I was looking for that settings to adjust delay between turning on and off skills, and after finding it, couldn't come with a counter argument as to why not be using it as default. Using burning rush and applying that doom without wasting 50 fury on a ToC accidentally feels natural again.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with this yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypherr View Post
    I cant seem to find the post from somewhere in this forum. But what do you guys do for an opener? I don't wanna use the cast macro.
    demo's opener can be a bit annoying coz you have to cast a lot of different spells, its something you need to get used to especially if you're used to playing destro or afflic as it is very bloated in comparison and as Woz said the opener is on page 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Whenever I want to get a class to the same level as my main, I queue LFR over and over and over. Last expac I would queue ToT LFR part 1 over and over for weeks. It was a good place to learn because it had a single target fight, an add fight, and a council fight. Play all three specs over and over to hone your muscle memory so decisions like tapping on the move and using your circle and so forth are second nature. Recently I've spent many hours queuing Kargath on a few toons. Bottom line is getting fluent in any spec does not come immediately and it's down to you to put in the reps.
    This is a great idea, and it has been working for me and I'm sure many others who prefer to play the other two specs for this class.

I too am guilty of having played both Afflic / Destro since WoTLK in both PVE and PVP environments. Demo has never appealed to me, but now it seems to be quite viable in raids. It shows on the meters that I don't really understand it, and I think that running these low pressure environments are great, especially with the new tier of raid content coming next week.

Well i did what was suggested and spent a couple more hours on the dummy and then took my newly learned Demo spec into LFR, only fights i didnt do were kargath and butcher. I managed between 17.5 and 23k depending on the fights which isnt awful but with a 658 ilvl i expect a little more.

But for only taking my first look at the spec a few hours ago im happy with it for now.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2015-01-30 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I was looking for that settings to adjust delay between turning on and off skills, and after finding it, couldn't come with a counter argument as to why not be using it as default. Using burning rush and applying that doom without wasting 50 fury on a ToC accidentally feels natural again.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with this yet?
    Yes, dropping out of Meta right after I enter it, and not being able to go back into Meta for the entire duration of my DS.

Turned it back off after that raid and haven't looked back.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I don't think the naked trinket method is very accurate. Diminishing returns, coscaling, etc. I did some sims on the trinkets with gear on.

[mythic brf trinkets] > Stone of Fire > Mythic Runestone > [heroic brf trinkets] > [mythic SoN]

edit: details. 450 sec fight, single target, patchwork, elite. Gear was the Mythic profile with trinket swaps. 2 trinkets at a time, with all the combinations, pretty easy to get a ranking with a matrix.
    Last edited by Joryy; 2015-01-30 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    I don't think the naked trinket method is very accurate. Diminishing returns, coscaling, etc. I did some sims on the trinkets with gear on.

[mythic brf trinkets] > Stone of Fire > Mythic Runestone > [heroic brf trinkets] > [mythic SoN]

edit: details. 450 sec fight, single target, patchwork, elite. Gear was the Mythic profile with trinket swaps. 2 trinkets at a time, with all the combinations, pretty easy to get a ranking with a matrix.
    Yeah I agree that naked trinket isn't the most effective way of simming them but there won't ever be a "most accurate" way of simming them since gear that is currently equipped can make stat values change so no one sim will be the best way to sim.

Honestly I think the best option would just be a BiS gear sim, testing combinations of trinkets. It'll give a clearer picture than a naked sim, but at the same time I think emphasis needs to be on the individual to sim their own toon to really know for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Honestly I think the best option would just be a BiS gear sim, testing combinations of trinkets. It'll give a clearer picture than a naked sim, but at the same time I think emphasis needs to be on the individual to sim their own toon to really know for sure.
    I mean it's pretty intuitive just by looking at them. I don't think any crazy combinations of sims need to be done to determine what trinkets are valuable and what's not. The naked sims are a good point of reference.

I mean it's pretty intuitive just by looking at them. I don't think any crazy combinations of sims need to be done to determine what trinkets are valuable and what's not. The naked sims are a good point of reference.
    Same with me, the only thing that's debatable is the new Alchemy trinket vs the Highmaul trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Same with me, the only thing that's debatable is the new Alchemy trinket vs the Highmaul trinkets.
    Well alchemy trinket won't actually be out until 6.1, so there's that to consider progression-wise. But yeah, more/different sims aren't going to show us anything we don't already know. The trinkets are all good and there's not much difference, but if you go destro as offspec you should avoid Darmac's.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    alch trink got nerfed, its passive versatility now
    Oh hey it did, when did that happen....Hm. Definitely won't be as good now.

Mostly true, except for the SoN. My full-gear sims put mythic SoN closer to 670 Runestone than 680 blackrock trinkets, whereas the naked one have it much higher.

Edit: also the 680 Stone is fire was far ahead of the 680 BRF ones, but those were pre-stone nerf.
    Last edited by Joryy; 2015-01-31 at 12:49 AM.

pre-nerf the 680 stone was behind the 680 brf's..all 3. now its even farther behind. Even before it was posted before i was thinking the same today it would be cool if over the weekend someone could sim the trinket combos using the 680 brfs, 695 dut and gsr(progression obv) and the 685 shard,qr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post

when you were doing this what was the best 'combo' you found, keep in mind progression purposes and not counting the mythic bmc

What's the go-to multi dot addon at the moment? I kind of like what sparkuggz is running here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBW-614urLo

Quote Originally Posted by Cardio32 View Post
    What's the go-to multi dot addon at the moment? I kind of like what sparkuggz is running here:

He uses a combination of Weakauras (I think, or TellMeWhen) and Shadowed Unit Frames. Shadowed modifies the boss frame and makes it easy to see your DoTs like he has it set up there.

Bah that's annoying, been farming like crazy and bought savage blood so I was sure I had everything ready to craft it as soon as 6.1 hit.. was all ready annoyed abit that 6.1 didn't hit as brf was launched, now it's uncirtan if it'll be worth it

Had bad luck with trinkets (got cc and SP 3/3 )and from what I saw SoD was best til mythic.. if hc are better now I've wasted my time

Deleted
    Well, at least we don't have to worry about that being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardio32 View Post

Shadows Unit Frames. I picked it up back in MOP at some point, at the time wishing that I could have the boss frames without the rest of it, but I've grown to get used to it over the years. Incredibly useful on multi-boss encounters.

when you were doing this what was the best 'combo' you found,
    Mythic Gorens and Darmacs are going to be your 'best 2 obtainables.' Now that the stone has been nerfed, you can probably just go by intuition.

I want to link you to my sim results, but my account is still too new to post links.

I used mythic highmaul gear with 4pieces of heroic brf tier, which should be a decent approximation of progression gear.

The 680 and 685 trinkets are so close that it basically doesnt matter which ones you get.
    But, for the anal retentive, my sims had Darmacs and SoF as the top two, WoZ has Darmacs and QR. Probably the result of using slightly different gear. They're close enough that you'll have to sim your own gear.
    Last edited by Joryy; 2015-01-31 at 09:55 PM.