Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    You can still get 3 Demonbolts in your opener without Service.
    True, i able to shoot 3 dbolt with around 6-10 second left on my DS&CC, and lining up synergy with dbolt should be good, gonna try it on tonight raid

Btw anyone have answer about sandman pouch vs draenic philosopher stone?
    I think the alchemy trink is underrated but then again im not good at theorycrafting
    Last edited by Clovedoper; 2014-12-26 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clovedoper View Post
    True, i able to shoot 3 dbolt with around 6-10 second left on my DS&CC, and lining up synergy with dbolt should be good, gonna try it on tonight raid

Btw anyone have answer about sandman pouch vs draenic philosopher stone?
    I think the alchemy trink is underrated but then again im not good at theorycrafting
    If you play GoDS the Alchemy trinket is going to be nice since you'll have it up for every DS. If you have an upgraded version of Sandman's you'll want to be using that, however, as it has a respectable amount of passive int and a meaty crit proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clovedoper View Post
    i watched his youtube from his PoV he used cata with synergy, i also watched yours using cata+synergy too on tectus which made me curious about it
    To my knowledge he hasn't posted a Mythic Ko'ragh kill video? I think he forgot to record it.

Watching the official Method kill video he most certainly is using Demonbolt, watch the fat orc from about 30s onwards, he casts 3 Demonbolts having done a delayed opener.

Regardless, I still prefer Synergy in all situations. Zagam over at Icy Veins forums did some sims and whilst all 3 come out close, Synergy came out on top in all situations with multiple targets. Plus you can use Synergy as your own buff. It's awesome.

I stated this in the Destruction thread, but they really should give Synergy to Destruction and Affliction when speccing Servitude. It's just stupid having a 100% useless talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    To my knowledge he hasn't posted a Mythic Ko'ragh kill video? I think he forgot to record it.

Watching the official Method kill video he most certainly is using Demonbolt, watch the fat orc from about 30s onwards, he casts 3 Demonbolts having done a delayed opener.

Regardless, I still prefer Synergy in all situations. Zagam over at Icy Veins forums did some sims and whilst all 3 come out close, Synergy came out on top in all situations with multiple targets. Plus you can use Synergy as your own buff. It's awesome.

I stated this in the Destruction thread, but they really should give Synergy to Destruction and Affliction when speccing Servitude. It's just stupid having a 100% useless talent.
    oh my god i mean twins !! hahahaha x_x

yeah ima gonna try synergy tonight on ko'ragh thanks

Deleted
    I started messing around with Synergy on my last HC farm, and indeed, i started hitting noticably bigger numbers. I usually ran with Supremacy (switching to Service for Tectus).
    The 15% buff seemed to line up nicely with Demonbolt debuff coming off. Let me tell you, Dark Soul + Synergy buff + Trinkets and an intellect pot during the bolt dump... The numbers, mates, almost brought a tear to my eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking of using my alchemy trinket(620) over sandman's pouch (640) the alch trinket sims better

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    You can still get 3 Demonbolts in your opener without Service.
    Hm. I haven't tried it without since raids started. Will have to look into that, if so Synergy is most definitely a +1 over the others.

Edit:

Interesting. Was more than able to with 3 lifetaps weaved in but that was without raid buffs so it would likely be 2 with the haste buff and all.
    Last edited by Woz; 2014-12-26 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Hm. I haven't tried it without since raids started. Will have to look into that, if so Synergy is most definitely a +1 over the others.

Edit:

Interesting. Was more than able to with 3 lifetaps weaved in but that was without raid buffs so it would likely be 2 with the haste buff and all.
    I've been experimenting with an opener where I pop berserking right at the start with imp swarm and the rest of my cds just before the 2nd HoG, then soul fire once and go into meta. This way you can potentially fit in 3 demonbolts and still be able to use DS glyph. Not sure how good it is yet and if there are better sequences though, I very much dislike the life tap.

Deleted
    I've just been adding in 2 to 3 more fillers (with Imp Swarm) and it does the job. Delays Doom a bit but meh.

Reasking, still not sure:

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    I've been discussing with a guildmate Demo and he insists that Haste is the most valuable stat until you get to 10% Haste then it becomes the least valuable. Something about the Demonbolt debuff falling off and being able to do DBolt every 40s... is there any theorycrafting I can look at pertaining to this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11674517557 - It is mentioned in this guide but I don't see it really mentioned elsewhere.

I think he just doesn't get the part where Demonbolts debuff also shortens with more haste so it should not make much of a difference unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    I think he just doesn't get the part where Demonbolts debuff also shortens with more haste so it should not make much of a difference unless I'm missing something.
    That's the point. His guild mate is implying that getting enough haste to reduce the debuff to 40s is optimal. I guess if you have unglyphed DS it'd go:

0:00 - pop CDs
    0:20 - DS is just falling off and you've recently finished your last demonbolt
    1:00 - demonbolt debuff falling off, pop second DS
    1:20 - DS falling off, demonbolt debuff starting
    2:00 - DS and trinket are up again for another demonbolt phase

Deleted
    You can't cast Demonbolt for 20s straight. Takes less than 8 to cast four and building to and spending a fifth isn't optimal.

With 10% haste from gear plus the 5% haste raid buff, your DB debuff lasts 34.6s and your DB casts would be 1.73s. I suppose if you were super-aware of your debuff, that could result in 4x DBs every 40s. I'm not particularly sure what that gains you, though, or even if you can build that much Fury in that small of a timeframe. Unglyphed DS will never be able to cover every DB burn, and at 40s total intervals you're going to miss one every ~three minutes or so while glyphed.

I dunno, off the top of my head it doesn't seem like any sort of magic number.

You are certainly able to get 4 DB off every 40s but it's far from optimal. It was an idea that got played around with a ways back during early WoD/late Beta testing but wasn't something that was feasible for long term DPS since DS is just too good to not use in conjunction with DB regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    That's the point. His guild mate is implying that getting enough haste to reduce the debuff to 40s is optimal.
    The debuff is by default 40s.

With AD and GoDS you can juuuuuust about cast 4 DB with DS every time it comes off cd. If not right when, very soon thereafter.

Also, how are people getting 3 DB off in their opener? I can only manage to get 2. Maybe I'm starting to cast them too soon though. I'm just worried about my pre-pot wearing off before I get them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    With AD and GoDS you can juuuuuust about cast 4 DB with DS every time it comes off cd. If not right when, very soon thereafter.

Also, how are people getting 3 DB off in their opener? I can only manage to get 2. Maybe I'm starting to cast them too soon though. I'm just worried about my pre-pot wearing off before I get them out.
    Weave a Lifetap or two into your opener during meta, so say between Demonbolts, and it allows you to generate the last bit of fury for the 3rd DB.

Weave a Lifetap or two into your opener during meta, so say between Demonbolts, and it allows you to generate the last bit of fury for the 3rd DB.
    Is this using imp swarm or no?

I see. It's basically just stalling for Corruption/Imp ticks. Makes sense.

It wouldn't be nearly as annoying if Meta didn't have that pointless cd. That way we could just pop in to cast Doom and right back out to generate more Fury without then having to wait for the cd and missing our proc windows in the process.

Actually, now that I've tested it, we don't start passively losing fury in Meta until about 8 seconds in, so in theory we could pop Meta with say, 7 seconds left on the pull timer and just apply Doom first thing. We'd lose a pre-cast SF sure, but it might things less of a hassle.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2014-12-28 at 06:05 AM.

Deleted
    I've got sandman's 640, shards of nothing 670 and the pvp trinket, which 2 trinkets would be better?