Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    It isnt half decent advise. Its totally and utterly pointless advise. Im very much aware how important it is to be able to choose when and how and why i go into meta, but that isnt why i want the macro. Its insane how the lack of complete udnerstanding of the issue make it seem like its me being an ass. I must take it upon myself i guess, not being able to explain propor the reason behind the need for it, and that is why you guys are adamant on your "just hurr durr l2p" standpoint, and for that im sorry.

I dont want/need to be told why something else is important/better/smarter/tastes awesome, i was just wondering why it didnt work. If anyone had one that was working or had an idea to fix mine.

If i wanted to discuss the need for the macro, i wouldnt have stated the EXACT opposite in my first post..

Seemingly it just cant be done, and ill ahve to like some pleb, accept the fact that when a trinket proc, ill have to pay attention to the end of my cast so i can pop Meta, rather than be able to spam a kay while noticing boss timers/room/my raid/my dog/my kid/anything else than my cast-bar. But its cool team team, thanks to the ones that tried to help. But im not even surprised the warlock community ends this simple question in a debate on whoms the best at pressing buttons, thats the exact reason i didnt want to go here before trying every other option.

Love
    Hmm,
    I used -
    Code:
    #showtooltip Demonbolt
    /cast [nostance] Metamorphosis
    /cast Demonbolt
    It never failed me or caused any unexpected results. If you replace Demonbolt with Soulfire, it should work. Dietrik's one is about the same but this one is simpler so maybe there's a difference.

On the macro talk, I think people are silly about refusing any sort of automation. There's always the assumption it's to save keybinds, but it doesn't need to be about that. I used the above Demonbolt macro whenever I used Demonbolt AND I had a Meta button keybinded. If I were to do the same with Soulfire, I would have Soulfire normal, Soulfire Meta and a Meta button well keybinded and memorized, which wouldn't even be that hard with Demonic Servitude which has a spot open.

Macros save split seconds and make it so you don't need to press certain things in sequence during the fight, while you can easily still have each of those buttons macro'd. If you mix them up during a fight or something cause you get confused easily, well that's a personal issue.
    Macros shouldn't be used to save keys, they should be used to cast intuitive automated sequences, particularly with non-gcd abilities (which can be instant but will always have a delay if done manually).
    Last edited by Allyrion; 2015-03-01 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calz View Post
    I've tested with a castsequence macro ( /castsequence Metamorphosis, Soul Fire ) for 10 minutes on target dummies now and it hasn't failed once. Is it consistently failing for you?
    I think the problem is casting the spell within the last part of a previous cast... Thats why Gum is having the issue, spamming the button.

Maybe a /stopcasting at the start will help?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allyrion View Post
    On the macro talk, I think people are silly about refusing any sort of automation. There's always the assumption it's to save keybinds, but it doesn't need to be about that. I used the above Demonbolt macro whenever I used Demonbolt AND I had a Meta button keybinded. If I were to do the same with Soulfire, I would have Soulfire normal, Soulfire Meta and a Meta button well keybinded and memorized, which wouldn't even be that hard with Demonic Servitude which has a spot open.

Macros save split seconds and make it so you don't need to press certain things in sequence during the fight, while you can easily still have each of those buttons macro'd. If you mix them up during a fight or something cause you get confused easily, well that's a personal issue.
    Macros shouldn't be used to save keys, they should be used to cast intuitive automated sequences, particularly with non-gcd abilities (which can be instant but will always have a delay if done manually).
    Most of my macros are things like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [talent:7/1,talent:5/1][talent:7/2,talent:5/1] Summon Wrathguard; [talent:7/1,talent:5/2][talent:7/2,talent:5/2] Summon Felguard; [talent:7/3,talent:5/1] Summon Terrorguard; [talent:7/3,talent:5/2] Summon Doomguard; Summon Felguard

I hate the flyout menu on my bars, or at least using them. Though i do have it for the occasion that i need it like an occasional different pet... This is more or less all of the permanent demons i want to summon depending on what talents i have selected.

I think the first one can be simplified to one condition with notalent:7/3.

I stopped combining abilities some time ago, apart from the occasional one with a trinket in.
    Last edited by Dietrik; 2015-03-01 at 07:04 PM.

Deleted
    The big difference is that Demonbolt can only be cast in Meta, hence it doesn't run into what is assumed to be an issue with spell queueing. I tested the castsequence macro proposed by Calz, but as expected it will go into Meta, cast one soul fire and then exit Meta. After this there is the 10 second cd on meta so the button doesn't do anything during that time. On the other hand it would be enough to pop you into meta and start casting the first soul fire, so I guess you will save that fraction of a second, though you have to move to your normal soul fire button while the first soul fire is casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    I think the problem is casting the spell within the last part of a previous cast... Thats why Gum is having the issue, spamming the button.

Maybe a /stopcasting at the start will help?
    I was spamming the macro whilst casting another spell (shadow bolt or soul fire outside meta) and it worked perfectly fine every time. Whenever the cast finished, the macro instantly entered meta and started casting soul fire. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you mean though.

I'm thinking it could have something to do with the custom lag tolerance setting (Interface --> Combat).

It may well be the lag tolerance setting, try reducing it... might affect gameplay in other ways but may fix this problem.

Deleted
    So we are about to progress on mythic Maidens, and i wanner know what to take, Cata, DB or Servitude with service

Deleted
    - hey, just quick simple thank you for the guide. Helped me out a lot.

Well, last night was a good night. We killed Flmaebender in 10 pulls and then Gruul in 17 pulls, for first time both :O

So, in Kromog tonight, Cataclysm or not? Keep some CW for the hands or not?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Well, last night was a good night. We killed Flmaebender in 10 pulls and then Gruul in 17 pulls, for first time both :O

If your open to changing specs all together , destro is quite strong here. Having 3 hunters helps though.

As to your actual questions, if demo go with whatever give your raid most trouble. Db, service/service/cata are all good for different phases of the fight

Deleted

Cataclysm is superior for hands, pop DS in casterform, cataclysm as many hands as you can and then meta form chaoswave spam (4-set bonus <3).. Win \o/

Ofc, depends how much dps you have on hands already, you can't destroy them before Kromog has stopped casting aoe

Am referring to Mythic ofc
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Question about stat weights, would crit in the current situation pull ahead of haste? Since the majority of our damage will now come from soul fires, is crit worth more than haste?

So, I just started playing Warlock last week, got to 645 ilvl so far, armory.

And I have problems doing dps really, don't have any logs (sorry), but I tend to pull about 17-20k-ish dps ST with DB, and like no dps as GoServ/Serv, think it is about 13-15k.

DB "rotation":
    Pre-cast Soulfire
    Doomguard/Terrorguard
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Corruption
    Shadow Bolt
    Dark Soul, Orc racial
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Metamorphosis
    Doom
    2 Demonbolts

Then keep up Corruption/Doom, using Hand of Gul'Dan on CD and casting Soulfire/Shadowbolt as filler, then at 850 pop Dark Soul/Racial if up and toss out 4 DBs. So I am pretty much never in Meta form except when I dump in 4 DBs, using all my Soulfire procs in Orcform.
    This net me at about 17-20k dps, guess I fail at keeping up Corruption/Doom at times, and that is the times when dps is lower. But got WA for it, so that rarely happens.

As GoServ/Serv:
    Precast Soulfire
    Grimoire of Service (Felguard)
    Dark Soul, Orc racial
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Corruption
    Shadowbolt
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Metamorphosis
    Doom
    Soulfire (with Molten Core)

Then continue with keeping up debuffs, casting Shadowbolts, using Soulfires in Orc form when at +5 Molten Cores, or jump into Meta form if high Demonic Fury and dump them there while keeping up Corruption with Chaos Wave (if it is about to go out, while I am in Meta).
    And this puts me at about 13-15k dps, no idea why, perhaps my gear isn't good enough for it? Or the most likely answer - I suck?

The thing is, I really want to maximize my dps as Lock, as I rerolled from Rogue to help my guild out (we really need ranged, and got no locks, so seemed like a good choice, and the class looks really really fun). And I will jump into BRF when I get my dps up high enough (and ilvl to about 660-670 as that is when my dps will be good enough), I should atleast be doing 35k+ asap.

Now, I don't know if around 20k is low ST dps as a 645 lock, but I feel it is low.
    Can see if I can get some logs on Wednesday when I will get a lovely boost trough BRF normal by my guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Anyone has a link to a good heroic blast furnace log as GoSyn/Cata without the 4p bonus? Or how to track 4p procs with WCL? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=182087/...f-guldan-ready this seems to be the 4p trigger but it doesnt seem to appear on every 4p log

I feel like my damage is poor, but all the post 6.1 top logs on WCL use the 4P (I don't have it) so I can't really compare them to mine when they have CW as their first damage source by a mile and insane numbers of HoG/CW casts :/
    Last edited by mmoca4fdc6f268; 2015-03-02 at 12:59 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    So, I just started playing Warlock last week, got to 645 ilvl so far, armory.

And I have problems doing dps really, don't have any logs (sorry), but I tend to pull about 17-20k-ish dps ST with DB, and like no dps as GoServ/Serv, think it is about 13-15k.

DB "rotation":
    Pre-cast Soulfire
    Doomguard/Terrorguard
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Corruption
    Shadow Bolt
    Dark Soul, Orc racial
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Metamorphosis
    Doom
    2 Demonbolts

Then keep up Corruption/Doom, using Hand of Gul'Dan on CD and casting Soulfire/Shadowbolt as filler, then at 850 pop Dark Soul/Racial if up and toss out 4 DBs. So I am pretty much never in Meta form except when I dump in 4 DBs, using all my Soulfire procs in Orcform.
    This net me at about 17-20k dps, guess I fail at keeping up Corruption/Doom at times, and that is the times when dps is lower. But got WA for it, so that rarely happens.

As GoServ/Serv:
    Precast Soulfire
    Grimoire of Service (Felguard)
    Dark Soul, Orc racial
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Corruption
    Shadowbolt
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Metamorphosis
    Doom
    Soulfire (with Molten Core)

Then continue with keeping up debuffs, casting Shadowbolts, using Soulfires in Orc form when at +5 Molten Cores, or jump into Meta form if high Demonic Fury and dump them there while keeping up Corruption with Chaos Wave (if it is about to go out, while I am in Meta).
    And this puts me at about 13-15k dps, no idea why, perhaps my gear isn't good enough for it? Or the most likely answer - I suck?

The thing is, I really want to maximize my dps as Lock, as I rerolled from Rogue to help my guild out (we really need ranged, and got no locks, so seemed like a good choice, and the class looks really really fun). And I will jump into BRF when I get my dps up high enough (and ilvl to about 660-670 as that is when my dps will be good enough), I should atleast be doing 35k+ asap.

Now, I don't know if around 20k is low ST dps as a 645 lock, but I feel it is low.
    Can see if I can get some logs on Wednesday when I will get a lovely boost trough BRF normal by my guild.
    Hi here is a couple of pointers.

If you enjoy demonbolt that's okay, the difference at lower gear levels isn't that much at all

You should not be casting HoG on CD, only if you have one charge and another coming off cooldown within 5 seconds.

One tip to carry with you is you will always have time to cast 2 of any spell in between hog casts(providing no movement), so 1 hog, then maybe a corruption refresh and a shadowbolt before the next, or 2 shadow bolts even.

I hope you use Dark soul glyph, with a 1 minute CD and 2 charges, you should refrain from ever casting demonbolt without this buff up, it is simply too important... only at later gear levels with increased haste will you find the DB debuff is gone way before DS is off cd. If you find yourself at the appropriate level of demonic fury to unleash 4 demonbolts but Darksoul is still 10 or so seconds, it is more beneficial for you to wait and cast together.

save up to 800 fury, not 850! you will only be using excess to refresh Doom and it is important that you don't refresh your DoTs too early! Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaught View Post
    Hi here is a couple of pointers.

If you enjoy demonbolt that's okay, the difference at lower gear levels isn't that much at all

You should not be casting HoG on CD, only if you have one charge and another coming off cooldown within 5 seconds.

One tip to carry with you is you will always have time to cast 2 of any spell in between hog casts(providing no movement), so 1 hog, then maybe a corruption refresh and a shadowbolt before the next, or 2 shadow bolts even.

I hope you use Dark soul glyph, with a 1 minute CD and 2 charges, you should refrain from ever casting demonbolt without this buff up, it is simply too important... only at later gear levels with increased haste will you find the DB debuff is gone way before DS is off cd. If you find yourself at the appropriate level of demonic fury to unleash 4 demonbolts but Darksoul is still 10 or so seconds, it is more beneficial for you to wait and cast together.

save up to 800 fury, not 850! you will only be using excess to refresh Doom and it is important that you don't refresh your DoTs too early! Hope this helps.
    Thanks a bunch for the tips!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I hope I'm misunderstanding the HoG 2 stack thing and not just a total moron. I have timed this thing down to the second and there is no way for me to keep a 2 stack rolling. If I cast the second HoG at the last possible moment to make a 2 stack it does not come off CD before the whole 2 stack drops off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    I hope I'm misunderstanding the HoG 2 stack thing and not just a total moron. I have timed this thing down to the second and there is no way for me to keep a 2 stack rolling. If I cast the second HoG at the last possible moment to make a 2 stack it does not come off CD before the whole 2 stack drops off.
    Yeah, that's not the point. You can never keep it rolling infinitely. Just try to maximize the time the dot is up like you are doing now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Well yeah of course it's not possible, the DoT lasts 6seconds and the cooldown is 15seconds, so unless you have the T174P you'll get 12 seconds of DoT and the cooldown will come up 3seconds later. Also there is no need to nail it on the second, as long as the second HoG hits in the last 30% of the first you'll get full duration.

Once you have the 4P it gets a bit trickier as with 3 charges you get 18 seconds of DoT which is enough to get one charge back and extend it to 24seconds + eventual bonus charges procs

The OP made it sound like I'm supposed to roll a 2 stack for the whole fight.