I'd say that Cataclysm is by far the choice for CMs. I did a couple last night with AD/Cata and would be the top DPS for trash, which is really the killer im CMs.

Meanwhile stil being able to do competitive DPS on bosses, approximately 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I'd say that Cataclysm is by far the choice for CMs. I did a couple last night with AD/Cata and would be the top DPS for trash, which is really the killer im CMs.

Meanwhile stil being able to do competitive DPS on bosses, approximately 20k.
    I have to say I really dislike Demonbolt right now, in my opinion, the build feels clunky. How does your ST compare with Cata? With the buff to ToC is this build actually in line with demonbolt (more or less)?

Yeah I am not too fond of Demon Bolt play either. The only thing I enjoy about it is casting MC Soulfire in caster; More enjoyable than Shadowbolt.

Cataclysm is by far the best spell Locks have gotten in awhile. I absolutely fucking love this talent, and will use it whenever I can.

Deleted
    I have massive mana issues when I play with Demonbolt and need to lifetap allot to keep it up. I know lifetapping will be reduced once I get more hp from gear, but atm it feels huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Yeah I am not too fond of Demon Bolt play either. The only thing I enjoy about it is casting MC Soulfire in caster; More enjoyable than Shadowbolt.

Cataclysm is by far the best spell Locks have gotten in awhile. I absolutely fucking love this talent, and will use it whenever I can.
    Eh I'll be using it in CMs, I don't like the massive cast time Demonbolt is definitely a single-target ability.
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2014-11-26 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Currently pulling around 21k dps on boss fights with ease. As destro i'm struggling to stay at 17. I think demo will be the way to go since affli is so unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTommy View Post
    Currently pulling around 21k dps on boss fights with ease. As destro i'm struggling to stay at 17. I think demo will be the way to go since affli is so unreliable.
    Whats your ilvl? ST as destro i cap 30k since the buffs hit @ 637i ilvl. General area 21-30k depending on how much i have to move. Loving those 72k chaos bolts/shadow burns. Will give demo a try to night and see how well i do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Whats your ilvl? ST as destro i cap 30k since the buffs hit @ 637i ilvl. General area 21-30k depending on how much i have to move. Loving those 72k chaos bolts/shadow burns. Will give demo a try to night and see how well i do with it.
    With or without Imp Swarm glyph?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

What's your ilvl? 665? I can not seriously believe you can do 30k on ST in any fight longer than 90 seconds in 630-640 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by zgollum View Post
    What's your ilvl? 665? I can not seriously believe you can do 30k on ST in any fight longer than 90 seconds in 630-640 ilvl
    With a flask, trinket proc + darksoul with 4 embers at the start of the fight and a group of geared players all ignoring the bubbles on the tree boss in everbloom. The boss melted. The Paly in the group was at 28k, me 30k, hunter 26k. Was a quick burn with a geared group. SO yeah, 30k.

Deleted
    With a flask, trinket proc + darksoul with 4 embers at the start of the fight and a group of geared players all ignoring the bubbles on the tree boss in everbloom. The boss melted. The Paly in the group was at 28k, me 30k, hunter 26k. Was a quick burn with a geared group. SO yeah, 30k.
    Not sure if you have noticed, but the boss takes 100% extra damage during that bubble phase.

So what trinkets are the 2 strongest out of the epic 660 ilvl proc trinket, 665 boe one, 3/3 upgraded DMC trinket and the 2 highmaul trinkets from heroic for this spec? I'm really unsure how good the pvp trinket is compared to the other BoE ones.

basing damage on a boss with %modifiers, fail

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    So what trinkets are the 2 strongest out of the epic 660 ilvl proc trinket, 665 boe one, 3/3 upgraded DMC trinket and the 2 highmaul trinkets from heroic for this spec? I'm really unsure how good the pvp trinket is compared to the other BoE ones.
    Going into raids your best bet will be the DMC trinket and Copeland's Clarity (if you're so lucky to have one). Otherwise if you're an Alchemist, that trinket is pretty strong going into raids and otherwise Coagulated Genesaur Blood from Everbloom is going to be best.

Going into raids your best bet will be the DMC trinket and Copeland's Clarity (if you're so lucky to have one). Otherwise if you're an Alchemist, that trinket is pretty strong going into raids and otherwise Coagulated Genesaur Blood from Everbloom is going to be best.
    Hmm I wasnt that interested in the DMC and Alchemy trinket just cause of them being main stat instead of a secondary. I have Heroic Coagulated Blood and Ragewing Firefang. Was probably just going to keep those though I am alchemy so I might give the trinket a try.

So far I am seeing demonbolt still be my top damage source with one good dump as long as I stack it with copelands. If I get a second full dump it pulls way ahead but if you don't get that dump your parse goes to shit. I may buy sandman before raid starts but Genesaur isn't awful. With copelands I feel like glyph of dark soul isn't your friend. Cata vs db on 5 man's can go either way depending on boss vs trash dps. I do feel weak aoe without mf. But only compared to destro Cata or cr. Just don't get chaos locked!

ahhahaha, nice dps counting, i hope the fact that boss takes double damage make you feel really good about your skill.

You forget Doomguard (the cooldown) damage. It is consistenly extremely high as demo. Also, do you feel like SF being a bit low?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    You forget Doomguard (the cooldown) damage. It is consistenly extremely high as demo. Also, do you feel like SF being a bit low?
    Yeah, Doomguard, double AD, even Imp Swarm burst massively inflates Demos damage on short fights. Heroic dungeon bosses are a shit metric for balance, and epeening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, Doomguard, double AD, even Imp Swarm burst massively inflates Demos damage on short fights. Heroic dungeon bosses are a shit metric for balance, and epeening.
    Exactly, I see people posting numbers and I want to tell them to wait a few days for raids.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.