the interrupt routine on the warmages. I am currently on dury for interrupts on a warmage during the intermission. Any suggestions on how to achieve this when i would like the Wrathguard out? Did you guys switch over to the observer for that phase, or run with it the entire time?

If I have overlooked something, please feel free to point it out Thanks.

Regards,
    Betjent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Betjent View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm new poster, but a somewhat long time lurker on the warlack parts of this forum. o/

My guild is currently progressing on Imperator mythic, and i have been running destro on the tries so far. I am not on add duty during the regular phases, and they discourage too much aoe spam due to an enhancement shammie gaining a bit single target boost on aoe off the adds.
    Anyways, was considering trying demo out for the added burst on apparations and boss dmg overall on the fight. And regarding the adds, just sticking to sucking fury during the fight. But my question is regarding the interrupt routine on the warmages. I am currently on dury for interrupts on a warmage during the intermission. Any suggestions on how to achieve this when i would like the Wrathguard out? Did you guys switch over to the observer for that phase, or run with it the entire time?

If I have overlooked something, please feel free to point it out Thanks.

Regards,
    Betjent
    Only way is to swap to felhunter/observer for transitions then swap back afterwards. Ideally you're not assigned to do kicks if you're going to play demo though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Only way is to swap to felhunter/observer for transitions then swap back afterwards. Ideally you're not assigned to do kicks if you're going to play demo though.
    Yup, that was what i thought. I will see if i can wiggle myself out of that task. Otherwise i might just stick with destro for that fight.

Thanks for the reply Furty.

Hm, brf is now soon coming out, and I've been wondering what speccs to run to what figh, which atm seems to be a demo dominated list. Under that, I've been wondering 2 things. A) any fights where u guys are planning to not run demonbolt ? B) will u be running demo on blast furnace? I've found demo to be less effective on fights with small adds, than destro when they keep comming..can ofc be me who's handling it wrong..
    Last edited by Neevs; 2015-01-29 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You can also spread some corruption around... Really Demonology Warlock is a politician spec, more corruption = more power.

But really, a couple of corruptions and HoGs tossed on adds and fury is the least of the issues, don't know why you have an issue with it really.
    I am supposed to help with warmage at that stage. Do not have the time for corruption the adds (Liked the politician thingy). I do drop a HoG or two and I do get some fury. I also do damage on the first warmage if I have pooled some fury. But second mage is low damage. Anyway, I guess we cannot have it all. We are #1 or #2 at fortified add, very good at the AOE with 2xCW etc. Just wondered if it would be a good idea to have the glyph, do not use the skill till the warmages (I guess as long as you do not use it, imp generation is the same) and just use it on 2nd warmage.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I just read Woz post. He does not whore at all with CW :P
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Because it doesn't make sense to

Hey guys,
    With BRF coming out next week and tier gear going to finally a part of our set up. How good is the 2 and 4 set, are they a massive dps increase for demo locks or just something nice. The reason I'm asking is I would rather give my tier to a person that would benefit more from it then a 2% dps increase for me. If this has already been discussed I'm sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoozing View Post
    Hey guys,
    With BRF coming out next week and tier gear going to finally a part of our set up. How good is the 2 and 4 set, are they a massive dps increase for demo locks or just something nice. The reason I'm asking is I would rather give my tier to a person that would benefit more from it then a 2% dps increase for me. If this has already been discussed I'm sorry
    The 2p is a flat damage increase, it works like a pet, spawning and spamming Soul Fire. It doesn't give you Fury though.

The 4p is broken imo, gain an extra charge of Gul'dan / CW as well as every Corruption has 2% chance to refund a HoG/CW stack. AoE it's gonna be ridiculous as well as with good procs on single target.

2p: Hand of Gul'dan has a 50% chance empower your inner demon, temporarily bringing your Metamorphosis form out even while you are not transformed.

4p: Hand of Gul'dan now has 1 additional maximum charge, and Corruption has a 2% chance to generate 1 charge of Hand of Gul'dan when dealing damage.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoozing View Post
    Hey guys,
    You want 4pc as soon as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    You want 4pc as soon as possible.
    Understanding we want the 4pc ASAP, do you think we should be dropping ilvl to achieve this?
    Dropping a 685 for 680 or even a 665.

My first thought of dropping to 680 would be a minimal loss for a larger gain.
    But i wondered how many items i could drop to 665 before the loss of stats would be too great.

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    Understanding we want the 4pc ASAP, do you think we should be dropping ilvl to achieve this?
    Dropping a 685 for 680 or even a 665.

My first thought of dropping to 680 would be a minimal loss for a larger gain.
    But i wondered how many items i could drop to 665 before the loss of stats would be too great.
    685 or even 691 in favour of 4P at 680 ilvl is worthwhile. Dropping 20+ ilevel isn't. No official math or anything for that statement just considering you lose 20+ ilevel worth of stats won't outweigh tier bonus.

Yea, I definitely would stick with at least 680.

Might be worth to drop 670 pieces for 665, however.

I keep having issues with my DPS, at 667 ilvl on H Mode Imp, I am barely keeping up with what I feel should be sufficient DPS at my iLvl. I am new to demo spec, and have mainly played Destruction for quite a while, offspeccing into Affliction in MoP.

I have read the guide, and I still seem to be performing sub par whilst doing pretty much all that is required of the fight and my class. I have quite a good set of gear, and the best enchants yet I still am performing WAY sub par to players with almost 10+ ilvls lower than me.

I see other players bursting for so much damage, and I feel like my demonic fury simply just doesnt regenerate quick enough to keep up with the damage the rest of the raid is putting out, and it is frustrating. Unsure what to do.

I could but it really starves you between your DBs if you don't get KBs with your CW and considering we run with an Enhance Shaman it's more boss damage to just let him Fire Nova and use HoG instead.