Sometimes that happens.. the MC procs right after you burned your fury as you see the bar fill to 1000. I read alot on the forums that we should wait for 8 MC procs before going meta but how often you get so many unless you have a ton of adds. My fav is your using TOC and burning your fury down then.... MC procs and now your almost out. I've always played destro because you can use a solid rotation and thus raise your dps because your now you are focused on the boss and mechanics. Demo, for me, is still really based on MC procs and too RNG; you also can't really lockdwn a pattern because you are reliant on rng procs. Demo bolt was more like destro because you wait for fury, shoot 4 db's and go back to work. I know it's alot more complicated then that but more like the basic mechanics. I feel you really can tell who is good at watching trinkets, procs..etc and keep your ego because others are crushing it and I have no idea how they do it (assuming close item level). I get on here and see these little tricks and try them. Some help and some don't but that's how you get better.. trial and error. It's cool that people can't vent their frustrations on here and most times, people try to help. I know this a random post but the above quote let me know that they have the same frustrations as me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    I've compared my logs with my other warlock guildmates and i saw that the difference between using MC procs in meta or using them to build up fury and than spam ToC in Meta is not that big (Gruul fights). Am i missing something?
    Here's some log (take a look at gruul). Rabican is using SF to build up fury that he spend with ToC. He's the best equipped (i hadn't the 2pc bonus and 645 feet).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&fight=6

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marlaid View Post
    after my performance tonight, i think, i need some help with my demo (probably destro too), it's the first time i feel really bad with my gameplay and my dps

i already had the probleme with cataclysm gameplay, i dont know how to manage my fury and my MC charge. i see " use soul fire on meta when you got procs " but if i do that i had not enough fury and soul fire for the dark soul phase. I'm really confused about how playing my demo with service/dservitude, so i switch back on demonbolt but it's slightly better and i do not really like it.

warcraftlogs .com/reports/L3YTWPXtfbKFvdxB/#type=damage-done

log from tonight, it's just orgorger, the first try was with service/servitude and next with demonbolt (i did one in destru but was weird)

i'm kamina
    You won't always have MC procs.
    One way to get more of them is to cast CW during DS, which is a slight DPS gain and a guaranteed proc.
    But if you don't have procs, it's alright, just spam Touch of Chaos. The DPS loss is quite minimal (except if you have haste procs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    Here's some log (take a look at gruul). Rabican is using SF to build up fury that he spend with ToC. He's the best equipped (i hadn't the 2pc bonus and 645 feet).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&fight=6

Thanks.
    No you are not missing anything, at this point the difference is indeed a couple of percents, for my character it is about 3% DPS loss to use SF for fury generation and ToC for spending..

ToC will lose more ground as gear improves, since it does not scale with haste, but at this point ToC is only a very minor loss.

Deleted
    it still becomes a pretty big difference tho if you use ToC for fury spending. as a dps you should always try and maxize your dps and ToC for fury spending isnt the way to go, even if it is a 2-3% loss it is still suboptimal and should be around a 1k dps loss which over the course of an encounter can be the difference between a kill and a wipe, as a rule of thumb, only use ToC for movement or on pull when you have used up all your MC procs and still have DS up, if im not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    it still becomes a pretty big difference tho if you use ToC for fury spending. as a dps you should always try and maxize your dps and ToC for fury spending isnt the way to go, even if it is a 2-3% loss it is still suboptimal and should be around a 1k dps loss which over the course of an encounter can be the difference between a kill and a wipe, as a rule of thumb, only use ToC for movement or on pull when you have used up all your MC procs and still have DS up, if im not mistaken.
    Or in the very unlikely scenario that you have no DS, have used up all MC procs to spend fury, and are still at risk of capping. ToC > non-MC soul fires.

Did anyone do sims on 2-4 targets ToC vs SF when ToC gets full value from a Corruption extension? I'm curious if keeping Corruption alive via ToC is still something of value that could edge out SF. I believe in SF during multiple big procs / BL / haste procs more specifically, but outside of that ToC seems fine.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2015-03-07 at 02:52 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Did anyone do sims on 2-4 targets ToC vs SF when ToC gets full value from a Corruption extension? I'm curious if keeping Corruption alive via ToC is still something of value that could edge out SF. I believe in SF during multiple big procs / BL / haste procs more specifically, but outside of that ToC seems fine.
    You shouldn't be using ToC to extend corruption across multiple targets.

How are you guys doing your opener with Serv/Serv?

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Ehm I'm not sure what you mean by that, how can extending the corruption ever be something bad? Let me clarify, it's kind of hard to explain without sounding like a complete idiot I guess: I want to know if when ToC gets used, it will always extend a corruption dot, not meaning you keep them all rolling permanently. Idk how to explain it any better than that really

He is asking: In a fight such as Hands and Friends, is it a DPS gain to use ToC on both targets during fury dump to extend Corruption (thereby saving yourself two GCDs in the future) over Soul Fire. Theoretically ToC is getting 'full value' in this scenario because it is doing damage and extending Corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    He is asking: In a fight such as Hands and Friends, is it a DPS gain to use ToC on both targets during fury dump to extend Corruption (thereby saving yourself two GCDs in the future) over Soul Fire. Theoretically ToC is getting 'full value' in this scenario because it is doing damage and extending Corruption.
    I think it depends on context. If you *need* to dump Fury while you also *need* to move, why wouldn't you ToC them both to, as you say, save the GCDs later. My understanding is that the value of ToC and SF (meta) are pretty close anyway.

I wonder if people are considering the Corruption refresh when calculating value of ToC over SF (meta)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think it depends on context. If you *need* to dump Fury while you also *need* to move, why wouldn't you ToC them both to, as you say, save the GCDs later. My understanding is that the value of ToC and SF (meta) are pretty close anyway.

I wonder if people are considering the Corruption refresh when calculating value of ToC over SF (meta)
    I think the crux of the issue is that incidental refreshes of Corruption via ToC are ok. If you have to move or if you need to bleed Fury but can't afford the MC stacks, then using ToC is fine. If you're going to cast 6x ToC then spreading them across two targets is probably wise.

Staying in Metamorphosis longer than you have to just to extend Corruption, or purposeful entering Metamorphosis for this effect is a loss and should be avoided, and I believe was the point Zevoa was trying to make earlier.

Do any of you guys know the actual stat weights for Demo? So can enter the values into addons like Pawn? I know the priority, but just not the actual values of the weights. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could post it up; I cant seem to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    Do any of you guys know the actual stat weights for Demo? So can enter the values into addons like Pawn? I know the priority, but just not the actual values of the weights. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could post it up; I cant seem to find it.
    Sim your character to know your own weights.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spelorzi View Post
    Sim your character to know your own weights.
    Sims are next to terrible for Demonology. Just get as much Mastery as you can, everything after that is inconsequential.

Deleted
    Sims are next to terrible for Demonology. Just get as much Mastery as you can, everything after that is inconsequential.
    getting a decent amount of haste will also help making the spec feel less slow and clunky but that is more of a personal opinion, stacking mastery is definately the way to go.

Sorry guys for breaking through and interrupting you, but I can't decide which trinket should I use at the moment. I just dropped BMC from Blackhand normal and I face a choice of replacing either DUT 665 Normal or Shard of Nothing 686 Mythic. I am playing demonology warlock. Please advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    Sorry guys for breaking through and interrupting you, but I can't decide which trinket should I use at the moment. I just dropped BMC from Blackhand normal and I face a choice of replacing either DUT 665 Normal or Shard of Nothing 686 Mythic. I am playing demonology warlock. Please advice.
    Keep the shard

Deleted
    Hello everyone,

I have a question concerning the Trinkets for Serv/Serv (ST) OR Cata (AoE)

ATM I have the Stage 4 Sandman's / Mythic Shards of Nothing / Heroic GSR / Heroic Warforged Imperator Trinket

Which should I use for best performance depending on my specs